I've had a Z10 for a little while, great phone and its still in perfect condition. Love it. Only downside to me is battery life.

Got a new Z30 a couple of days ago and I don't like how did the screen is and I'm still not sure if it's size is preferably to me since I virtually haven't used it.

Someone got me a new Z30 but now I'm thinking about not even opening it and selling it and getting a Classic because I'm thinking it might be better for me as a work phone, and right now, phone wise, I want something that will help me make more money, don't care about games, videos or things like that on my phone.

But I've been reading some negative things on here. That it's slow, bad battery, etc.

Basically, I want a phone that is at least as fast as the Z10 because I have 99% no issue with the Z10 when it comes to speed. A camera at least as good as Z10. If it's better than the Z10 at taking pics at night then that's huge. And a better that will last me all day with a lot of talking on the phone, texting, having a few emails synced, Facebook, BBM and twitter synced. Plus, calendar and remember open all the time and a few other apps like phone and contacts as well.

Will the classic do that for me?

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 10:32 PM
    Unless you're really looking to get a physical keyboard you may be disappointed with the smaller screen.

I have a friend who moved from a z10 to a Q10 and quickly moved back because the keyboard didn't justify the smaller screen. I believe you'll be better off with the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 10:48 PM
    You need to read a lot of reviews here. It could be disoriented sometime. You have to take apart the complainers and look for the real reviewer

Z 30
    01-11-15 07:02 AM
    The 9900 is the fastest for emails and texting. It also has BBOS7BBM7 which is the best for sharing social media. It does what 3-4 apps do at the same time only faster because it multi-shares.

I have a Classic I use it as my main phone and it is great because the screen is bigger and has more RAM. I still use the 9900 because of the multiple sharing. I think BBM10 will some day be as good as BBM7.

If you are not going to use your phone for games the Classic will work better than the other phones out there.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    01-11-15 07:14 AM
    In terms of speed you shouldn't worry: The Classic features the same internals as the Z10 (and Q10 for the matter), same SoC and the same amount of RAM and internal storage. So the performance is pretty much identical to what you are used from your Z10.
    The same accounts for the camera, it appears BlackBerry again used the same 8mp camera module already featured in the Z10, Q10 and Z30. So if you were satisfied with the pictures and videos your Z10 made, you'll also be satisfied by the Classic.

In terms of dimensions, the Classic is a tiny mm taller than your Z, yet it is quite a tad wider. The new phone is also heavier with 177g. Yet don't let that fool you: IMO the weight is just right for this device and only strengthens the well done build quality of the Classic.

I think the screensize is really good, even compared to my Q10 that additional 0.4" makes a noticeable difference.
    The battery should be much better than your Z10, my Classic lasts a bit longer than my Q10 - which again was better than the Z10. However compared with the Z30 it might be a tough call, since the '30 has almost an additional 300mAH, yet it has a larger display to power.

Last but not least it depends on what kind of stuff you use your phone for. As with all BB10 QWERTYs, media heavy use like videos and games is rather limited and better be consumed on a Z30 or Z10. Everything else is not a problem.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 12:14 PM
    In terms of speed you shouldn't worry: The Classic features the same internals as the Z10 (and Q10 for the matter), same SoC and the same amount of RAM and internal storage. So the performance is pretty much identical to what you are used from your Z10.
    The same accounts for the camera, it appears BlackBerry again used the same 8mp camera module already featured in the Z10, Q10 and Z30. So if you were satisfied with the pictures and videos your Z10 made, you'll also be satisfied by the Classic.

In terms of dimensions, the Classic is a tiny mm taller than your Z, yet it is quite a tad wider. The new phone is also heavier with 177g. Yet don't let that fool you: IMO the weight is just right for this device and only strengthens the well done build quality of the Classic.

I think the screensize is really good, even compared to my Q10 that additional 0.4" makes a noticeable difference.
    The battery should be much better than your Z10, my Classic lasts a bit longer than my Q10 - which again was better than the Z10. However compared with the Z30 it might be a tough call, since the '30 has almost an additional 300mAH, yet it has a larger display to power.

Last but not least it depends on what kind of stuff you use your phone for. As with all BB10 QWERTYs, media heavy use like videos and games is rather limited and better be consumed on a Z30 or Z10. Everything else is not a problem.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for this. I didn't know the Classic was taller than Z10. I hope it's not a deal breaker. I was leaning towards a Passport but now the Classic is looking good.

I'm going to try to test them out first.

Does the Classic have all the features from all the previous BlackBerry 10 phones? For example, Miracast, wifi direct, those speaker and sounds technology and features of Z30 and anything else I missed maybe from Passport? Lol.

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 10:17 PM
    I came to the Classic from the Z10 and the one thing that has impressed me and the key reason why I switched is the battery life.

It all depends on how you use the phone. If you consume a lot of media and video there's some trade off. If you're looking for the best camera in the market you'll have some trade offs.

If you like the physical keyboard you will love this phone. If you've missed the shortcuts you will love this phone.

Inbox or Hub management is so much better with the classic as the trackpad and shift keys will help you delete or mark read multiple messages faster than the screen on the Z10.

As for battery life I've gone from 6 hrs (then switching batteries or plugging in the charger) to over 18 hours plus before I get to 10%.

It doesn't take long getting used to navigating around your hub and all the apps.

As for the Amazon appstore I personally have found more up to date apps on Snap via the Google store but sadly some issues with compatibility with the Classic so if you're an app person using android there might be some work to do.

For me the Classic is the best phone purchase I've made and no regrets at all.

Posted via CB10 on the Presidenr Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    01-11-15 10:33 PM
    [QUtOTE=BK_NY_RAY;11251201]Thanks for this. I didn't know the Classic was taller than Z10. I hope it's not a deal breaker. I was leaning towards a Passport but now the Classic is looking good.

I'm going to try to test them out first.

Does the Classic have all the features from all the previous BlackBerry 10 phones? For example, Miracast, wifi direct, those speaker and sounds technology and features of Z30 and anything else I missed maybe from Passport? Lol.

Thank you.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

"Miracast, wifi direct, those speaker and sounds technology and features of Z30"

Yes, except one speaker compare to Z 30

From Classic
    01-12-15 08:43 AM