Just curious if anyone is tracking their battery life with LTE mode on at all time. I usually turn off LTE because I don't need the speed and I have low capacity data plan.

Thx
    01-21-15 01:22 PM
    As much as LTE will likley cause you battery to drain faster I think that there would be a huge variable of signal strengh that would change results from area to area, carrier to carrier.
    01-21-15 01:30 PM
    Just curious if anyone is tracking their battery life with LTE mode on at all time. I usually turn off LTE because I don't need the speed and I have low capacity data plan.

Thx
    For what it's worth, I've gotten almost twice the battery time with LTE turned off. I'm with Rogers in Calgary, AB and an extremely heavy user of my Classic. For me, 4G works just fine for Email, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (android port). Hope that helps

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 01:47 PM
    I have weak LTE coverage (2 bars, -82 dBM) where I work. I'm on Rogers in Guelph, Ontario, Canada and my Classic is on the original OS that the phone came with. With moderate to heavy use I get about 14 hours before the phone reaches 20%.

Hope this helps?

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 01:53 PM
    Hmm. 14 hours is not bad. Thanks.
    01-21-15 01:58 PM
    It's a really good phone. I came from a Z10, and the 10.3.1 OS is fantastic. It's really smooth and the clarity of phone calls are really wonderful. Don't listen to the Passport crowd. This is a really good phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 02:07 PM
    After 16 hours I'm down to 71% using LTE, four email accounts, BlackBerry maps during 4 hours drive time, Facebook and Twitter all day.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 02:57 PM
    I'm at 10 hours of a 12 hour shift on LTE at work. I'm still at 85% with moderate use.

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    01-21-15 04:09 PM

Thx
    Never had an issue with battery, usually have 30% or more at the end of the day...

I keep LTE on 24/7.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-21-15 04:37 PM
    Damn that sweet battery. I still prefer the look and premium feel of the bold 9900 though.
    04-07-15 09:35 AM

Thx
    I never turn mine off and the battery life has been very good. Your coverage with your carrier can affect this a lot. The better the coverage the better the battery life.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-07-15 11:51 AM
    I leave LTE, data, bluetooth, and location services on. I check the phone for texts/emails randomly at work, otherwise it idles with about 3 bars of signal and when I leave work I may have between 65-75% left. So device leaves the charger at 6:45am, doesn't return usually until after 10pm. I'll probably use the phone for about 1-2 hours of emailing/texting/internet browsing, sometimes more, sometimes less, but I'm outside the "use it all the time phase", so I've yet to find myself needing a charge after work.
    04-07-15 02:05 PM