Before getting my Classic I heard/read mentions of a rubbery back. On a video a guy tilts his hand with phone in hand and it doesn't slip; the BB logo seems to be deeper into the surface, and "it's so rubbery it scratches very easily". Where mine would slip everytime, the back is almost completely flatten, and although is a smooth texture, it's far from "rubbery" in my opinion.

I believe is somewhat like the hard back one would expect from the white versions of bb's. Makes me feel like mine is missing the rubbery layer? Am I alone on this?

P.S. While I'm at it, can someone tell me what kind of surface the blue classic comes with, rubbery or hard?

Saludos.
    02-01-16 11:40 AM
    I have both blue and black. While it is not rubbery in the sense of soft it is textured and firm. It is the same on both. I do not find them scratching easily but my phone is either in my hands or in my BlackBerry holster and is never anywhere else.
    02-01-16 02:20 PM
    It is slippy-er than expected. I like it.

Certainly better than my nekkid iPhone 6 Plus.
    02-01-16 02:31 PM
    I'm that guy that made the video haha,

I saw someone with a classic today and we compared phones. We noticed that the built quality was very different on the phones. My back had a different texture than hers and also the blackberry logo of hers was much flatter and one part of it even fell of. I googled if there were built quality differences between phones and someone in the crackberry forum said, that phones that were built earlier have a bit worse built quality (keyboard, screen, backcover)

Hope I could help!

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876 loving it
    02-01-16 05:18 PM
    I know exactly what you are asking since I had a black q10 and was wondering whether the white had the same feel. It did not, but fortunately the blue classic has exactly the same rubbery feel exhibitted by the black, no hard plastic feel. The keyboard seems a little different as well, for the better.
    02-01-16 08:26 PM
    Black Classic is nice and grippy. Not as rubbery as the PRIV, but it is definitely got grip to it. Especially how it's textured.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-02-16 02:07 AM
    Thanks for all responses; I could not have go to sleep thinking there was a better version out the and I got the wrong one for me; when time comes to get the blueberry I'l know exactly what to expect. I don't think I'll be covering that one. Kid who made the video: I really enjoy that review! It took me back to the days when reviews were more about personal opinion and feeling only for the sake of sharing info rather than a sales pitch to get sponsored. Also, I like the "puffy" look on your bb, specially if it comes with a better grip.

To be honest about the back cover on the Classic; I would never had describe it myself as rubbery if it hadn't been described as such everywhere else. I do get it, but have to look hard for the grippy feel. I think it needed be as solid a feeling like the one on the Q10 to have justified the whole back being the same material unlike the single strip around 9900's, that was enough; the whole back cover desing on that one was pure perfection.

But you know what would have been complete awesomeness? If the texture had been a leather imitation one; that would have really taken us back to the 9000's glory days and given it a real mature look front And back. Apart from looks, it takes me while to adjust the level of care it needs to be handled with withouth the amzer sofcover; the words "moist soap" come to mind.

Don't get me wrong; this Is the best bold ever build, and I'm willing to accept the compromise. I did get everything else I wanted (okay, I did wished it was snappier), and I'm rocking the heck out of it!

Saludos.
    02-02-16 08:42 AM