08-19-16 03:02 PM
33 12
tools
    ...I think I done a thread around this last year or so

Since then BlackBerry have discontinued the device, and Facebook/Whatsapp dropping Native support

...would you still rock yours in the same lifespan as people who still use their Bold 9900s???

Posted via CB10
    08-15-16 04:51 PM
    I could see that but I know it's not going to happen I'm already trying to get a Priv

Posted via CB10
    08-15-16 06:52 PM
    No. I do love my BlackBerry Classic but when I look at the S7's screen brightness and clarity, I want my next phone to have higher specs than the Classic.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    08-15-16 07:01 PM
    Yes absolutely!
    08-15-16 07:06 PM
    I barely keep the same phone 3 to 5 weeks.

Posted via CB10
    bruce73 likes this.
    08-15-16 07:32 PM
    3-5 years? That's a pretty insane question for even the latest phone with the latest specs...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-15-16 08:13 PM
    Nope. It's nice but heavy. Ha!
    08-15-16 09:07 PM
    YES I absolutely can IF this is the last of this form-factor and sexified PKB we have... I will preserve it for calls, texts and emails as long as possible...

Posted via CB10
    gerson008 and acovey like this.
    08-15-16 09:33 PM
    Only if they don't have a Classic 2!

Posted via CB10
    08-15-16 10:22 PM
    If everything still works close to how it does today and the battery is still good, then yes.

Posted via CB10
    gerson008 and acovey like this.
    08-16-16 01:42 AM
    3-5 years? That's a pretty insane question for even the latest phone with the latest specs...

Haha that's true! But my point being that even when the Bold's were being phased out, people to this very day are still using them - most likely with a iPhone/Samsung etc - will the Classic still have that level of longevity?

Posted via White BlackBerry Classic / Follow Me @OMGitsRLR
    08-16-16 03:38 AM
    Haha that's true! But my point being that even when the Bold's were being phased out, people to this very day are still using them - most likely with a iPhone/Samsung etc - will the Classic still have that level of longevity?

People held onto their bolds/curves because those phones were famous at that time,now no one knows about bb10,classic,its been discontinued etc. Classic is a gorgeous phone,an absolute beauty,too bad it didn't attracted former blackberry users but I really hope that upcoming Rome would be a beast and hopefully attracts some iphone samsung users,,till then my classic would be one n a half year old and I'm gonna get it[rome] as soon as it hit the markets.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-16 09:21 AM

I guess, but somehow I don't see the Classic having that kind of grip on people like the old BB devices did. I will keep using my Classic up until the end of 2017, if by then they don't announce new BB10 devices, or if they officially announce BB10 is dead before then (so whichever comes first), I will get an Android, hopefully BB would have released a non-slider Android with a pkb.

08-16-16 10:47 AM
    And to add to that, especially given how Samsung, Google, and Apple has convinced the masses through social media to ridicule anyone with BlackBerry phones pretty much guarantees that most people will give up their Classics once there's enough of a gap between the Classic's capabilities and those of the "cool" phones...

08-16-16 10:52 AM
    The runtime is dated and there will be no fixes for that...

During this BB10 run I have purchased the following phones:
    1 Q10 for me (after the TMO-BB battle traded in my curve for it)

2 Z10 for my 2 kids (For $200 each from BB during the TMO squabble)

1 Z30 (Verizon) for my Girlfriend who's Moto RAZR was crapping out. Purchased on Amazon for $530 or so.

1 Z10 for myself purchased from living social for $200

1 Classic replacing my Q10 back in January via Amazon for $326.

We love BB10 but it's usability is dwindling. I don't see myself using my classic for 3-5 days never mind 3-5 years cause the kiddos got DTEK50's last week and the Misses and I have the $500 PRIV's arriving tomorrow. (The Misses wants wifi calling at work so she is switching to my TMO account)

I couldn't hold my kids back any longer with the Z10's with one entering college and the other enrolled in a tech high school for aviation technology. They need the switch more than I...

I love my classic but it's time to move on...

(I also love my cheap orange Amazon fire tablet that I typed this up on as well - it's not pretentious)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-16-16 11:41 AM
    Yes, I believe I could. I bought a Classic a few years ago then switched to a Samsung and I hated it, so I bought another Classic. I do not see myself using another device unless I win the new DTEK 50 and really like it.
    slagman5 likes this.
    08-16-16 02:19 PM
    No, I can see myself with a Q10 though.

But bb10 is going to become pretty useless soon once it goes EOL sadly.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    08-16-16 03:12 PM
    I can see a few more years with my Classic as long as the apps I continue to use here in Canada hold up.

I use CTV News, The Score Sports, BMO, TSN and Bloomberg and a few others.

I have no issue holding on for dear life but if the app supports start to fade quickly it might be hard.

5 years is a long time and although technically it will probably work, getting access to parts, service and apps etc will be harder and harder to come by.

A recent look at the 9900 thread where many people switched over, things have died down a bit in terms of activity.

For the vast majority of users I don't think it will work but there will always be a few hardcore diehards.

Just my $.02

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    08-16-16 08:51 PM
    ...I think I done a thread around this last year or so

Since then BlackBerry have discontinued the device, and Facebook/Whatsapp dropping Native support

...would you still rock yours in the same lifespan as people who still use their Bold 9900s???

Posted via CB10
    What da ya mean 'still rock their Bold 9900s' - I've only had my Classic for 3 weeks because I've spent the last 6 years using my 9700 on its original battery! And I've just bought a new battery for it (here in Aus) and so it's my backup phone, and my alarm clock etc! (Passkeeper and everything else works )
    acovey likes this.
    08-17-16 02:35 AM
    Yes,i will be. I had the Curve till the Classic came out. This is only my 2nd phone and I love BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    08-17-16 04:12 PM
    I keep my phones until they die, so if it is still working the way I use it, sure I will still have it. This is by far the nicest device I have had/seen. It keeps me organized, and there are no gimmicks like the Spydroids and iCrap devices.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    08-17-16 05:21 PM
    Hmmmm...I'm on the "should I shouldn't I? " fence between the Classic and the Priv. Every time I go past the Vodafone store (the only place I've seen a Priv on show) I have a play with it and marvel at that big screen...trouble is, you can't really try out the keyboard properly as it's fastened down and you can't hold it properly. But I can get enough idea (I think) to tell me the pkb is not as good as the classic. I've had the classic nearly a year and a half, so would cost me to upgrade before the 2 years are up. But the Classic seems quite slow compared to the Priv...I still love it though!!

Posted via CB10
    08-18-16 11:45 AM
    I see myself still using one. I imagine an android version is in the works

Posted via CB10
    08-18-16 03:08 PM
    For sure ill use it till the end of the year, then I will take a look at the what's app situation. If the android version works and it's good enough.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-16 07:14 PM
    Definitely not, I can see myself still owning my Passport SE tho, but maybe as a backup phone

Posted via Passport SE
    08-18-16 07:19 PM
33 12