Does anyone know if any US carriers are going to be carrying the Classic?
    07-17-14 08:32 AM
    No announcements yet for any carriers, anywhere in the world. Don't expect to hear anything until just before launch date (also not yet announced)
    07-17-14 09:05 AM
    I bet you can rule T-Mobile out. Just sayin'.
    alternator77 likes this.
    07-18-14 02:34 PM
    Hopefully AT&T will carry it, otherwise, as long as I can buy one unlocked from shopblackberry, I'm alright...
    07-18-14 04:58 PM
    I'd imagine Verizon seeing as they carried the Z30

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 05:05 PM
    I honestly don't understand the need to create a new thread, asking questions that nobody can answer.

The phone does't even come out for months...

Plus, you're already on the internet... you couldn't Google, or Forums search the topic?

Just seems inane.
    07-19-14 09:14 PM
    I think Verizon will have it... and AT&T + Sprint too... why not it is a classic phone
    07-21-14 03:53 PM
    I agree FBCANDREA. What's with asking what carriers, as well as what price it will sell for, for a phone that has yet to have an office release date, etc.

At this point there is not one member of CB would have any better information than purely guessing.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 06:09 PM
    I agree FBCANDREA. What's with asking what carriers, as well as what price it will sell for, for a phone that has yet to have an office release date, etc.

At this point there is not one member of CB would have any better information than purely guessing.

Posted via CB10
    Guessing and speculating are good ways to pass time instead of staring at a forum with no new posts (since there hasn't been any new information lately). No harm done...
    07-21-14 07:36 PM
    Guessing and speculating are good ways to pass time instead of staring at a forum with no new posts (since there hasn't been any new information lately). No harm done...
    i completely agree imagine how boring forums would be if u weren't allowed to speculate. i cant wait for the classic if my carrier does not carry the classic i will either buy from shop blackberry or switch carriers.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    neoberry99, phuoc and alternator77 like this.
    07-22-14 01:09 AM
    On Crackberry you have to do your own research or at least search on the forum before you ask a question. Otherwise there is always someone or someones blaming you on wasting the precious forum resource. So get used to it and ask when you feel like asking or need to.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 05:52 AM
    Buying from shop blackberry won't automatically solve all your problems. Take the Z30 for instance. If you're on AT&T there is no perfect match for frequencies so you're buying a phone knowing they you may not get LTE. This same thing can and will happen if your American carrier doesn't carry the new BlackBerry's.

Even if you do import a phone with the right frequencies for your carrier like I did with mine, you will still not get the most out of your phone if your carrier doesn't recognize it.

With T-Mobile I can get the speed but can't get VoLTE or wifi calling for example.

This is my opinion only but based on Chen's attitude is say he has given up on the American consumer market. I am going to be surprised if I can find any store to see a passport or classic in person.

I think that BlackBerry is done in America unless BlackBerry seriously changes their strategy and marketing.

It's like they want it to be difficult to own a BlackBerry in the US. You won't accidentally end up with a Q5 or Z30.

The US is the T-Mobile of countries to Chen. He cut off T-Mobile and I think he is giving a big middle finger to the US in general. His interest is in "emerging markets" for consumers. And he says he is all Enterprise but good luck getting American businesses to support BlackBerry when everyone thinks BlackBerry is bankrupt and out of business.

To the OP. I love speculating. Go right ahead posting. I didn't read anywhere in the rules where you can't start a conversation.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3247 / T-Mobile USA
    neoberry99 likes this.
    07-22-14 06:42 AM
    I honestly don't understand the need to create a new thread, asking questions that nobody can answer.

The phone does't even come out for months...

Plus, you're already on the internet... you couldn't Google, or Forums search the topic?

Just seems inane.
    it's a forum...to ask questions...speculate...etc etc? Let's not be super stupid here. No bashing...I just asked a question

Not Fours Years But A Lifetime
    moyah8 and alternator77 like this.
    07-22-14 09:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    I didn't ask about the price..i ask about carriers. If it was a problem I'm sure the CB police would be all over it..

Don't make it about you...if you don't like the question don't answer it.

07-22-14 09:07 AM
    Buying from shop blackberry won't automatically solve all your problems. Take the Z30 for instance. If you're on AT&T there is no perfect match for frequencies so you're buying a phone knowing they you may not get LTE. This same thing can and will happen if your American carrier doesn't carry the new BlackBerry's.

Even if you do import a phone with the right frequencies for your carrier like I did with mine, you will still not get the most out of your phone if your carrier doesn't recognize it.

With T-Mobile I can get the speed but can't get VoLTE or wifi calling for example.

This is my opinion only but based on Chen's attitude is say he has given up on the American consumer market. I am going to be surprised if I can find any store to see a passport or classic in person.

I think that BlackBerry is done in America unless BlackBerry seriously changes their strategy and marketing.

It's like they want it to be difficult to own a BlackBerry in the US. You won't accidentally end up with a Q5 or Z30.

The US is the T-Mobile of countries to Chen. He cut off T-Mobile and I think he is giving a big middle finger to the US in general. His interest is in "emerging markets" for consumers. And he says he is all Enterprise but good luck getting American businesses to support BlackBerry when everyone thinks BlackBerry is bankrupt and out of business.

To the OP. I love speculating. Go right ahead posting. I didn't read anywhere in the rules where you can't start a conversation.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3247 / T-Mobile USA
    Actually, ironically in the last few months, the USA was one of the few countries that actually saw a slight increase in BB10 sales...
    07-22-14 01:43 PM
    Neo, not making it about me, just stating that I agreed with someone else's post.

Also you should reread my posting as it was an interrelated comment about posting carriers and pricing questions in the general sense.

In any event thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 07:25 PM
    I think Verizon will have it... and AT&T + Sprint too... why not it is a classic phone
    I really hope Sprint decides to carry it.
    07-25-14 11:43 AM
    No but there a rumor that carriers are testing the passport

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    07-28-14 10:53 AM
    I really hope Sprint decides to carry it.
    If Sprint does....it'll be 2nd quarter of next year. See, how long it took for them to release the q10....smh
    07-29-14 04:06 AM
    If Sprint does....it'll be 2nd quarter of next year. See, how long it took for them to release the q10....smh
    I know right!

08-02-14 12:01 PM
    I'll be shocked if ATT doesn't carry it. Chen is fixing everything else. I'm sure he is fixing carrier relationships as well. I don't think he is going to push a phone on them until he can offer one that meets HIS standards.

Keep in mind one ATT exec said awhile back they had nothing against BB, they just got tired of overpomising, delays, and half baked phones. Don't have the link but it was posted here I think last year.

Posted via CB10
    Iblamesummers and neoberry99 like this.
    08-03-14 06:48 AM
    would be horrible if there were no US carriers or it were BYOD-only. BRICs & EMs are a huge untapped market to be sure but IMO it seems like a weird signal to send esp. in light of a global economic recovery. Americans consume...
    08-04-14 07:00 AM
    You guys ragging on Sprint do know that any new phone coming also has to be a tri-band LTE device for Sprint.
    08-04-14 09:20 AM
    Didn't Sprint just join T-Mobile? If so, they are a loss cause. Or should I say in Apple's pocket.

Posted on my Q5
    08-05-14 05:18 PM
    Continuing in the speculation spirit, the quote below is from a Feb 24 2014 CNET article titled "BlackBerry CEO confirms Foxconn-made Q20 and Z3 phones". I'd post the link, but can't yet.

Two major US carriers to me boils down to AT&T and Verizon.

Quote from article:
    Finally, Chen addressed the recent spat between himself and T-Mobile CEO John Legere, noting that he didn't start the "vocal conversation." He would only say that he was glad that his relationship with the "two major US carriers are getting better by the day," a subtle jab at T-Mobile.

"That strategy will continue to work for us," he said.
    08-24-14 09:50 AM
29 12