Hey all,

To my dismay, my blackberry and back key begun feeling a bit loose and wobbly. They creak a bit too. Any solutions on how to fix it or do I just do a return with Shop BB?

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 06:28 PM
    Same thing was happening with just my back key a couple days ago, but it's not a deal breaker for me. As of right now it's not squeaking anymore. I think it may have just needed some time to settle in. I could be wrong tho.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 07:20 PM
    Wonderful.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 02:42 PM
    Inb4 the hordes of people saying it's normal and you shouldn't care.
    dannykavs likes this.
    12-27-14 02:44 PM
    Tape dime to the back of the battery cover, should make everything click much nicer.

So Classic, So BBOS... lol

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 02:47 PM
    So I requested a replacement device from BlackBerry as I was within the 30 day window.

Finally got the replacement today. The keys are even worse than mine....

Just updating...If anyone else has this issue, feel free to chime in.

I thought this crap from the 9900 days would've been over with by now. Hopefully it's just a slight string of bad luck for me.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 05:59 PM
    I have to ask, which back "key"? Are you talking about the backspace key on the keyboard or on the toolbelt? If on the toolbelt, isn't it all one piece? How can just the back part of it be loose and not the rest? I'm confused...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-07-15 06:01 PM
    On the tool belt. I'm not quite sure how. When you depress that and the end call it creaks very loud and that particular area has significantly more play then the dial/answer key.

Could be an issue with spacing from assembly, adhesive used to secure it. Not too sure.

It's extremely annoying though.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 06:13 PM
    slagman I was thinking it was the backspace button originally. I was messing around with my classic today and indeed when I ran my finger over top of the the toolbelt back button it goes down slightly and pops. It almost seems like there is space between the overlay and the toolbelt.
    01-07-15 06:22 PM
    On the tool belt. I'm not quite sure how. When you depress that and the end call it creaks very loud and that particular area has significantly more play then the dial/answer key.

Could be an issue with spacing from assembly, adhesive used to secure it. Not too sure.

It's extremely annoying though.

Posted via CB10
    Oh ok, that sucks. Mine is pretty much perfect in every way. Hopefully you get it replaced, it's a nice phone.

01-07-15 06:28 PM
    slagman I was thinking it was the backspace button originally. I was messing around with my classic today and indeed when I ran my finger over top of the the toolbelt back button it goes down slightly and pops. It almost seems like there is space between the overlay and the toolbelt.
    That sucks, mine feels pretty solid. So I guess I got lucky.

01-07-15 06:29 PM
    That sucks, mine feels pretty solid. So I guess I got lucky.

Try this..ush on belt from end key and slide your finger toward the center, you'll feel an air gap

Z 30
    01-07-15 07:08 PM
    Oh ok, that sucks. Mine is pretty much perfect in every way. Hopefully you get it replaced, it's a nice phone.

Yea, just sucks my replacement is worse.

Waiting on BlackBerry now for a resolution.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 08:12 PM
    Try this..ush on belt from end key and slide your finger toward the center, you'll feel an air gap

Z 30
    Why would I ever even do that? And no, don't feel a thing...
    01-07-15 08:33 PM
    Why would I ever even do that? And no, don't feel a thing...
    Because I think that what he is talking

Z 30
    01-07-15 09:50 PM
    And I feel it on mine.

Z 30
    01-07-15 09:51 PM
    That is exactly it.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 10:13 PM
    Z 30

.Lol missed my shot. Too tired, don't know how to explain .

If the belt had separate buttons we would not feel that. I don't think it is something to worry about.
    Last edited by Alain_A; 01-07-15 at 10:38 PM.
    01-07-15 10:26 PM
    Because I think that what he is talking

Z 30
    But the point of my question is, why would you ever do that anyway? Unless I'm misunderstanding you, there's pretty much absolutely no real-world situation where you would actually ever do that with the phone. Again, maybe I'm misunderstanding you... But I didn't feel anything with mine doing that anyway.

01-07-15 10:51 PM
    I think, if someone type so fast or not very accurate and press between the 2 keys of the belt, which is plastic, might have a click sounds to it. That is what I think is happening here. If course in normal situation I don't feel or hear it. Actually I don't hear a thing just feel when press too hard on it. I did the test just for knowledge. It could be possible that some device might be looser than other.

Z 30
    01-07-15 11:09 PM
    Mine is the same as well for those 2 keys. If I just lightly touch them they creak like mad!!! Not a major issue for me considering how good the keyboard is!!

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 12:05 AM
    With mine the end-key was creaking when I first got it. As I like new, and expensive, things to be just perfect when I buy them I was really annoyed about this. I can understand the OP....

Luckily in my case the creaking stopped after some time...and now I actually do not notice it any more.

So I hope for the OP that may be it will go away...

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 12:37 PM
    My BB and space key is creaky. Hmmm....

First there was the double-gate for the Q10 now the creaky-gate for Classic.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    01-08-15 01:38 PM
    Just to clarify...I'm not pressing two buttons quickly. I don't even have to press the button for the thing to creak like I need to spray a can of WD-40 on the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 06:11 PM
    Oh maybe a defect

Z 30
    01-08-15 07:01 PM
31 12