I've had my Classic for about two weeks, and absolutely love it except for an occasionally crackling sound when I use the keyboard.

It started right out of the box with the left shift key, but now also with the toolbelt back key. It sounds like it's been spilled sticky liquid under the keys. It only occurs occasionally. I couldn't care less about light bleed, but this sound is really annoying.

Has anyone experienced this?

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 09:45 AM
    Me too.

Posted by sexy Classic
    01-28-15 10:11 AM
    Yeah me, too. This is my second Classic. Did the same on both. A lot of my previous BB's did this as well. I think it's just what you get from physical keys sometimes.

Did my warranty exchange the first time because the power button would get stuck... This one came and the power button works flawlessly, but still has the creaky sound with the tool belt... Oh well. Makes me glad I am back! haha
    01-28-15 03:11 PM
    Likewise. On my second Classic for the back key. Definitely not as bad as the first. The whole warranty exchange process is a joke. Don't know what to do.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 06:05 PM
    So I guess exchanging the phone is a high risk decision and a game of chance of actually receiving a flawless device... In my case, I have to send the phone out of the country since Blackberry is non existence where I live.

But again, my problems could be worse than a crackling cell phone sound, so I guess I'll live with it. It's still a superb device and I don't miss Android or iOS for a second.

Thanks for the reply, folks :-)

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 01:25 AM