Is it possible to set up a night-time mode and configure it so that it doesn�t use my data plan say, between the hours of midnight-7am, and then switch back on automatically at 7am?

This is so I can receive emergency calls if necessary, I just want it to act like a normal phone through the night, and then be a proper Blackberry during the waking hours!
    05-12-15 01:55 PM
    No. The only bedside mode option is to disable radio (calls and data).
    Otherwise, you will have to disable and enable data services in network options.
    05-12-15 03:04 PM
    Sorry, I was thinking about the BB9900. Please ignore this (I tried to delete my post but can't).
    05-12-15 03:08 PM
    No, scheduled on and off was a BBOS7 feature and within the bedside mode of BB10 you can only choose between calls only (data traffic will occur), radios off (no data traffic, no calls) or of course the standard bedside mode settings (radios on, all notifications off).

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 04:28 PM
    Ah, ok. Thanks for your replies. I'm a new Blackberry user (just over a week now), and keen to learn all the interesting things it can potentially do. Just configuring hotkeys for appropriate apps, and love the search feature... its so handy.

On a side note, I was shocked when I first got this phone at what I thought was abysmal battery life. Of course it was because every security feature was on by default, and once I'd switched those off the battery more resembled your everyday smartphone. I expected a lot more life from it, considering the size of the screen. I barely get a day, and that's with all extra security off, apps closed, screen on 35% brightness and very minimal usage i.e. no videos, no music, a few minutes of Internet, but a few hour of hotspotting so other devices can piggyback its data.

I haven't worked out where to adjust the push settings. I get the impression the Blackberry is pinging my three separate e-mail accounts, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter (x2) and whatever else more than a few times an hour.

I'd prefer it to just check them once an hour. Is that a setting I can adjust?
    05-12-15 04:54 PM