my dad is having trouble organizing his contacts, he has about 1300 contacts and he wants to know how to put all of those contacts onto his SD card thanks

Pearl-Curve-Q10-Soon will be a Passport
    01-05-16 10:41 PM
    You mean he wants to export his contacts to transfer to a new device?

If so, you can use Ultimate Backup app from BBW to back up a number of things to an SD card or the cloud.

You can also use the BlackBerry Link software.
    01-05-16 10:45 PM
    You mean he wants to export his contacts to transfer to a new device?

If so, you can use Ultimate Backup app from BBW to back up a number of things to an SD card or the cloud.

You can also use the BlackBerry Link software.
    No he just wants to save it to his SD card in the same device. His contacts are saved to his device and Sim, but he wants a way to put all of the contacts to the SD card thanks

01-05-16 10:51 PM
    No he just wants to save it to his SD card in the same device. His contacts are saved to his device and Sim, but he wants a way to put all of the contacts to the SD card thanks

He can backup to his SD card, but can't move them there.
    01-05-16 10:59 PM
    He can backup to his SD card, but can't move them there.
    Oh okay thanks

01-05-16 11:04 PM
    You can use Ultimate Backup to save Contacts (and/or Calendar data, messages and more) onto the SD card. You can also restore these data from there or transfer the stuff onto a PC and use it there. These are just zip files, very handy.
    01-06-16 12:31 AM
    You can use Ultimate Backup to save Contacts (and/or Calendar data, messages and more) onto the SD card. You can also restore these data from there or transfer the stuff onto a PC and use it there. These are just zip files, very handy.
    Awesome thanks! Just to be sure that's an app right?

01-06-16 07:01 AM
    Awesome thanks! Just to be sure that's an app right?
    Yes, sure, and it costs a bit. But it's worth the money.
    01-06-16 07:04 AM
    I've got contacts on Google now so if the phone goes kaput I've got a back up.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    Mozdony likes this.
    01-06-16 09:26 AM
    It's easier. Go contacts, settings, at the bottom 'copy contacts from device to the sim card'.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 10:09 AM
    Sorry, my mistake, you dont want to copy then to the sim but to the sd card. You need an app.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 10:11 AM
    I've got contacts on Google now so if the phone goes kaput I've got a back up.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    I do the same. Google Contacts allows the user to backup all contacts in the cloud (on Google's servers) for free! Then, if you security wipe your phone and install a new version of the BB10 operating system, your contacts can be brought right back to your phone by adding your Google Contacts account to the phone. This process takes less than a minute to do once you know the routine. Storing contact information on the SIM card can cause all kinds of problems. I avoid that like the plague.
    01-06-16 10:19 AM
    I do the same. Google Contacts allows the user to backup all contacts in the cloud (on Google's servers) for free!
    Not at all for free, man! You pay with the privacy of yourself and all your contacts. You could also print out all your contacts including their addresses and birthdays on paper and nail this on the outside of your front door.
    01-06-16 10:42 AM
    Not at all for free, man! You pay with the privacy of yourself and all your contacts. You could also print out all your contacts including their addresses and birthdays on paper and nail this on the outside of your front door.
    No doubt you speak the truth about privacy. I happen to not care but others surely might!
    01-06-16 12:00 PM
    Hahaha. I agree. Always been a little paranoid about Google. I have contacts synced with Office 365. Sometimes contacts disappear and then show up again. Kind of like people in real life.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 09:05 PM
    Can someone please explain to me what saving to the Sim means? And local contacts - what is that.

If there is anything that confuses the he'll out of me with my BlackBerry it's the contacts.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 10:01 PM
    Can someone please explain to me what saving to the Sim means? And local contacts - what is that.

If there is anything that confuses the he'll out of me with my BlackBerry it's the contacts.

Posted via CB10
    A Local contact is one stored to device memory. A SIM card has some amount of memory too, so it can hold contact information as well.
    01-06-16 10:22 PM
    Thanks Conite!

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 10:33 PM