Tell me this then...have we not heard this same type of reasoning about Thorsten, and about Jim and Mike? I recall this same type of "they know what they are doing" argument used so many times yet time and time again (given enough time) it became apparent they had no clue what they were doing.

BlackBerry without the consumer will fail. The world where they could rely on the business market is gone and never coming back, but this thread is not about that, is it? It's about the perception that BlackBerry is creating by effectively flip-flopping on its own platform.

On a more personal note, can you please proof read your posts? You managed to write two fragments and put a comma in the middle of the second sentence where it makes no sense at all. Yes, grammar police...it hurts my eyes.

Posted via CB10
    Say what you want about TH, Mike, Jim, John Chen, anything. I know ONE thing for a fact, something that nobody can dispute, something I'm willing to bet my money on. All of them, despite any failures they might have had, are more qualified to make those decisions than you are. If you think you know better than these people who were or are the CEO of the company, you are suffering from delusions of grandeur, no ifs, ands, or buts...
    acovey and Upgrayedd111 like this.
    03-16-14 11:49 PM
    Say what you want about TH, Mike, Jim, John Chen, anything. I know ONE thing for a fact, something that nobody can dispute, something I'm willing to bet my money on. All of them, despite any failures they might have had, are more qualified to make those decisions than you are. If you think you know better than these people who were or are the CEO of the company, you are suffering from delusions of grandeur, no ifs, ands, or buts...
    Period. Hahahahaha

You know what they say...once you resort to ad-hominem attacks you've already lost the argument. That or we can keep going...I'm rubber you're glue, everything you say bounces off me and sticks to you

After all, that holds about as much water and relevance to the entire argument as your statement.

John Chen actually has a proven track record of turning around a floundering company. Ever hear of Sybase?

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    BlackBerry is nothing like Sybase. Not the same business, not the same market, not the same challenges, in fact nothing about them is similar. I'm not knocking John Chen. I think that he may (finally) be the man for the job but that does not change the fact that we have heard this all before.

Nevertheless, this is again off topic. OP is correct in saying that this is a bad move for BlackBerry and it will negatively affect the BlackBerry brand and the company's credibility. I just hope that they do not try to stick to the same old recipe. If you want to bring the function keys and the track pad back, I really hope that they innovate and put out something never seen before. Assuming they do this I may just be the first in line for the new toy

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dejanh; 03-17-14 at 01:38 AM.
    03-17-14 01:21 AM
    Rigidly on topic, I have to disagree with the thread title. Toolbelts are not dangerous. There is no danger in a tool belt. You will suffer no harm whatsoever.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    dejanh, DYLANHABKIRK and acovey like this.
    03-17-14 04:10 AM
    What "all the people"? Give me one source that supports what you said. Just one.

What you stated there is a rumor that somehow became coddled into a false reality.
    This is how I feel about the idea that flip-flopping on bb10's UI is a serious problem for blackberry's image and business. Is there market data that can prove that this fear is justified?

I think BlackBerry should make the best, fastest, most efficient, most capable phone they can, and damn the optics. You think they should stay the course and that optics are more important than utility.

I doubt that either of us has the hard data to justify our opinions.

Posted via CB10
    acovey and RyanGermann like this.
    03-17-14 09:49 AM
    Who cares? Q20 is gonna rock. Case closed.

Posted via CB10 Q10SQN100-5/10.2.1.2141
    Bbnivende, acovey and heraiz like this.
    03-17-14 10:27 AM
    Period. Hahahahaha

You know what they say...once you resort to ad-hominem attacks you've already lost the argument. That or we can keep going...I'm rubber you're glue, everything you say bounces off me and sticks to you

After all, that holds about as much water and relevance to the entire argument as your statement.

BlackBerry is nothing like Sybase. Not the same business, not the same market, not the same challenges, in fact nothing about them is similar. I'm not knocking John Chen. I think that he may (finally) be the man for the job but that does not change the fact that we have heard this all before.

Nevertheless, this is again off topic. OP is correct in saying that this is a bad move for BlackBerry and it will negatively affect the BlackBerry brand and the company's credibility. I just hope that they do not try to stick to the same old recipe. If you want to bring the function keys and the track pad back, I really hope that they innovate and put out something never seen before. Assuming they do this I may just be the first in line for the new toy

Posted via CB10
    So you talk about brand and credibility and yet you want to buy a BlackBerry toy.
    03-17-14 11:18 AM

I think we can end the thread right now.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    03-17-14 11:38 AM
    Yep, the decision has already been made. Q20 is coming no matter what. Don't like it, suck it. Move on and buy another device.

Powered by BlackBerry
    acovey and heraiz like this.
    03-17-14 12:45 PM
    BlackBerry is not in a financial position to be catering to tiny markets. As-is they have too many devices. They should have released only the Z10 (with better specs, like the Z30), the Q10, and the Z3. All else was and will be a colossal waste of money. Q5 was a failure, Z30 is in principle a failure, even though I own one as it was too late to the market and really should have been the Z10, and the Q20 will just continue this trend. Diversification in product portfolio is very expensive and not something BlackBerry can support.

At launch they should have had the Z3 at sub $200 prices off contract as the very first phone. They should have had the Q10 positioned as a middle tier device at around $400 off contract, and the Z10 with upgraded specs for around $550 off contract. That would have significantly boosted the chance of BlackBerry 10 taking off.

I said a source, you know, like one with actual stats or some concrete data. Not a user's personal experience.

You guys really make me laugh.

Posted via CB10
    BINGO spot on man really spot on..that 4 tier strategy proves to be really expensive and sorta confused like "trying to make everyone happy" xD...They have must set a definite baseline standard with An even better specd z10 (as you said z30 should be the z10,maybe with 4.3 screen even and 1080p) and A higher midrange Q10 phone so that more people had migrated towards the new experience...this pricing is one part of the story,the other part is the steep learning Curve aswell,I can safely assume it did affect the migration to some extent..And the next part is a "Polished" and "bug-free" "AT LAUNCH" release of BB10,do less,but do excellently,just like Apple...I know most of you would bash me,but I can tell you i have used z10 dev preview and the os was not as polished as It have to be (and many reviewers mentioned it),OK it is their first version,Whatever The f*** but BBRY must have realised that they have absolutely nothing to lose,so they should have looked upon it...the next part is the grave app gap,NO I DON'T WANT ANDROID APPS,AND WE BBRIan won't want that anyway...I want native apps that can run headless,and quality apps...Had they released a premium suit of productivity apps with z10,the scenario would have been different....the other part in my opinion is BB cloud service +BES 10,BB cloud which they are soon gonna launch in 2014...had it launched both in 2013 Mid year,would have made wonders IMHO...

IMHO the conclusion is a "co-herent" and polished experience surely saves the blackberry base + enterprise base and then they could have build on it...BBRY at launch doesn't have anything for enterprise iOS users to switch from their OS IMHO...

After that BBRY have succeeded in saving and even increasing its BB fanbase + enterprise base,It would have released z3 just around this time with low price,and it would be a wonderful regain of bbry
    03-17-14 03:55 PM

Furque YeAh!!!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    xBURK likes this.
    03-17-14 04:04 PM
    Period. Hahahahaha

Posted via CB10
    John Chen is CEO of BlackBerry and neither of us are. Slagman is not attacking you, rather he is pointing out that the CEO of BlackBerry has qualifications we do not when it comes to releasing products. Also, I have read some of your other posts. You seem to make personal attacks as well. Let us try to be friendly here rather than immediately assume our own positions are correct with no exceptions.

I'd like to believe BlackBerry does not risk hurting the company's image by releasing a phone with some additional buttons on it. After all, Apple could put a giant red mushroom button on the back of an iPhone, call it "revolutionary", and all the little iSheep would line up at the door to buy one. So, can the Q20 change some people's view of BlackBerry? Undeniably so. But as I and others are trying to say, none of us here at CrackBerry have the qualifications to determine just how much of an impact the phone will have.
    acovey likes this.
    03-17-14 08:38 PM
    John Chen is CEO of BlackBerry and neither of us are. Slagman is not attacking you, rather he is pointing out that the CEO of BlackBerry has qualifications we do not when it comes to releasing products. Also, I have read some of your other posts. You seem to make personal attacks as well. Let us try to be friendly here rather than immediately assume our own positions are correct with no exceptions.

I'd like to believe BlackBerry does not risk hurting the company's image by releasing a phone with some additional buttons on it. After all, Apple could put a giant red mushroom button on the back of an iPhone, call it "revolutionary", and all the little iSheep would line up at the door to buy one. So, can the Q20 change some people's view of BlackBerry? Undeniably so. But as I and others are trying to say, none of us here at CrackBerry have the qualifications to determine just how much of an impact the phone will have.
    Yah, I've pretty much stopped wasting my time with him. I can tell he probably took a debate class in middle school so now he thinks he's an expert in the field. I say that because I actually have done a lot of that and he's using the terms... but not correctly... lol. Anyway, no matter what you say, it wouldn't make a difference. In his mind, he's right and anyone with a different opinion is wrong or has an argument that is guilty of some kind of logical fallacy...

So here's my advice, whatever he says, just say "Whatever you say, you're right." And end your time wasting right there. Sometimes a little bit of ego stroking is all you need to get someone to give it a rest.
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    03-17-14 09:39 PM
    There is no such thing as a "correct" opinion. It is just that. I have faith this will be a killer phone.
    Period. Hahahahaha

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 10:17 PM
    So.......is the tool belt a good idea or not? lol