You guys... "people" won't think anything relax.

Let me tell you about people.

"People" don't even know bb10 exists.
    "People" think the Q10 is the new bold.
    "People" aren't aware of the z10 and z30
    "People" besides CB, don't know or care about QNX
    "People" don't know about the whole gesture OS except the BlackBerry fan brigade who have been shouting about it.

Blackberry is in a position that it could use the samsung logo and call it the Microsoft Z50 and nobody would notice or care because of the non existent advertising it does.

You really think the superbowl ads or these silly peek and flow commercials tell the full story about bb10 = gesture this and that, the "people" know nothing... yet, whereas "you people "go LOOKING for ads, big difference between you AND them.

Posted via CB10
    Dude's got a serious point here...

Kobnyc
    03-14-14 06:53 AM
    Q10 owner here. In fact, I own two Q10's. Love this phone, but the analogy is flawed.

Cars speed you up more than 100x the speed of riding on a horse.

Text selection/highlighting, answering/denying/hanging up phone calls are simply easier and faster to do with a trackpad and function keys.

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    I heard people saying it's easier. There are more than one opinion about this topic. As for the analogy: I was talking about complicity.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 07:32 AM
    I think the actual track pad in Q20 is not going to be what we have experienced so far. It'll be something completely new. Something that makes people stop and pay attention. If they wanted to release the new model with an added belt from the legacy devices they would have done it already. Let us not forget about the all touch physical keyboard which concept surfaced few times in the news. I think it'll be revolving around that.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    03-14-14 07:42 AM
    I heard people saying it's easier. There are more than one opinion about this topic. As for the analogy: I was talking about complicity.

Posted via CB10
    It's indisputable that a physical button to accept/reject/hang up is quicker than a swipe...currently, you press to swipe. Physical button you just press. You also don't have to look at the phone to do so with physical buttons.

Selecting text with a touch screen is not as accurate/efficient as with a trackpad.

These are facts that I admit to as a Q10 lover that don't make me enjoy my phone any less.

I know what your analogy was, I pointed out the flaw in it.

Pete The Penguin likes this.
    03-14-14 07:45 AM
    I think the actual track pad in Q20 is not going to be what we have experienced so far. It'll be something completely new. Something that makes people stop and pay attention. If they wanted to release the new model with an added belt from the legacy devices they would have done it already. Let us not forget about the all touch physical keyboard which concept surfaced few times in the news. I think it'll be revolving around that.

John Chen in the official release of the Q20 said it will be the same. He also said his predecessors at BlackBerry made a mistake by not having the trackpad and function row with the first set of qwerty BB10 phones.

Krzysztof Patyna likes this.
    03-14-14 07:48 AM
    Crap!..and I had my hopes high. Oh well, there's always Z30 or its successor. Thanks for your feedback!

03-14-14 07:52 AM
    Crap!..and I had my hopes high. Oh well, there's always Z30 or its successor. Thanks for your feedback!

There will be future keyboard devices without the trackpad and function keys row, presumably with a larger screen than Q10.

03-14-14 09:38 AM
    What kind of logic is that? Cars were slightly more productive than horses.
    When mankind switched from riding horses to driving cars people found it to be very complicated because they were used to the horses. The German Kaiser even predicted the car is just a fashion thing that will dissappear soon again.

What I'm saying is, that we can't stick to old routines forever in order to move on. There's many Q10 owners out there that say they're at least as productive as they were on their legacy device. What are you an 80 year old senior?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 12:11 PM
    I hope it's not exactly the same. I would prefer a straight one.
    John Chen in the official release of the Q20 said it will be the same. He also said his predecessors at BlackBerry made a mistake by not having the trackpad and function row with the first set of qwerty BB10 phones.

03-14-14 12:13 PM
    What kind of logic is that? Cars were slightly more productive than horses.
    And more complicated because people weren't used to them.

All I'm saying is that blackberry would have a bigger victory if they invented some kind of digital track pad that makes the device more productive instead of bringing back an element from the stone age and at the same time admit that they couldn't find a modern/new way to do so.

Posted via CB10
    dejanh likes this.
    03-14-14 12:27 PM
    Still flawed.
    03-14-14 12:28 PM
    Why so much hate for tool belt? John Chen & his team know exactly what they are doing.
    This is totally unproven. Let's see how the Q20 actually sells before stating that John Chen's team know what they are doing. There were enough claims like that with Thorsten Heins in charge in the lead up to the launch of BB10. You'd think people would learn from their mistakes and the mistakes of others before they state the unknown as fact.

It's always good to have options & choices. Look at Samsung, how many Galaxy versions they launch each year.
    Yes, look at how many of them have a physical Qwerty keyboard and a "tool belt".

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    dejanh likes this.
    03-14-14 01:44 PM
    "It's really hard to design products by focus groups. A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them." - Steve Jobs

I find your quote slightly contradictory to your argument. I would advise you read it again, and think of the implications it has against your argument.

While you claim to have a background in advertising, I think it is unfair to claim that "People" as a whole will discredit BlackBerry further for providing more options to it's clientele.

Furthermore, as an "Advertising Agent" you should know that market research is essential before making inane claims. Until you can show us proof of your concept, I think it's fair to completely discredit your entire forums post.

That ^ is not getting personal, that is stating facts.

Facts are missing from your argument, which render them inane.
    Bbnivende and th.1977 like this.
    03-14-14 05:12 PM
    ^ I agree 100% ^
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    03-14-14 08:23 PM
    I agree with some points, being that the tool belt is already outdated, so why can't blackberry make a tool belt phone and sell it as a "mid-range" device, for the fanbase, and call it the say Bold 10 or something, and continue the Q line as "innovation"
    03-14-14 08:40 PM
    I agree with some points, being that the tool belt is already outdated, so why can't blackberry make a tool belt phone and sell it as a "mid-range" device, for the fanbase, and call it the say Bold 10 or something, and continue the Q line as "innovation"
    Well, I don't think you can say you're listening to enterprise customers and then give them a band aid solution.

Plus., Mr.Chen's number one goal is to hold on to enterprise accounts. He has to give them something that workers can be proud to own. A high end device is the only way he can show that he is serious.

I've said it before, but I very much doubt Mr. Chen will be releasing a device that looks dated. In fact, I bet the track pad may have improvements that we didn't even know was possible. I think many will be surprised at the final result.

I could be wrong of course. If I am, I and any one else can simply chose a different model. At least the record number of complaints towards the Q10's will be answered.