I have 2 questions, still on BB9900 after all these years so i have not ventured into BB10 OS until now that BB has released a new device with keyboard and navigation keys I'm ready for upgrade. Excuse my ignorance on the second question, I have done some research but it's quite overwhelming reading so much different info on this specific question.

1. Does anyone know if ATT will offer the Classic?

2. How can i determine if an app i use on my current BB which is also on Google Play store will work with the classic/OS10?
    2a) I believe the answer is now but you can't just load Google play apps on BB10's?
    2b) Is there a quick way to check to see if Google play apps will work on BB10?

This is strictly a business phone for me so I just have 1 app really that I must have other than that I can live with nothing else from Google Play not working on this phone.

Thanks
    11-26-14 06:17 PM
    You can buy it from BlackBerry and just activate it on their network.

What is the app you're concerned with? What google play apps are running on a 9900?
    11-26-14 06:22 PM
    I know i can buy it from BB or Amazon eventually. What I would like to know is if ATT will carry it, so that i can test it in person before purchasing it.

I don't have Google play app running on a 9900. The app I currently use on my 9900 is also available on Google play. Again is there a way to test apps to see if OS10 is compatible with them.
    11-26-14 06:26 PM
    I know i can buy it from BB or Amazon eventually. What I would like to know is if ATT will carry it, so that i can test it in person before purchasing it.

I don't have Google play app running on a 9900. The app I currently use on my 9900 is also available on Google play. Again is there a way to test apps to see if OS10 is compatible with them.
    No one knows if ATT will carry it, but you can always return it if you don't like it.

Yes, you can test the app by simply telling us what it is and we'll grab our phone and check. What is the app?
    11-26-14 06:29 PM
    I'm sure one of us on here with a BB10 device would test it for you, or someone may already be using it...which app are you after?
    11-26-14 06:30 PM
    That is what i suspected, I guess I will have to wait and see, the app is EagleEyes from avtech, if you can test and let me know I would appreciate it.

Cheers
    11-26-14 06:31 PM
    Yep, it's on Snap. Eagle eyes free and Plus versions
    11-26-14 06:42 PM
    Fantastic thank a million
    11-26-14 06:43 PM
    I have 2 questions, still on BB9900 after all these years so i have not ventured into BB10 OS until now that BB has released a new device with keyboard and navigation keys I'm ready for upgrade. Excuse my ignorance on the second question, I have done some research but it's quite overwhelming reading so much different info on this specific question.

1. Does anyone know if ATT will offer the Classic?

2. How can i determine if an app i use on my current BB which is also on Google Play store will work with the classic/OS10?
    2a) I believe the answer is now but you can't just load Google play apps on BB10's?
    2b) Is there a quick way to check to see if Google play apps will work on BB10?

This is strictly a business phone for me so I just have 1 app really that I must have other than that I can live with nothing else from Google Play not working on this phone.

Thanks
    BlackBerry and ATT must have made amends since the John Chen regime. There is a Classic specifically made for ATT model SQC100-2.

I'm also on ATT and using a 9900 the SQC100-2 doesn't look like it will be released on December 17th.

I called ATT today and they don't have a release date for the PassPort or the Q20 (Classic). Looks like 2 months before ATT will have it. If you can live with NO wireless charging the SQC100-4 will work on ATT. If your concerned about it just wait "maybe" some of the retailers BB lost will again pick it up in the USA, but I doubt they will.

I'm interested to see how the keyboard feels vs the 9900. Don't like the straight keyboard but it's the only game in town. If ATT drags their feet to long, maybe BB will announce an ergonomic version. Who know what BB will do.

Good luck.
    11-26-14 11:07 PM
    BlackBerry and ATT must have made amends since the John Chen regime. There is a Classic specifically made for ATT model SQC100-2.

I'm also on ATT and using a 9900 the SQC100-2 doesn't look like it will be released on December 17th.

I called ATT today and they don't have a release date for the PassPort or the Q20 (Classic). Looks like 2 months before ATT will have it. If you can live with NO wireless charging the SQC100-4 will work on ATT. If your concerned about it just wait "maybe" some of the retailers BB lost will again pick it up in the USA, but I doubt they will.

I'm interested to see how the keyboard feels vs the 9900. Don't like the straight keyboard but it's the only game in town. If ATT drags their feet to long, maybe BB will announce an ergonomic version. Who know what BB will do.

Good luck.
    I'm just going to buy the Classic when it comes out on Amazon. Use it for a while, and when AT&T comes out with it, hopefully with wireless charging, I'll upgrade my contract then to get it (I still have one of their old grandfathered plans that do not charge extra for getting a phone on subsidy, so it actually does work out in my favor by doing so), and sell the first Classic on ebay...
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-27-14 02:09 AM
    Maybe your app is on amazon app store or on the bb10 app store. If not there is still snap to get Google play apps.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 03:01 AM

Good luck.
    Thanks, I will hold off so i can actually test it in person before purchasing it. I have waited this long, a few more months will not be a problem plus the wireless charging is a plus.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-28-14 01:35 AM
    The question of the OP seems to be answered already, so if it is OK, I would like to piggy back another similar question.

One and only App that I care about, that is available on OS7 but not OS10 is TOTAL CONNECT 2.0 from Honeywell.

Does anybody know if the Android version of that app will work on OS10?

Also would using an Android app version open the phone to more security voulnerabilities than using native apps?

I guess that's 2x questions now.
    11-28-14 11:07 AM
    Quick question, I looked into Snap which is a front end i believe to google play store. I have seen tutorials on side loading Snap. My question is with the latest BB 10 software can Snap simply be downloaded from Blackberry World app or is side loading required. Still waiting on Classic but trying to get my info correct.

Thanks
    12-20-14 02:07 PM