Not a problem. I'm hoping the increase in screen size is enough to make a difference plus the toolbelt will make it easier to select text. The Passport intrigues me but may be too big for everyday use. You know how it is, always looking for the "perfect" device.
    Enjoy your new Classic!

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully it works out for you. :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-16-14 05:05 PM
    Hopefully it works out for you. :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    I'm all for Blackberry getting back to their roots. I'm excited about the Classic. We'll see if it fits my needs (and old eyes).

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 05:13 PM
    I do quite a lot of work with corporate lawyers, the majority of whom are in their 40's & 50's and are in senior positions within their firms (eg most are partners) - for people who are so intelligent, and usually very detail-orientated, a lot of them are quite technically illiterate and/or technophobic.

Most of these lawyers have admired my Q10 over the last year and a bit, but nearly all of them have been put off from getting a Q10 because of two things: 1) new method of controlling a BlackBerry (eg Gestures) and 2) no Toolbelt. Therefore these lawyers are still using their 99xx's (and in some cases 97xx's).

My belief is that a new BlackBerry that has a Toolbelt will be the reason to make them upgrade to OS10 (especially if the phone has a bigger screen to make reading documents easier).

Potential issues with Android Apps? I don't believe that many of them will ever want to install third-party apps, and I don't expect that many of them will be allowed to either (eg their devices will be very tightly locked down by their firms).

A couple of the more technically advanced lawyers have Passports, which are generally admired for their enhanced document reading ability, but are also dismissed by many as being 'too techy'. Some of them are also aware of the Z30, but they are all dismissive of it, as it does not have a real keyboard.

My belief is that the Classic will be the driver to get these (senior, influential within their firms) lawyers to upgrade to a new BlackBerry (eg the Classic), and as they are senior people, their decisions will mean that their whole firm's will upgrade to the Classic too.

Just my two pennorth.... I look forward to March/April 2015 to see if my prediction comes true.
    Absolutely 100% could not disagree more with your statement. I do 100% respect it, as that doesn't mean I'm right. IMHO anyone still using BB7 with the 9900 series is doing it because they love the phone and it works! They don't see a need to change. I don't know why all these people think BB7 users are afraid of something new? I simply don't think they wanted the Z10 or Z30 cause they like their keyboard. They stuck with their 9900/9930 instead of the Q10 because their device worked great for what they needed. I think any link between BB7 to BB10 will be coincidentally forced. What I mean by that is company's or individuals may switch out of necessity not because they've "been waiting" for a BB10 device with a ToolBelt. The Classic offers your attorney buddies absolutely nothing more than the 9930 that's important to them other than maybe the larger battery.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-16-14 05:16 PM
    Absolutely 100% could not disagree more with your statement. I do 100% respect it, as that doesn't mean I'm right. IMHO anyone still using BB7 with the 9900 series is doing it because they love the phone and it works! They don't see a need to change. I don't know why all these people think BB7 users are afraid of something new? I simply don't think they wanted the Z10 or Z30 cause they like their keyboard. They stuck with their 9900/9930 instead of the Q10 because their device worked great for what they needed. I think any link between BB7 to BB10 will be coincidentally forced. What I mean by that is company's or individuals may switch out of necessity not because they've "been waiting" for a BB10 device with a ToolBelt. The Classic offers your attorney buddies absolutely nothing more than the 9930 that's important to them other than maybe the larger battery.
    I understand your point re: 'coincidentally forced'. I also believe that this will happen in many organisations.

However, regarding the people I interact with... I know that most of these lawyers (solicitors, not attorneys...) want better document reading and management options (a fair few of them have oohed and aahed about the hub attachment functionality on my Q10), which they will only get with OS10.

We shall see.....
    anon6040766 likes this.
    12-16-14 07:18 PM
    FYI to everyone that upgraded to BB10... this device is not directed to you. It's for the people that have been unwilling to give up their Bold series.
    Also don't complain about the screen, apps, blah, blah. If you are still using a Bold, it is quite obvious what your priorities in a phone are. Otherwise you would have moved on to the myriad of other phones instead of clinging to a 5 yr old phone.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-16-14 07:39 PM
    I guess I can see the point it's no different then the non existent support for the trackpad like functions of the passport keyboard

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 07:41 PM
    I disagree with your disagreeing. I work in both Music and the NFL (for fun) and I see a ton of 9900's because of the reasons listed. They don't want to learn gestures and they want the toolbelt. Most of them also carry an iPhone because they don't love the rest of the phone.
    BigAl_BB9900 and Mr4aces like this.
    12-16-14 07:45 PM
    Also don't care about the Android apps. Gonna be awesome to navigate, text, anything on the phone without touching the screen!

I hate smudges on my screens! Just a little pet peeve of mine.

Posted via CB10
    Im in the same boat, hate the dirty screen. I have a touch laptop, but never use it. Who the hell likes smudges on a phone, let alone a laptop?
    12-16-14 08:36 PM
    I disagree with your disagreeing. I work in both Music and the NFL (for fun) and I see a ton of 9900's because of the reasons listed. They don't want to learn gestures and they want the toolbelt. Most of them also carry an iPhone because they don't love the rest of the phone.
    I understand and can appreciate your point. That's why I said IMHO...I recognize there are groups like yours just don't think that's representative of enough consumers.
    12-16-14 09:42 PM
    The keyboard vs touchscreen question on BlackBerry is directly analogous to the laptop vs tablet computer question. If you primarily use your device for "Apps" developed for tablets and consuming media then touchscreen may well be sufficient, but if you generate text, code and ideas for a living, there is no substitute for dedicated keyboards and shortcut combos.

Tablets devices devote their resources to displaying information, while laptops are designed for producing it. Different users need different functionality. The developer in the article talks about text selection as if that's a minor function. For me, it's a primary one, as I spend 6-8 hours a day writing and editing with many collaborators in real time. The core toolbelt functionality is highly desirable regardless of whether or not those functions are also available in the onscreen menu.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 07:08 AM
    You might be right on that. We'll see. I'm rockiin a Q10 and can't wait for the classic.

I understand and can appreciate your point. That's why I said IMHO...I recognize there are groups like yours just don't think that's representative of enough consumers.
    12-17-14 10:10 AM
    FYI to everyone that upgraded to BB10... this device is not directed to you. It's for the people that have been unwilling to give up their Bold series.
    Also don't complain about the screen, apps, blah, blah. If you are still using a Bold, it is quite obvious what your priorities in a phone are. Otherwise you would have moved on to the myriad of other phones instead of clinging to a 5 yr old phone.
    That may be but there are a lot of us that used a BBOS device, upgraded to BB10 but missed some of the things lost on the z10.

People like me could never go back to the bold and we need and want apps but also miss the efficiency of the classic style with real keys and buttons.

People in the same boat as me are those that went from BBOS to iOS or Android as well.

Many of us will see this as getting back the blackberry that we loved while retaining the power of a modern OS.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 11:01 AM
    I can't stand touching the Q10 screen and I've only had it a few days. Definitely would prefer the Classic hardware buttons, but I wont be paying that ridiculous price tag. If it released at $299 I'd consider it appropriately priced. By the time it actually drops to that price, it'll still be too expensive relative to hardware for devices in the same price point.
    12-17-14 11:03 AM
    This! I've done an Android for 2 years. It's fine for entertainment, but for my business it's ridiculous. I'll put it out of my misery just as soon as Verizon gets me my new Classic. The sooner the better!
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-17-14 11:13 AM
64 123