While I don't own the classic yet I think this is a fair review. I think they tackle the spec issue head on.

From CNET

The Classic is powered by a dual-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm 8960, a venerable -- if dated -- CPU. Paired with 2GB of RAM, I saw nary a hint of lag or stutter as I bounced around the phone, triaged my email, or snapped photos. Most of my testing revolved around working with text and browsing the web. They're the tasks the Classic was designed for, and the phone tackles them with aplomb. Step out of its comfort zone, and things are a little less rosy: I ran into lag when firing up Android apps, and games like GT Racing 2 served up occasionally choppy frame rates. The phone offers 16GB of storage space, and supports up to 128GB micro SD cards.

While I'm not trying to debate BlackBerry using the 3 year old chip set, or the pricing, I do think it's fair to start debating the idea of just throwing the highest specs in every device. Across the board, hardware has caught up to most things people do on their device. I wonder those quad core chips really provide much benefit to the Samsung and htc owners, or is it just a way to justify keeping price high.

Again, blackberry charging 450 for a 3 year old chip is another topic. I don't know enough about the biz to say much about it, but I'd be more comfortable at 399 or 349

The full review

BlackBerry Classic review - CNET

Posted via CB10
    Christoph7K likes this.
    12-18-14 09:10 AM
    Meh...

From my Z30
    12-18-14 09:15 AM
    Yep. Seems pretty fair.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 09:29 AM
    This was written by an honest guy.
    dale-c likes this.
    12-18-14 10:36 AM
    Yep, I agree with this. At $449 I would have hoped for Z30 specs just so those rare moments of lag do not exist at all. :-)

Edit: I still bought one because a Q10 with a toolbelt is still better than a Q10 without one.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    dale-c likes this.
    12-18-14 10:48 AM
    3 year old CPU? LOL what a shame BlackBerry cheap charlie's .

Nice phone but can not view every website with it

Z10 (red) OS10.2.2.1609 Q5 (red) OS10.3.0.1418
    12-18-14 10:54 AM
    People really need to get off of specs and look at the market that BB is targeting... that is the interesting thing about the Classic reviews is that a lot of the tech reviewers seem to be getting BB vision.... as many pointed out... the Classic is not marketed to the masses ... simply enterprise... sure they will pull in some of the keyboard fanatics from the consumer market... that is gravey.... as long as the device does what the average enterprise user wants... it will be successful... does not need to be a powerhouse as BB has to keep costs in line with bulk purchases from enterprise company... as for lag when using it... could be a number of issues related to software... not necessarily hardware... that is why we have OS updates... all in all think BB is smart to go this route and try to tap into the market where lots of legacy BB reside and there are millions still in use... if a healthy portion upgrade it will bode well for BB... that is the million dollar question....
    bruce73 likes this.
    12-18-14 11:02 AM
    People really need to get off of specs and look at the market that BB is targeting... that is the interesting thing about the Classic reviews is that a lot of the tech reviewers seem to be getting BB vision.... as many pointed out... the Classic is not marketed to the masses ... simply enterprise... sure they will pull in some of the keyboard fanatics from the consumer market... that is gravey.... as long as the device does what the average enterprise user wants... it will be successful... does not need to be a powerhouse as BB has to keep costs in line with bulk purchases from enterprise company... as for lag when using it... could be a number of issues related to software... not necessarily hardware... that is why we have OS updates... all in all think BB is smart to go this route and try to tap into the market where lots of legacy BB reside and there are millions still in use... if a healthy portion upgrade it will bode well for BB... that is the million dollar question....
    Yeah, I read that some times in the forum, and you're right dude. I actually fell in love with classic,but...I have to say, the specs just kill me. I bought passport in black Friday for just 100$ more, and it has sooooo better specs that I just can't with it...
    In my opinion, classic is a fantastic device, with a very clear targeting in market, but it should be a hundred cheaper to be really competitive and a nice shot for anyone who was thinking to change to BlackBerry.
    If classic should have better specs I would change even my passport, but let's be realistic, that dawn proccesor has three xxxxings years! That in mobile tech. Is so huge difference!!
    G.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 11:22 AM
    I think the issues brought up here is more to do with the price matching the specs rather than the specs themselves...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-18-14 01:26 PM
    3 year old CPU? LOL what a shame BlackBerry cheap charlie's .

Z10 (red) OS10.2.2.1609 Q5 (red) OS10.3.0.1418
    What do you mean? You can view any website that any other phone can.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 01:30 PM
    What the heck is this? Do you know anything about internet and web browser? The internet is not a series of tubes.
    12-18-14 01:43 PM