I have had my battery shut my phone down at 30 and 60 percent. I ran autoloader and plugged it in to bb link and reloaded that OS. Wiped the device 3 times. Then found an app in bb world battery fiction lite and used it to optimise my battery. My battery is now drain to 0 percent. Putting sim card back in tomorrow. Has anyone ever had an issue like this. Haha
    10-22-18 11:21 PM
    My battery started draining fast at 2 years old. I always let my battery get just below the warning before plugging it in. Always let it fully charge. Then it would drain in 4hrs with very little use. Bought a new BB Battery. Genuine. And put it in. I did the cycle charge they recommend when new, but after that the phone would shut itself off at any time below ~ 22%. Usually when I'm using it. Sent battery back and they found no issue. When I returned the battery I put my old battery back in... charged it.. and now the old one is fine! The old one holds a charge now and I can use it for days.. but, once it gets down to 9 or 12%.. it just shuts down. Hit the power button... wait.. then it looks like it starting, but it shows a pixelated Battery Symbol, and then shuts off. Then I charge it. Before the battery started acting up, I could use it to 8% and then shut it down myself... but now, it just shuts down. The Blackberry rep has sent me back the battery.. but I'm not sure if I will change it out again. Hmmmm…..
    Haven't installed a battery app. I don't have apps installed... so nothing is running??

Maybe pulling the battery out changes the physical/chemical boundaries?
    11-13-18 07:32 PM
    Maybe pulling the battery out changes the physical/chemical boundaries?[/QUOTE]

I had this issue about 6 months ago, and popped the back cover off... pulled the battery connector... waited 15 minutes... plugged it back in... and rebooted.

All has been fine since. I read somewhere else that it needs to charge with the OEM charger. I was charging it with an old "playbook charger". So, I switched to the little BlackBerry "cube" that only puts out a max of 850ma. I think that's what was causing my problem, as it works great now.
    11-21-18 09:17 AM
    I disconnected the battery for a while and reconnected. Working great again. Thank you

Posted via CB10
    11-27-18 05:35 PM
    I've never replace my batterry since I purchase my classic way back 2014. One day of use is enough whole day data or wifi is On..amazing phone!!

Sent from my Secure BlackBerry Classic
    11-28-18 04:47 AM
    I've never replace my batterry since I purchase my classic way back 2014. One day of use is enough whole day data or wifi is On..amazing phone!!

Sent from my Secure BlackBerry Classic
    I had a Classic earlier this year and couldn't even get a full day out of it, and it only had like 62 charge cycles which is about two months of use.
    I don't know how some of you do it but I find the battery life of that phone to be extremely poor, considering its size and the size of display it has to power.

It's pretty pathetic that the iPhone 8 with a 4.7" display powered by a measly 1820mAh cell can easily outlast a Classic with its 3.5" display and a 2500mAh cell.

And then people praise BB10 for being "so efficient" ... yeah right...
    11-28-18 05:38 AM
    and it only had like 62 charge cycles which is about two months of use.
    You cannot always trust apps that show number of charge cycles. I have an app (Battery Fiction Pro) that now shows 143 cycles on my 4+ year old Passport. This is totally incorrect as I know that my count is now well over 800 cycles. This battery, by the way, is still fantastic as it gets me through the day with still 35-40% to spare. Was your Classic new when bought or second-hand? Maybe you were running brutal social media apps all the time consuming lots of battery. I always try to limit my device to no more than 15 android apps and have never had any problems in 4 years of use. There are just so many factors involved and to generalize about "poor battery life" is just not right for everyone. You seem to rag on the battery life every chance you get on these threads. Not always the case.
    11-28-18 11:13 AM
    You cannot always trust apps that show number of charge cycles. I have an app (Battery Fiction Pro) that now shows 143 cycles on my 4+ year old Passport. This is totally incorrect as I know that my count is now well over 800 cycles. This battery, by the way, is still fantastic as it gets me through the day with still 35-40% to spare. Was your Classic new when bought or second-hand? Maybe you were running brutal social media apps all the time consuming lots of battery. I always try to limit my device to no more than 15 android apps and have never had any problems in 4 years of use. There are just so many factors involved and to generalize about "poor battery life" is just not right for everyone. You seem to rag on the battery life every chance you get on these threads. Not always the case.
    Alright I'll admit all the Classics I had weren't brand new so technically I couldn't know how many cycles they had.
    I just don't feel BB10 is too optimized as an OS.
    The "System" drain in the stats was usually fairly quick to catch up to the "Screen" drain. And we all know that with regular use, the "screen" drain is supposed to be at the top.

I just feel like a phone with the display size of the Classic and a 2500mAh should do a bit better.

However I'm sure those that are running only native apps would get much better results than if the phone is full of apk's.
    11-28-18 11:29 AM
    I just don't feel BB10 is too optimized as an OS
    Respectfully, I disagree. Looking at my Passport right now, System is running at 4% and my Display is above at 6%. Again these things are dependent on individual use. If you are using tons of android apps, System use is going to be high. I always make sure that any android apps I have on the device have "Run when Minimized" disabled under Permission Details which, I believe, does help with system resources. As a matter of fact having "Run when Minimized" disabled for ALL apps including native is probably a good idea.

The Passport is more powerful than the Classic and for anyone running more than 10-12 android apps (especially power hungry android apps with constant notifications etc), I think you can EXPECT poorer battery life. If you need/want this function then maybe a different device is better for you, either android or iOS.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-28-18 11:43 AM