I prefer a removable battery but I am willing to accept a fixed battery if it gives enough added battery life that I no longer need a second battery to get through a normal day.

That said, the classic battery that is rumored to be only 2500 or so is less than my two z10 batteries that I have now.

I realize the screen is smaller, but is there anything else that would make this last longer than a z10?

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 04:30 PM
    I prefer a removable battery but I am willing to accept a fixed battery if it gives enough added battery life that I no longer need a second battery to get through a normal day.

That said, the classic battery that is rumored to be only 2500 or so is less than my two z10 batteries that I have now.

I realize the screen is smaller, but is there anything else that would make this last longer than a z10?

Posted via CB10
    Z30 has a 2880 and lasts me over 2 days before charge. That is with a 5" screen.
    10-25-14 05:48 PM
    Signal strength can impact battery life, also. Let's hope for Paratek's tech.
    10-25-14 05:55 PM
    I'm not worried.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 06:23 PM
    Yes, like the paratek.
    What I am looking for is, what other differences increase battery life?
    A z10 with a 2500 battery would not cut it. But if there are other battery efficiencies with the classic it could be fine.

After all, my 9700 was fine with a 1500 battery.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 06:50 PM
    Well first the Z10 has a 4.2" screen and the Q10 has a 3.5" screen. The display was and still is the number one consumer in terms of battery when it comes to active use. Especially at bright settings. The Classic won't have the AMOLED technology of the Q10/Z30, so it won't take advantage of certain optimisations in terms of dark themed apps. But I somehow doubt this will have a huge impact in battery life.
    To my knowledge, 10.3.1 will offer more battery improvements compared to previous versions, of course the existing devices will also benefit of these once they'll get their software updates.

Keep in mind you can always get yourself a powerpack to keep your battery charged on the go. While it might not be as fast and convenient as an extra battery, you at least don't have to power off the phone and wait till it rebooted to keep going. For example I got myself a Anker powerpack rated with 9000mAH, it is roguhly the size of two Qs stuck above each other and comes with two charging outputs. So I can even charge a second device with it, plus I can recharge my Q10 three times easily from almost zero back to full without any problems and there's still some juice left for a partial charge.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 03:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    You saying that you have some kind of extended battery for the z10? I thought the z10 had 1800 batteries.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 05:09 AM
    My Z10 use a non-OEM battery made in Japan, 2350mAh, and it gives me a significant increase of battery life to around 16-18 hours of use. It's a good one.

Posted via CB10 on my amazing Z10
    10-26-14 06:23 AM
    You saying that you have some kind of extended battery for the z10? I thought the z10 had 1800 batteries.

Posted via CB10
    No, I meant that 2500 is less than 1800x2.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 02:40 PM
    My Z10 use a non-OEM battery made in Japan, 2350mAh, and it gives me a significant increase of battery life to around 16-18 hours of use. It's a good one.

Where did you get this?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 02:41 PM
    I'm not worried.

Posted via CB10
    You might know something we don't.... is battery size above 3000mah? That would make that beauty perfect and it would sell like hell...

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    Barbareren likes this.
    10-26-14 03:06 PM

Japan has made some of the best LIPOs / Lions, IMO. Aftermarket is pretty "hit and miss", compared with OEM, but good ones are GOOD. Where'd you get yours??
    10-26-14 03:19 PM
    Classic has a lot less pixels to push on the screen(lower resolution), and a more efficient SOC if it use the Snapdragon S4 pro chip like the z30 instead of Z10's Snapdragon S4 Plus.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 07:28 PM
    I think the Classic battery should be just fine with it's screen size and resolution. It's just 300 mAh or so less than the Z30 which has a good track record for battery life. If it had the 3500 mAh battery, that would have been game changing and definitely something to talk about but lets hope this was done as a cost cutting measure. Either way, I'm getting it.
    10-26-14 07:47 PM
    Well, the z10 has poor battery life.
    But I think the Classic will be ok.

I am hoping it has reception as good as the passport. I hear the passport has awesome reception.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 09:14 PM
    Japan has made some of the best LIPOs / Lions, IMO. Aftermarket is pretty "hit and miss", compared with OEM, but good ones are GOOD. Where'd you get yours??
    I live in Jakarta, Indonesia. Got it from a cell phone shop owned by my friend. He guarantee the battery is good. And it's a little bit cheaper than the OEM LS-1 by BlackBerry. The name is Hippo power battery. You can search for it in google. They also have other battery for many BlackBerry devices and samsung. For those who have a removable battery smartphone and need a replacement for the battery, it's a good option.

Edit: I don't know if this product available on the other market, but just fyi, here's the link to the battery section:
    http://hippopower.co.id/products/batteries
    idssteve likes this.
    10-26-14 10:20 PM
    I think it's a little early to worry about a device that hasn't even been released yet.

At the same time I totally understand why you're worried. The Z10 has a horrible battery and if the rumors are that the Classic batter will be a lower MHa then I can see your concern. Just remember that BlackBerry has improved battery life since the Z10. Classic will also have a much smaller screen and newer software.

Posted using my Asus Transformer TF700T via the CrackBerry App
    10-26-14 10:24 PM
    I think it's a little early to worry about a device that hasn't even been released yet.

At the same time I totally understand why you're worried. The Z10 has a horrible battery and if the rumors are that the Classic batter will be a lower MHa then I can see your concern. Just remember that BlackBerry has improved battery life since the Z10. Classic will also have a much smaller screen and newer software.

Posted using my Asus Transformer TF700T via the CrackBerry App
    Well, it isn't that the classic batter is smaller because it will certainly be larger.
    It's that it isn't removable and it's not as much larger as I would like.
    The rumored specs show that it's only about 40% larger than a z10 battery, but I am hoping for more than 40% longer battery life.

Hopefully the device is more battery efficient.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 07:23 AM