Is...........

Wait. It really has no competition.

So if there is something you don't like about the Classic, but you want that type of phone, you either get a different style of phone or you just pay for the classic.

For me, it's the low end CPU and high price.

But, what else do I buy?

I am thinking best best is wait for a sale. And get it sub $400.

Hopefully that will be before March.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 10:50 PM
    Isn't it going to be released in the $450-$500 range? With the same specs as the Q10.
    Maxxxpower likes this.
    12-14-14 12:24 AM
    Hmmm... 9900?

Posted from a D618
    andy957 likes this.
    12-14-14 01:06 AM
    (IOS) : Consumer Orientated - Built for features, Built for gaming, built around consumers attraction

(Android) : Consumer Orientated - built for massive features, build for gaming / media viewing and built around consumer attraction.

QNX : Business / Corporate / Enterprise Orientated - Built for security - built for simplicity (ease of use) - built for longevity (battery life) and great build quality. They are not built for gaming and therefore BlackBerry is not concerned (at the moment) about specs

They are simply putting together a phone that last long and is fluid, doesn't lag and is easy to use.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3442
    WJHeller likes this.
    12-14-14 03:55 AM
    BlackBerry is not concerned (at the moment) about specs
    Ever wondered why Z30 and Passport do have better specs than Classic/Z10/Q10? According to your point of view this is not neccesary.

They are simply putting together a phone that last long and is fluid, doesn't lag and is easy to use.
    No lag? Good joke. Especially Andoid apps (Amazon app store now preinstalled!) run noticeabley faster on Z30/Passport. Even the native web browser is much faster on these devices.
    Long lasting? A newer SoC would be much more energy-efficient.

There is no point in using such old hardware than making the device as cheap as possible to build and (try) to sell it at a price as if it had better specs.

@dale-c: What's the point of starting one BB Classic thread after the other that basically cover the same subjects?
    12-14-14 04:10 AM

No lag? Good joke. Especially Andoid apps (Amazon app store now preinstalled!) run noticeabley faster on Z30/Passport. Even the native web browser is much faster on these devices.
    Long lasting? A newer SoC would be much more energy-efficient.
    I think some of the processes never close hence the high RAM usage and battery drain. No other platform can launch Qt apps as fast as bb10. Merely in second while others take a few goods second. I guess the qml runtime never close so it launch apps faster but at a cost of battery.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    12-14-14 04:18 AM
    INo other platform can launch Qt apps as fast as bb10. Merely in second while others take a few goods second.
    Doesn't change the fact that a fictitious Classic with S4 Pro (Z30) or even Snapdragon 801 (Passport) would be noticeably faster in everyday use. As proven on Z30 (comparable battery size, larger display), battery live could nevertheless be great.
    12-14-14 04:23 AM
    Hope its specs could be better than Q10.Someone is said that there are still possible to change something before the final version.But I think they must already done with it.The reason we still need to waiting for is just factories require time to produce it by enough amount.
    12-14-14 05:52 AM
    I'm getting one for work and will see if I like it enough to buy one for a personal phone. I'd also wait for it to be sub $400.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 06:42 AM
    This is Blackberry's competition - keyboard cases.
    12-14-14 08:10 AM
    Hope its specs could be better than Q10.Someone is said that there are still possible to change something before the final version.But I think they must already done with it.The reason we still need to waiting for is just factories require time to produce it by enough amount.
    Well, it hasn't been confirmed so it's possible that the units given to reviewers to test could be different than the final version.

As far as lag...I am not sure what miracle they have done with this phone. My z10 is sluggish, but adaquate for Android. It is great with native apps.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 12:23 PM
    Nice thing about Classic is there is ok competition. BlackBerry has the whole qwerty market to itself. Closest would be the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 12:28 PM
    Q10 is the competition. Nearly the same specs and much cheaper.
    12-14-14 12:30 PM