OP, I was having an issue with my battery life as well. After some research in the CB Forum I found two areas to make changes and my battery life improved a lot. After 4-5 hours my battery went down to approx. 35%, after making the changes below, (as I type this) I am at 8.5 hours at 72%. I'm using it about the same amount of time as before.

Here is what I did:
    1) Turned off BB Protect
    2) Went to App Mgr > Permissions > (Run when Minimized and Run in Background) > Denied. Can't say this is an issue for anyone else, but it worked on my Classic.
    Will definitely try this! As I have to resort to using my Q10..i really love my Classic will update on how it goes

Via  the slick BlackBerry Q10 bow down to the power of Q 
    05-03-15 12:38 AM
    Will definitely try this! As I have to resort to using my Q10..i really love my Classic will update on how it goes

Via  the slick BlackBerry Q10 bow down to the power of Q 
    I also have found turning off wifi, always running in battery performance mode and having a 10 second shutoff for the screen has also greatly increased performance for me. I think as far as applications running in the background smartlists was one of the worst, that app just EATS battery.
    Last edited by thelastdarksider; 05-03-15 at 12:19 PM.
    05-03-15 11:58 AM
    Without battery saving mode, with Advanced Interactions, but without anything else on (except for cell radio), I get about 22 hours of moderate-to-heavy usage. Unless you are playing a lot of games or really heavily web browsing, it should have no trouble getting you through a day and well into the next.

I have a Z30 as well. The Z30 tends to be a little longer-lasting, but not by a whole lot. It's actually possible to run the Z30's battery dead faster than the Classic because of the bigger screen and the faster processors. In a normal day, my Classic is around 50% after 07:00 to 23:00. The Z30 would usually be at 55% or so. With light use and with battery saving mode on--without running extra stuff--it should last you like 3 days.

If you want a lot of detail about how the Classic stacks up against the Z30, you can read it here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11498595

I like both a lot, but do prefer the Classic for most of my usage.

From a Classic
    Last edited by Xenolock; 05-03-15 at 12:28 PM.
    coffeeaddict305 and drbgd like this.
    05-03-15 12:10 PM
    Thank you that's useful.

 Timeless BlackBerry Q10 
    05-03-15 12:32 PM
    Simple solution deleted some android apps downloaded from play store and my batt life resumes to nearly a full day of moderate usage! Wow! I'm very impressed. I also turned off run in background and also BlackBerry blend connections.

 Timeless BlackBerry Q10 
    05-08-15 07:44 AM
    Same here as Zenolock,

No games, usually wifi Off. Work phone ... Very heavy phone use, e-mail (3 accounts). I get up at 04:30 and usually put it on the charger on the way home at 18:30 for a spell. Charge over night. I usually get a full day of work. Just a tad less than my Z30 which I used to use for work.
    05-09-15 05:49 AM
    One more question, to anyone who used Z30 and moved to Classic, what do you think about Classic compared to it. Thanks!
    I have both. I use the Classic for work, and the Z30 for pleasure. Both excellent devices, though my classic has the band's I need so better coverage.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    05-09-15 02:06 PM
32 12