03-17-15 01:20 PM
37 12
tools
    OK, I thought this was a thing of the past? New classic and it's driving me crazy. I added a contact to the phone yesterday. I use outlook.com to store the contacts. I checked only outlook.com to sync to when I created the contact. I created the contact. Then checked outlook.com to make sure the contact synced ok. Then I went back in and added a picture to the contact. As soon as I said done, the contact closed and another appeared. Now I have two (duplicate) contacts on the phone. Never does show two contacts on outlook.com.

I though maybe it was still saving to the sim, so i deleted the contacts and restarted the phone after removing the sim card. Checked outlook.com and contact is gone. Now, no sim. I again added the contact and choose only outlook.com to save the contact. Checked outlook.com and contact is there. Went in and edited the contact and added a picture. As soon as I hit done and the contact closed, two contacts (duplicates). I even went in and added something to one of the duplicate contacts on the phone and the edit only appears in one of the duplicate contact on the phone.

What the heck is going on with BB? I thought this was corrected a while back with their contacts app? This really is unacceptable. Any suggestions?
    02-10-15 02:01 PM
    I had the same problem and just deleted Outlook.com and restored it. Seems to be working.
    02-10-15 02:04 PM
    Nope. Same exact problem. I removed the account just now. Restarted phone. Added account back in and contacts synced. I added the contact again. Saved. Checked. One contact on outlook.com. Went in and edited and added a picture on the phone. Now I have duplicate contacts on the phone again (with no sim in it) and one contact on outlook.com. Same scenario as above.
    02-10-15 02:21 PM
    I have never believed in this App until I tried it myself!
    InTouchApp
    Free to use 4 times... 1 time was sufficient!!
    It got rid of my duplicates!

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675; Germany.
    02-10-15 02:33 PM
    I had the same problem with Gmail contacts. It is because contact were duplicated when I had Android phone. Had to go back and delete contacts from one of the accounts

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 02:59 PM
    Here's another. I now have two contacts on my phone of the same person and one on outlook.com. I edited the contact on outlook.com. On the phone, only one contact showed the new edits. So, I delete the other one that shows no new edits. Well, it deletes the contact totally off outlook.com, even though that contact didn't show any edits and the contact is now completely gone from the phone.

This is beyond bad. I don't know what BB has been doing to the contacts app, but it's not been fixing it. This is one of those show stopper issues. I've tried everything short of a restore and I'm not willing to go that route to try and work around a BB shortcoming. Just how long will it take them to fix this contact issue? It took a while before they added a option to stop auto linking. Why auto link anyway? Seems they band aided it. Now this. I can deal with a lot on phones for the most part, but don't mess up the basic PHONE function. Unbelievable. Enterprise? Really?
    02-10-15 05:17 PM
    Here's another. I now have two contacts on my phone of the same person and one on outlook.com. I edited the contact on outlook.com. On the phone, only one contact showed the new edits. So, I delete the other one that shows no new edits. Well, it deletes the contact totally off outlook.com, even though that contact didn't show any edits and the contact is now completely gone from the phone.

This is beyond bad. I don't know what BB has been doing to the contacts app, but it's not been fixing it. This is one of those show stopper issues. I've tried everything short of a restore and I'm not willing to go that route to try and work around a BB shortcoming. Just how long will it take them to fix this contact issue? It took a while before they added a option to stop auto linking. Why auto link anyway? Seems they band aided it. Now this. I can deal with a lot on phones for the most part, but don't mess up the basic PHONE function. Unbelievable. Enterprise? Really?
    Blackberry has previewed the "link" button in the contact-section of the phone (the icon with the image of two elements of a chain) to "merge" the contacts together instead of deleting as you did... but it doesn't work flawlessly and the "user error" margin is too high in this. Some of the users connected coworkers together with this procedure, as well as family members and said the phone messed up the contacts... better is this:
    In the contact app settings, let only your outlook contacts (or any source, but I meant only one) be shown.

Contacts doubling-img_20150211_061415_edit.png

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675; Germany.
    02-10-15 11:15 PM
    I also have the duplicate contact issue on my Classic, if I set the device from scratch and add my single Gmail account, I get duplication of my contacts. If I restore from a previous backup from my passport, the contacts are fine?

I have checked all my contacts on my Gmail desktop and no duplication exist, this a an issue that should not be going on this late in OS10???

I would have thought that this would have been a high priority on the bug fix list? But, I guess no one up there in Waterloo pays attention to these forums.

Sent from my lovely Classic on T Mobile USA
    02-11-15 04:06 AM
    Just thought I'd post an update. I've tried doing a little testing and it seems this is an active sync issue. I've added my iCloud account using map and cardev and I don't see the doubling issue. With active sync, I still have it. Really wish BB would fix this as it's fairly major.
    02-18-15 06:33 PM
    Hate to reply to my own posts but jus realized baron, you are using gmail and having this issue? They use card and cal dev don't they and you said you have this issue with them? If so, maybe that blows my theory out of the water. I do not see this issue with iCloud though. Couldn't make it happen.
    02-18-15 06:35 PM
    I have the same exact problem with my Passport. I started using outlook.com long time ago, it seemed to sync better than gmail... but now this is driving me crazy.
    I've also noticed, that if I create a contact on my outlook on my pc, it syncs to the phone just fine. The duplicated contact appears only if created on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 12:29 PM
    Been having this issues from the start, still around and happens again every new phone.
    02-24-15 01:15 PM
    Coming from Android is the main cause of the duplication. I had the duplicate contact problem with my Yahoo mail and it was a pain in the arse to fix but I did it all manually. It was time to clean out my contacts anyways.

I had the same problem with Gmail contacts. It is because contact were duplicated when I had Android phone. Had to go back and delete contacts from one of the accounts

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 03:40 PM
    Here's what I would do to fix the duplicate. First backup all your contact as a .csv file. Second delete all your contacts from Outlook, Gmail, Samsung Account, LinkIn, Viber, Facebook or any other account that have contact back up services. Lastly restore the csv file for the account you want to sync the contact with only. Android really messes up your contacts. I've seen some of my friends having more then 6 duplicate contacts and all they can do is sit for hours manually deleting the duplicates.
    02-24-15 03:58 PM
    Can't get anywhere with duplicate contact removal ever since I made the mistake of upgrading to 10.3 I swore I would never upgrade again...
    02-27-15 03:37 PM
    All my contacts are on outlook.com. Never had an issue with them with several other phones. The most basic function of a communication device is contact management. And if I edit a contact on BB, I am getting some duplicates or triplicates. I pulled the sim out of my classic and put in in my iPhone. Works like a charm. I can deal with a lot of things but contact management is a must and needs to be flawless. I've sent the classic back to amazon and will see what transpires. To me, I'm not spending all that time deleting and wiping and merging and whatever, when most other "phones" have figured out how to deal with their contacts on a communication device. I like BB, but there are times it's just not worth it. This is one of them.
    Trist likes this.
    02-27-15 08:54 PM
    Doubling and tripling again...big miss for an overall great product

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 07:28 AM
    Me too. I spend too much time fixing. Totally merged all my online contacts into one online account and deleted contacts from all other online accounts. Then set BB to only sync the one acct. Then downloaded all to sim and set sim as only acct to display. Guess what... manually added a contact to sim, and later noticed it had somehow doubled. Now have that creepy oh no feeling every time I ooen my contacts. Carefully check and try to catch duplicates so that dont have to waste an entire day again. Love my Bb, but this that one unforgivable that makes u think twice when ur contract is up. Sure hope it gets resolved.
    03-04-15 11:12 PM
    This happens with windows e-mail you should use google

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    03-04-15 11:56 PM
    I think you are right that this is an Outlook.com issue... really surprised there has not been a fix for the issue.
    03-05-15 05:41 AM
    All my contacts duplicated. Outlook.com. What should I do? This is beyond embarrassing

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 11:23 AM
    Use Gmail or iCloud. It appears it is a problem with exchange ActiveSync and BlackBerry. I don't have the doubling problem with anything but Outlook.com.
    03-13-15 11:27 AM
    Do you get double problems with office 365?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 11:28 AM
    Sinse office 365 uses outlook.com I would guess the answer is yes.
    03-13-15 02:07 PM
    Same problem for me coming from Bold 9900 to Classic using sbcglobal and T-Mobile. Some contacts are replicated up to SIX times. Of course, none of the contacts has critical Custom Field info (see my other post/gripe about this.)
    Last edited by zgwarnki; 03-13-15 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Typo
    03-13-15 05:47 PM
37 12