Hi everyone. I know that there have been lots of threads debating whether or not the Classic or the Passport is the better device. What I'm curious of is not which is better, but rather, who has resolved to the fact that both are equally beneficial and are purposely using both? I know Alison Philips of BlackBerry does it: What?s In Your Bag? BlackBerry Head of Industrial Design Talks Accessories | Inside BlackBerry

She says she is "constantly rotating devices". I personally started off with the Passport, then the Classic, and have now been going back and forth, switching it up every few weeks or so. For those of you that rotate, why so? I do it because both have their merits: Passport is great for traveling as the large battery reassures power when unsure of charging opportunities; Classic is great for just around the city, running errands and being on the go. I find too the more I use the Passport then the less social I am as I'm just glued to it! So the Classic makes me interact with my environment and other people more lol.

And for those with both devices, which one do you use more, of the two?

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    10-05-15 08:03 AM
    The Passport makes you less social? Interesting. My Passport makes me more tunnelled in but doesn't make me any less social than when using the other devices. My wife thinks I'm a BB addict, period.
    10-05-15 09:18 AM
    I'm a BlackBerry addict and admit it! I'm also one of the most mobile-device-confused people on the planet! I switch between my Classic probably weekly?

I love the size, feel, and tool belt of the Classic which is perfect for me during the work week. On the other hand, I also love the raw power, screen, keyboard, and plain uniqueness of the Passport!

My iPhone 6 and Galaxy S6 haven't been turned on since I've been using these 2 devices?

I'm going to go full time this week with the SE and try to stay away from the Classic. Why? Even though I feel like I mastered the SE, I keep finding new tricks to it every day and it's awesome!

Sent via SE Passport
    10-05-15 09:59 AM
    The Passport makes you less social? Interesting. My Passport makes me more tunnelled in but doesn't make me any less social than when using the other devices. My wife thinks I'm a BB addict, period.
    Yeah i'll admit it does! Sounds weird, I know, but I am more compelled to waste time on social media on the Passport than on the Classic!

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 10:02 AM
    I also forgot to mention the awesome battery life of the SE Passport!

As far as dual wielding, when using the SE I usually have the Classic close by as a calendar/calculator for work.

Sent via SE Passport
    10-05-15 10:03 AM
    I am. I am running with Classic and Passport all the time. I have two devices set with the same setup, meaning all the email accounts, setups, and even apps. The only thing that actually bothers me is: I have to wait 1 hour to use my bbm, which contains a lot of groups and contacts, on which I rely. And it eats up the juice.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 12:39 PM
    By the way, I can't figure which one I use more often. I decide to use either one based on what kind of clothes on me. I love BOTH.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 12:41 PM
    By the way, I can't figure which one I use more often. I decide to use either one based on what kind of clothes on me. I love BOTH.

Posted via CB10
    How often do you switch it up?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 01:04 PM
    I use a Classic, PassPort, Z30 and 9900 depending on anticipated needs. All with their own phone # on shared data plan. The 9900 is mostly the daily driver with other numbers forwarding to it after a given number of rings. Usually. Most of the time i use 99 and Classic as "double fisted" simultaneous combo. Coworkers, family, some clients to the 99 and most clients to the Classic. VERY effective since both are single handed friendly, permitting one in each hand. The added screen estate and capabilities make for a satisfyingly efficient combo.

Other days i'll carry the PassPort as a VERY capable PDF viewer, etc. It has replaced my Playbook for jobsite print viewing, for example. Usually i carry it along with my 99 but have occasionally carried it with my Classic and feel well equipped with that combo.

The 99 is better for "out of position" single handed use, than Classic, IMO. "Out of position" such as while crawling under machinery, etc. (yes, i'm an "old school" engineer that still gets dirty... lol)
    I also prefer 99's calendar, etc... BUT, if i didn't have specific use for the 9900, i'd certainly feel well equipped carrying Classic AND PassPort. A very powerful combo, also.
    10-05-15 01:41 PM
    I also forgot to mention the awesome battery life of the SE Passport!

As far as dual wielding, when using the SE I usually have the Classic close by as a calendar/calculator for work.

Sent via SE Passport
    Sure wish i could find a RPN calculator app for the Classic.
    10-05-15 01:49 PM
    RPN calculator?

Sent via SE Passport
    10-05-15 02:25 PM
    Passport ATT for the work week & the Classic for the weekends.

Passport is the Beast and the Classic is the baby Beast
    10-05-15 06:04 PM
    Mmmmm RPN!

Having a 42S in a Classic...

Regards

Posted via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    10-05-15 07:27 PM
    RPN calculator?

Sent via SE Passport

RPN = Reverse Postfix Notation. Sometimes called Polish notation since first postulated by a Polish guy (Lukasiewicz) in the 20s, I believe. Implemented by HP in their RPN calculators. A POWERFUL stack oriented calculation scheme that uses no parentheses. I've calculated two page formulas without storing a single memory register, nor writing any intermediate results.
    10-05-15 08:48 PM
    Mmmmm RPN!

Having a 42S in a Classic...

Regards

Posted via CB10
    Oh yeah... . I'd settle for a 41CX with Math, Structural Analysis, Financial,... ROM cards!

Lygea made the 10C app I use in my 99. No such love for our Classics, so far.

Sorry to hijack, OP... the reference to Classic's calculator caught my eye.
    10-05-15 08:55 PM
    I'm soooo lost

Sent via SE Passport
    10-05-15 10:08 PM
    I'm soooo lost

Sent via SE Passport
    Sorry bout that, i'll start a thread about emulator apps suitable for Classic.
    Lefty724 likes this.
    10-05-15 11:20 PM