The iPhone 5c was just a 5 with cheaper build
    The reason that a second model for the classic would be good us that you have two groups of people buying this phone. The cheaper for phones purchased by enterprises and the second for those of us buying our own phones.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 09:25 AM
    Both are dual core chips. Passport is the only quad-core Blackberry... the difference between Z30 and Q10 is that one had the Adreno 320 GPU and the other has the 225.
    I'm pretty sure the 1.7GHz cpu in the Z30 (MSM8960AB) has the quad core version of the Adreno 320 gpu in it... But I could be wrong...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-24-14 09:43 AM
    s4 pro 1.7(krait 300) is up to %30 faster than s4 1.5 cpu(krait 200).it has some improved Krait microarchitecture for example java performance not too much but it is there.gpu is 2x more powerful as said before

better cpu performance means better android experience so i would go for s4 pro 1.7.
    10-24-14 09:48 AM
    The iPhone 5c was just a 5 with cheaper build
    The reason that a second model for the classic would be good us that you have two groups of people buying this phone. The cheaper for phones purchased by enterprises and the second for those of us buying our own phones.

Posted via CB10
    Yes exactly. The same way there used to be a Curve and Bold line.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by iamagod; 07-28-16 at 03:07 AM.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-24-14 12:03 PM
    I'll buy whatever Classic comes to Verizon.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Q10.
    10-24-14 01:21 PM
    A leak for the Passport...
    Yes, it's like other leaks but for the Passport.

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    10-24-14 10:18 PM
    I'd pay a premium for better specs, especially for a meaningful spec like storage capacity, if it meant noticeably better performance. If the lower-end model performed like the higher end one, and if micro-sd cards were supported, then perhaps I'd go lower end.
    10-25-14 04:23 PM
    Yes, micro SD is supported.
    The only benefit to higher internal is that it gives you more breathing room before your phones slows down, or if you didn't want a separate card, that would be helpful.
    Otherwise with a128 gb option it should be sufficient for almost all users.

One other thing, 1080p video is not supported on some slower DD cards

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 04:34 PM
    DylanHabkirk's review said the microSD card is supported up to 128Gb. Is there any effect on battery life between the phone using internal (built in) vs microSD storage?

I saw 128Gb microSD supported and immediately think of the phone's storage as 16Gb built-in + 128Gb microSD = 144Gb storage, more than enough for me. But if the microSD is a bad drain on battery life then I'll have to start thinking about internal storage as a problem.
    Don't know of any battery drain issues using sd cards. I've been using a 64gb card in my Q10 since launch and haven't noticed any battery drains...

10-25-14 06:13 PM
    I've been using a 32gb microsd card in my q10 and didn't notice any either. Good to know. I sleep better knowing I can boost my phones storage via microsd without paying an extra $100 to Apple for every extra 16/32/64/whatever I want.
    One of the top reasons I don't have an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 06:53 PM
    It's all conjecture at this point.
    10-25-14 08:04 PM
    I've been using a 32gb microsd card in my q10 and didn't notice any either. Good to know. I sleep better knowing I can boost my phones storage via microsd without paying an extra $100 to Apple for every extra 16/32/64/whatever I want.
    But the problem is if your issue is with a lot of apps, BB's expandable memory will not help because they do not let you install apps onto the card. But if most of your storage is music, pictures, videos, and other media, then yes, it's a great feature. Personally, I don't have that many apps, but I know some people who do, so I really do think they should open it up so you can install apps onto the memory card...
    10-25-14 08:28 PM
    Would definitely choose the premium model if given the choice. I paid $1950 which was full retail for my P'9981 direct from Porsche Design, so I'm not going to choose a lower end model just to save a hundred or a few. I agree that Blackberry seems poised to release the Q20 with Q10 specs + Toolbelt soon, then a year or two from now they'll bring out a new model with modern specs, for that's what they've pretty much already said they would do.
    10-25-14 08:36 PM
    DylanHabkirk's review said the microSD card is supported up to 128Gb. Is there any effect on battery life between the phone using internal (built in) vs microSD storage?

I saw 128Gb microSD supported and immediately think of the phone's storage as 16Gb built-in + 128Gb microSD = 144Gb storage, more than enough for me. But if the microSD is a bad drain on battery life then I'll have to start thinking about internal storage as a problem.
    128 in my Passport with 32 internal, didn't notice any difference in Battery compared to when I was using a 64gb

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    10-25-14 08:53 PM
    I forgot about that. I don't run a lot of apps so never had to deal with this thankfully.

Approx how many apps would one have to use to fill up the internal memory? If I assume the average app is 150Mb (prob on the high side?) then 16,000Mb (16Gb) memory / 150 = ~106 apps.

106 is a LOT of apps....more than I will ever need, esp on a business device.
    Still, at 32 gb on the passport, hopefully the same on the classic...how many apps do you guys need to run?

10-25-14 10:13 PM
    I forgot about that. I don't run a lot of apps so never had to deal with this thankfully.

Approx how many apps would one have to use to fill up the internal memory? If I assume the average app is 150Mb (prob on the high side?) then 16,000Mb (16Gb) memory / 150 = ~106 apps.

106 is a LOT of apps....more than I will ever need, esp on a business device.
    Apps do not average 150mb. There are the few exceptions, but from what I've seen, the average large apps are like 25mb, the small ones are in the hundreds of kb's. Exceptions being games like Real Racing 3 which is like 1.2gb lol.

10-25-14 10:26 PM
    Why would two versions of the classic be a bad idea?

Keeping the cost down for companies that give out phone to employees is important. And if it was just native app that we used, and that is all some will use, then the q10 specs are fine. Better specs are mostly just needed for Andriod apps.
    The other thing is being future proof.
    I am doing fine with the 1.5 in my z10 but I want my next phone to last a while.

Posted via CB10
    Think about what you are asking? Since the Curve and the Bold (seems like eons ago) which handset has Blackberry released in multiple versions? Plus, if that were the case, don't you think there would have been an announcement?

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 11:01 PM
    I am thinking the 9700 and the 9780 was awful damn close . 80 being slightly better specs and slightly different design .
    10-26-14 08:19 AM
    But the apps store more datas the more you use, and the OS itself already take up ~4gb of storage?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 01:19 PM
    Think about what you are asking? Since the Curve and the Bold (seems like eons ago) which handset has Blackberry released in multiple versions? Plus, if that were the case, don't you think there would have been an announcement?

Posted via CB10
    I have thought about what I am asking.
    I am not sure how "blackberry hasn't done this in a long time" is an argument against it.

As for an announcement, why would they need that?
    The Classic is one model. We already have heard that there will be multiple options such as color.
    Why not have two sets of specs.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 02:28 PM
    for me it would be the lower spec one.
    i only use the blackberry for emails / twitter / etc (basically any type of messaging that goes into the hub)

i use my iPhone 6 for all other social interaction, taking pics, etc.

If the blackberry classic comes with a curved sexy keyboard like the bold then i will buy 2 of them to support the company lol.
    10-28-14 04:38 AM
    for me it would be the lower spec one.
    i only use the blackberry for emails / twitter / etc (basically any type of messaging that goes into the hub)

i use my iPhone 6 for all other social interaction, taking pics, etc.

If the blackberry classic comes with a curved sexy keyboard like the bold then i will buy 2 of them to support the company lol.
    What type of BlackBerry do you have now?
    You might find you need an iPhone less with 10.3

I do like the iPhone though I know I am a minority around here.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 07:27 AM
    I also like iPhone, I just like BlackBerry more, and if there will be no BlackBerry (hope this won't happen) I probably will have iPhone again

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 01:31 PM
    I also like iPhones as well. My kids love them, since they are easy to use and navigate. I always find myself coming back the BB becuase of the physical keyboard(s).

Sent from my BlackBeezy 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-28-14 06:10 PM
    But iOS has simplicity down. BlackBerry needs to focus more on the power user. It should be as user friendly as possible but also powerful.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 07:56 PM
51 123