I'm really looking forward to having a keyboard again, but I know the clicking as I'm typing late at night, is going to drive my wife nuts. I'm wondering if it would be possible, natively or with a 3rd party app, to be able to type on the keyboard without actually pressing the buttons. Since it has the capacitive keyboard, couldn't the letters be mapped out, to accomplish this?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 01:01 AM
    Is this meant to be in the Passport forum? Also, pretty sure the answer is "no".

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 01:22 AM
    I think you might confuse passport keyboard with classic keyboard, and passport touch keyboard with capacitive keyboard.
    Blackberry classic almost certain doesn't have passport touch keyboard which is not capacitive and touchable function works through 3 metal lines between keys.
    I would say your best shot is canopy releases blackberry senses case, although it's extremely unlikely.
    I could be wrong though. lol
    12-03-14 01:35 AM
    I'm really looking forward to having a keyboard again, but I know the clicking as I'm typing late at night, is going to drive my wife nuts. I'm wondering if it would be possible, natively or with a 3rd party app, to be able to type on the keyboard without actually pressing the buttons. Since it has the capacitive keyboard, couldn't the letters be mapped out, to accomplish this?

Posted via CB10
    Then what's the difference between that and getting a full touch? You're basically losing the screen size for nothing. The ability to feel the click, rest your fingers on the keyboard without typing anything, and other qualities of the keyboard is the whole point of having it...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    12-03-14 01:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    My understanding is that the classic WILL not have a capacitive touch!

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 10:46 AM
    Check out Silent Keys in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59945495

Posted via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    12-13-14 11:49 AM