Hi, I had a Samsung S3 Mini, so I didn't think a phone could get worse, and I really miss buttons - I've never been able to type as fast or as confidently as I could on the old old T9 phones but in this day and age you need a phone to be fairly "smart."
    Unfortunately the Classic is not as good as I wanted it to be. I'm not a businessman, I'm not going to "dual wield" or have a "daily driver," because those phrases and concepts are silly. The phone just doesn't do some basic things that I took for granted on my previous, supposedly quite ****ty S3 Mini. I'm hoping it's just a case of changing some settings or knowing some shortcuts, so here's some of the issues:
    How do I screen shot? And then quickly and easily share to WhatsApp?
    How do I quickly switch between vibrate/silent/normal notification mode and change the screen brightness? (On my old phone you could drag down from the top to get all settings, whatever app you were in at the time, which it seems you can't do in browser)
    Facebook app doesn't show replies to comments and Facebook memories notifications open in the browser and this is infuriating.
    Can I have a lock screen like on android phones?
    The keyboard seems to have a mind of its own (it just corrected "it" to "I" and "be" to "do" but didn't correct a misspelled word (it also just suggested "misspelled" and immediately red underlined it! Don't suggest incorrectly spelled words!))
    I can't think of anything else right now, except how do I do these famous keyboard shortcuts? The ability to instantly Google things by typing from the home screen (I guess this is blackberry assistant) is pretty cool. Sorry for the rant, just want a phone with buttons that looks this cool to actually be really good : /
    06-11-16 12:41 PM
    Hi, I had a Samsung S3 Mini, so I didn't think a phone could get worse, and I really miss buttons - I've never been able to type as fast or as confidently as I could on the old old T9 phones but in this day and age you need a phone to be fairly "smart."
    Unfortunately the Classic is not as good as I wanted it to be. I'm not a businessman, I'm not going to "dual wield" or have a "daily driver," because those phrases and concepts are silly. The phone just doesn't do some basic things that I took for granted on my previous, supposedly quite ****ty S3 Mini. I'm hoping it's just a case of changing some settings or knowing some shortcuts, so here's some of the issues:
    How do I quickly switch between vibrate/silent/normal notification mode and change the screen brightness? (On my old phone you could drag down from the top to get all settings, whatever app you were in at the time, which it seems you can't do in browser)
    Facebook app doesn't show replies to comments and Facebook memories notifications open in the browser and this is infuriating.
    The keyboard seems to have a mind of its own (it just corrected "it" to "I" and "be" to "do" but didn't correct a misspelled word (it also just suggested "misspelled" and immediately red underlined it! Don't suggest incorrectly spelled words!))
    I can't think of anything else right now, except how do I do these famous keyboard shortcuts? The ability to instantly Google things by typing from the home screen (I guess this is blackberry assistant) is pretty cool. Sorry for the rant, just want a phone with buttons that looks this cool to actually be really good : /
    Press both volume keys together to take a screenshot
    Open the WhatsApp chat, select attach picture and select the screenshot.
    You could set a keyboard shortcut to toggle notifications or do it from the quick settings menu (single swipe from top from home screen and swipe with two fingers from top from anywhere else in the OS)
    You can adjust brightness from the quick settings menu (same way - one finger and two finger swipe from top) what you might have missed is that there is a little button in the quick settings menu against options like brightness, wifi, Bluetooth, profiles etc
    Hope this picture will show you the button (see the button of sorts right where the option starts, hit them to toggle the brightness from the quick settings menu itself)
    Can't help you with facebook sorry.
    What do you mean by lock screen like android? Do you mean pattern lock? I'll suggest you try something better - Picture password!
    Hope this helps
    Convince me to keep my BlackBerry Classic-img_20160611_232018.png

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2639
    06-11-16 12:53 PM
    The things you just listed are things you can do simpler and faster on BlackBerry than your S3 except for the stuff about Facebook.

You just don't know how to use the OS loll.

As per the other poster re: brightness adjustment.

Notifications same thing, you can set it to toggle on the quick settings.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    06-11-16 01:45 PM
    If you're already at the home screen, a faster way to open the quick settings is to hit the  key.

Also, if you go to settings -> quick settings, you can adjust that toolbar to suit your needs.

To see all your shortcuts then go to settings -> shortcuts and speed dial.
    Now assign things as you need.
    To invoke a command, long press the key from the home screen. And to quickly get to the home screen, push the End key.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 01:47 PM
    You actually need an iPhone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-11-16 01:47 PM
    If you still need help with the phone after you go through this thread, then I can add you on BBM.
    I'll screenshare and walk you through how to do things. Once you're shown, everything will get faster than your old phone could ever be.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 01:53 PM
    Wow thank you guys so much. Let's give these tips a try and see, I really want to keep this phone!
    06-11-16 02:07 PM
    First of all I would say you should read the manual. Some of the things you've asked are basic stuff.
    There's a app in Blackberry World that allows you to share to Whats App and other places straight from the screen shot
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/52438888

Posted via CB10 on my Classic
    06-11-16 05:04 PM
    First of all I would say you should read the manual. Some of the things you've asked are basic stuff.
    There's a app in Blackberry World that allows you to share to Whats App and other places straight from the screen shot
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/52438888

You don't need an app to share a screen shot on whatsapp.

06-11-16 06:25 PM
    You don't need an app to share a screen shot on whatsapp.

I know you don't need to but he asked what's the quickest way and with the native screen shoot all you and do is take a screen shot at the screen. You can share it from there. You have to go to photos. That app brings up a pop up when you take a screen shot which allows you to share it right away without having to leave where you are on the screen.

06-11-16 08:59 PM
    I'm on my 2nd classic. I have a droid turbo 2 that I made the switch from. Takes time to get used to that's for sure.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-16 05:11 PM
    As a BlackBerry user, you are more than likely to "dual wield" or use a phone as your "daily driver". It doesn't have all the apps that everyone wants so a lot of people use an old phone or tablet to compensate for the apps.

A lot of the things you want are actually pretty easy and if those are your only complaints about the OS than I am confident you will like the Classic.

Since you mentioned WhatsApp, the support for BlackBerry will end at the end of the year. Quite frankly, no one one knows whether that means the native BlackBerry App will stop working altogether, or if the app will continue to be able to be used but not updated. Either way, I'm just passing along the information.

Enjoy your Classic and BB10.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    06-13-16 08:50 PM