I hope the classic won't look like the little picture for this thread. The latest smartphone on the market now are all very sleek, sexy and smooth looking. The Samsung galaxy 5, iphone 5s and htc one m8. I'd prefer the renders iv seen of basically a z30 with a keyboard and trackpad
    08-04-14 12:54 PM
    i'm sure it being the classic, it will look like the 9900 , i think there is a lot of people who loved this phone including myself and would love it.
    KDB84, BB Adict and Mr4aces like this.
    08-04-14 01:22 PM
    Classic is another word for retro... so it's not meant to look like modern devices.
    08-04-14 01:42 PM
    The little icon here oon the Classic forums is the back of the Q10. I think there are no public pics showing the back available as oof now.

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    08-04-14 01:54 PM
    As much as it would be nice to accomplish everything at the same time, I am mostly for function over form, so as long as it isn't absolutely hideous, or painted pink or something, I don't care too much about how "slick" or "cool" it looks. But that's just me...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-04-14 02:07 PM
    Why are there 'what's it look like' type posts still? There have been official pictures and it's been in videos.

Edit: pictures from the official announcement and it was in the first john Chen passport demo as the "old style" phone he picked up waved around and plopped back down on the table.

Posted via CB10
    illlya likes this.
    08-04-14 04:42 PM
    This IS the next device for me!! Just wish it had the "smiley face" 9900 keyboard.
    Mr4aces, KDB84 and Anatomy like this.
    08-04-14 05:02 PM
    I wish that camera isn't final. I want to see the same centered camera from the passport with the large lens meaning it'll have optical stabilization...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Mr4aces and dmlis like this.
    08-04-14 06:05 PM
    This IS the next device for me!! Just wish it had the "smiley face" 9900 keyboard.
    Yeah I want an ergonomic keyboard also. Looks like this is set in stone, so we are stuck.
    Frehley and Anatomy like this.
    08-04-14 07:26 PM
    Yeah I want an ergonomic keyboard also. Looks like this is set in stone, so we are stuck.
    Same here but it has the toolbelt☺
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-05-14 12:16 AM
    Really love the look of this device! Can't wait to get my hands on it.
    08-06-14 09:51 AM
    Design??-53a31b02aff3e.jpeg

Posted via Verizon Z30
    pttptppt and clickitykeys like this.
    08-07-14 08:02 PM
    design-wise i think the HTC One M8 is cool: i'm just a sucker for brushed aluminum. but aside from that it seems like another Android. curious to see how the Galaxy Alpha/S5 Prime will turn out. some of these neu phones don't look too durable though.

i personally like the design of the bb10 devices.
    garrett lajoie likes this.
    08-08-14 02:40 AM
    As far as usability goes, thinness is over-rated. Beyond a point, lightness is over-rated too.

Yes, a Bold-style smiley keyboard would have been awesome. But I wouldn't worry too much about the Classic's design. With its physical keyboard and tool-belt, it already starts out with much more personality than your common glass slabs.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 02:59 AM
    Same here but it has the toolbelt☺
    Just bought a new HP with windows 8.1. Hate 8.1 and the straight keyboard for me the ergonomic keyboard is faster. I'm posting this on my grandson's Z10 just so nobody can say I haven't tried one. I hate this keyboard also. Way to slow but better than my wife's Samsung. There is NOTHING faster than the 9900. I had Carpal Tunnel in my wrist in 2006 the ergonomic keyboard eliminated this problem. I can see this might happen again so I try to stay away from straight keyboards. I can see the thumbs having the same problem.

Who ever designed this "Classic" does not type as fast as I do on a keyboard or on a mobile 9900. Anyone under 30 doesn't know what I'm talking about because they haven't abused their body for 50+ years.

OK I don't know how I put up with this one finger typing on this Z10. But superior to the Samsung.

For ergonomic naysayers, wait till you get Carpal Tunnel.
    phuoc and Frehley like this.
    08-10-14 09:39 AM
    I hope they change the back. It should be like on the Q10! Glasswave back is so beautiful.

Posted via Q10Bold
    Anatomy likes this.
    08-10-14 10:05 AM
    Just bought a new HP with windows 8.1. Hate 8.1 and the straight keyboard for me the ergonomic keyboard is faster. I'm posting this on my grandson's Z10 just so nobody can say I haven't tried one. I hate this keyboard also. Way to slow but better than my wife's Samsung. There is NOTHING faster than the 9900. I had Carpal Tunnel in my wrist in 2006 the ergonomic keyboard eliminated this problem. I can see this might happen again so I try to stay away from straight keyboards. I can see the thumbs having the same problem.

Who ever designed this "Classic" does not type as fast as I do on a keyboard or on a mobile 9900. Anyone under 30 doesn't know what I'm talking about because they haven't abused their body for 50+ years.

OK I don't know how I put up with this one finger typing on this Z10. But superior to the Samsung.

For ergonomic naysayers, wait till you get Carpal Tunnel.
    Yeah, "old Arthur" found his way into my old abused thumb joints. My semi retired Q10's kb rates second to the 99's superb kb. I guess BBRY claimed the straight keyboard to be "faster" in their "in house" testing. I'd like to see the raw data and procedures supporting that but... ???

I, personally, feel the straight keyboard decision would have been driven by "screenestate" priorities without a tool belt to take up the curve under the flat edge of the screen. Now, even tho the 20's toolbelt could be shaped to provide that transition, they'd be stuck with having to admit the Bold's configuration really might be better. At least that's the conspiracy floating around here in the break room.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-10-14 10:11 AM
    Took an operation to eliminate my CTS, hope the 20 doesn't bring it back.
    08-10-14 12:48 PM
    Yeah, "old Arthur" found his way into my old abused thumb joints. My semi retired Q10's kb rates second to the 99's superb kb. I guess BBRY claimed the straight keyboard to be "faster" in their "in house" testing. I'd like to see the raw data and procedures supporting that but... ???

I, personally, feel the straight keyboard decision would have been driven by "screenestate" priorities without a tool belt to take up the curve under the flat edge of the screen. Now, even tho the 20's toolbelt could be shaped to provide that transition, they'd be stuck with having to admit the Bold's configuration really might be better. At least that's the conspiracy floating around here in the break room.
    I see your point, and it makes sense. But I transitioned just fine from the 9900 to Q10. I don't feel I necessarily type better on one over the other. I do like the Q10s bigger keys though. Also, the straight frets give a more "clean cut", almost minimalist appearance.

The 9900 was probably more of the looker though. So pair some of its styling cues with the BlackBerry 10 OS on it, and I think we'll have a winner with the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 01:03 PM
    I see your point, and it makes sense. But I transitioned just fine from the 9900 to Q10. I don't feel I necessarily type better on one over the other. I do like the Q10s bigger keys though. Also, the straight frets give a more "clean cut", almost minimalist appearance.

The 9900 was probably more of the looker though. So pair some of its styling cues with the BlackBerry 10 OS on it, and I think we'll have a winner with the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    It is set in stone so like it or not we get the straight keyboard. I still don't get this "Classic " when it is a Q10 with track belt.

Just because I buy it don't mean I am happy. Just got to get away from having only 300kb of RAM to start off with.

I finally got Internet where we live so I bought a new desktop with 16g RAM. So I will be using my phone less.

I'm still testing this Z10. I like it except for the one finger typing. Pretty hard to 2 thumb it in a touch screen. The word correct is way better than the Samsung and I seem to make less mistakes.

Is November here yet?

Posted via CB10
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    08-11-14 12:16 AM
    It is set in stone so like it or not we get the straight keyboard. I still don't get this "Classic " when it is a Q10 with track belt.
    There are sacrifices to be made I guess. The "Classic" is reference to the toolbelt's return more than anything. That seems to be the feature most demanded from legacy users. I don't think Q10 users complained as much about the straight vs curved keyboard layouts.

I for one am all for the the straight keys to keep consistency with other physical qwerty devices in their portfolio, and to open up for more screen real estate. But it makes sense that you might have a different opinion.

I hope users like yourself will still give the Classic a shot and end up enjoying it despite the lack of certain legacy features.
    08-11-14 01:00 AM
    There are sacrifices to be made I guess. The "Classic" is reference to the toolbelt's return more than anything. That seems to be the feature most demanded from legacy users. I don't think Q10 users complained as much about the straight vs curved keyboard layouts........

I hope users like yourself will still give the Classic a shot and end up enjoying it despite the lack of certain legacy features.
    I have no choice. The 9900 is way out of date with 300kb use able RAM.

I didn't have Internet so I was using the 9900 as my Internet tool.

This Z10 and BB10 is not as good as the OS7 for the social feeds. BBM in BB10 sucks.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 08:23 AM
    I have no choice. The 9900 is way out of date with 300kb use able RAM.

I didn't have Internet so I was using the 9900 as my Internet tool.

This Z10 and BB10 is not as good as the OS7 for the social feeds. BBM in BB10 sucks.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, once again, all BB had to do was fit the 99 with more ram. More processor and a MATURE bb10 OS would be nice too. Throwing in a bigger, thicker, battery and a decent camera would have been sweet icing for the cake. Incremental improvements have sales potential with each step. It's not like we're asking for something they've never built before. Evidence the re-released 9900. It's looking like virtually the ONLY thing legacy about the 20 will be the toolbelt. Depending on how that gets implemented. ?? Toolbelt is a great feature but it isn't, by itself, the ONLY feature "legacy holdouts" value. You can fit a steering wheel from Shelby's Cobra into a Ford F350 but that truck will never be a Cobra...

We can only hope that BB will note the relative success of the 20 and one day intro a Q99, or B20, or...
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-11-14 08:59 AM
    Yep, once again, all BB had to do was fit the 99 with more ram. More processor and a MATURE bb10 OS would be nice too. Throwing in a bigger, thicker, battery and a decent camera would have been sweet icing for the cake. Incremental improvements have sales potential with each step. It's not like we're asking for something they've never built before. Evidence the re-released 9900. It's looking like virtually the ONLY thing legacy about the 20 will be the toolbelt. Depending on how that gets implemented. ?? Toolbelt is a great feature but it isn't, by itself, the ONLY feature "legacy holdouts" value. You can fit a steering wheel from Shelby's Cobra into a Ford F350 but that truck will never be a Cobra...

We can only hope that BB will note the relative success of the 20 and one day intro a Q99, or B20, or...
    Right on! If I was JC I would hire you VP of R&D
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 08-12-14 at 10:56 AM.
    08-11-14 09:51 PM
    Right on! If I was JC I would hire you VP of R&D
    Thanks but no thanks. Worked for BIG companies and for smaller ones. Smaller is better. Smaller is fun! Like retirement should be.
    08-11-14 10:50 PM
28 12