Hello everyone! I bought a classic about one and half month ago, I do love this phone so much! but the thing is the "return button" and "space button" are sort of creaky :/ and it's really annoying and I feel uncomfortable while I'm typing...does anyone has the same issue?please I need your advise. Best wishes !
    11-30-15 09:39 AM
    if its not doing it for you send it back to blackberry for warranty mine makes no noises
    11-30-15 11:15 AM
    No sounds from mine besides the loud clicking

"Once you go Black you'll never go back"
    11-30-15 11:44 AM
    Well I bought it from Azerbaijan but I'm in London at the moment so I bought it from reseller,we don't have an official blackberry and I'm not sure that they will change it...its so really annoying...
    11-30-15 12:32 PM
    Mine squeaks, but it doesn't really bother me. Doesn't do it all of the time. Had my Classic since April. I can't remember when it started squeaking though. Haha. I can see that it might bother others though so if it's problematic for you, return it and get another one.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    11-30-15 06:43 PM
    I had 2 blue classics that had creaky issues - the first one was the end key and the current one, it's the spacebar.

It isn't that it creaks, it's that it creaks and also feels like there's something wrong with the key like it's loose or about to fall off or something.

Poor execution as usual on BlackBerry's part.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    11-30-15 08:00 PM
    Well I bought it from Azerbaijan but I'm in London at the moment so I bought it from reseller,we don't have an official blackberry and I'm not sure that they will change it...its so really annoying...

If exchanging it isn't an option, maybe there are some lubricants that are safe for electronics?

Or maybe push that squeaky button a hundred times and wear down the part of the key that is rubbing.

I know these aren't ideal solutions. But maybe it will get ideas rolling.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 08:18 PM
    Yes, my return button has been creaky since very early on(about six months). It is annoying and I find that I avoid the return button.

So far, no greater problems.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 09:11 PM
    I had 2 blue classics that had creaky issues - the first one was the end key and the current one, it's the spacebar.

It isn't that it creaks, it's that it creaks and also feels like there's something wrong with the key like it's loose or about to fall off or something.

Poor execution as usual on BlackBerry's part.

I just got a blue Classic 2days ago and yesterday the space bar started the squeaky and everything just like you described. I stopped sending messages last night because I felt like it was going to pop off or something. Going to send it back and get a new one. Sure hoping it doesn't have that problem also.
    evodevo69 likes this.
    12-02-15 08:50 PM
    I just got a blue Classic 2days ago and yesterday the space bar started the squeaky and everything just like you described. I stopped sending messages last night because I felt like it was going to pop off or something. Going to send it back and get a new one. Sure hoping it doesn't have that problem also.
    Too bad because when it works perfectly, it truly is BlackBerry's finest keyboard ever made.

Maybe even their last if the Priv is any indication.

12-02-15 09:55 PM
    The Priv keyboard Sucks compared to the Classics. I thought I read the warranty is covered regardless so I'd contact Blackberry, dispute the charge with your bank, or buy ear buds to drown out the creaky sound.

J Be....Here But Gone...
    12-02-15 11:18 PM
    Just picked up the Blue Classic myself (Gorgeous device) mine does not have any adverse sounds. Just the click of the amazing keyboard. So far really enjoying this device and form factor.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    12-05-15 01:09 AM
    I know what you mean actually. Every so often my space bar clicks weirdly. When I press it harder it goes back to normal
    12-05-15 01:21 AM
    My end call button sinks in a little deeper and doesn't make a clicky sound like other buttons. I notice this at the start of my purchase back in January but i don't really mind at all so long as it works. Just that it takes a little effort to really end the call by pushing it more.

Posted via  Clicky Classic 
    12-05-15 05:23 AM
    My end call button sinks in a little deeper and doesn't make a clicky sound like other buttons. I notice this at the start of my purchase back in January but i don't really mind at all so long as it works. Just that it takes a little effort to really end the call by pushing it more.

Posted via  Clicky Classic 
    Opposite with me. My end call button make a creaky sound. Reading the comments I realize that creaky buttons is a common problem with all BlackBerry Classic phones.

Posted via Classic
    12-05-15 05:42 AM
    Opposite with me. My end call button make a creaky sound. Reading the comments I realize that creaky buttons is a common problem with all BlackBerry Classic phones.

Posted via Classic
    ...and it's predecessors.
    stress85 likes this.
    12-05-15 06:20 PM
    ...and it's predecessors.
    Such as, I've had 5 Q10's and none of them had creaky buttons.

3 9900 and none had this issue either

12-05-15 08:01 PM
    Such as, I've had 5 Q10's and none of them had creaky buttons.

3 9900 and none had this issue either

The Q10 didn't have a toolbelt so that's irrelevant. It did have the horrendous double typing debacle but that's a different QC issue. Took me about 6 returns to get 10 good 9900s for the office. Similar for the 9700 but not quite as bad.
    12-06-15 12:59 AM
    The Q10 didn't have a toolbelt so that's irrelevant. It did have the horrendous double typing debacle but that's a different QC issue. Took me about 6 returns to get 10 good 9900s for the office. Similar for the 9700 but not quite as bad.
    Same here. My bold 9780 and Q10 had double typing issue.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 03:25 AM
    Same here. My bold 9780 and Q10 had double typing issue.

Posted via CB10
    My bold touch had double typing issues with placing periods in between every word. I used to watch it happen in front of my eyes and say wtf.

"Once you go Black you'll never go back"
    12-06-15 10:28 AM