Hey I am the developer of Work Wide (see the many CB articles here if you are unfamiliar with the app: Work Wide | CrackBerry.com) and wanted to get some feedback from Classic users. While I have always been the first to say that Work Wide was designed for the Passport, I honestly believe the second best experience is on the Classic. Sure the screen is not as big as the Passport but 3.5in is plenty big for dual screens. Also I have tried to use the toolbelt as effectively as possible to help streamline the user experience. I even bought a Classic for testing to make sure everything worked as it should. And obviously the Classic has the great QWERTY us BlackBerry users love which doesn't interfere with screen real estate.

So to that point I wonder why my Classic sales are less than one tenth that of Passport even though they say Classic devices have sold just as well as Passport devices. Is it a concern about screen size? Is it something that is missing from the app? Is there something Classic users would like to see?

P.S. Mods feel free to move this to the "apps" section but I posted it here because I was curious about Classic users and figured this would be the best place.

Posted via CB10
    Taigatrommel and JanuarJaguar like this.
    08-09-15 03:13 PM
    I suppose it's a mix of price and smaller screen - "is it worth it on my Classic?" These are my thoughts...being a (private) Classic user.

I definitely would have given it a try if there would be a 30 day trial version, or a free version with ads, just to try.

Classic from .2339 down to .858
    08-09-15 03:29 PM
    Honestly the small screen on the classic is small enough without adding a split screen to it. Imo, so that's why I didn't bother trying it. Also the 3.99 price tag "just to try it" isn't very appealing.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    08-09-15 04:00 PM
    It's always great when a developer asks for direct critic and opinions on his app, so I really appreciate your step.
    As for the question, I owned the Passport for more than half a year and more or less switched to the Classic for now. The Passport simply has the better screen, it is not only that additional inch of sheer size, but the higher resolution of 1440x1440 shows much more content. I simply can't imagine that an app like Work Wide would be any good on a not only rather small 3.5" screen, but also one which lacks in sheer resolution.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 05:11 PM
    Thanks for the feedback so far (hope to continue to hear more from others).

Ya the lower resolution on the Classic is the biggest bummer. And noted about the price... perhaps I can run a sale in the near future for those folks on the fence.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 05:21 PM
    I bought it for the Classic. Very cool that you are asking. I really don't use it.

I really do like the idea. But I just have not found an effective way to use it.

I did notice if I have sms open on one side, and browser open on the other, I can select a browser image and share, it sends the actual image. Not just the standard web link. However, recipient cannot view it. Says "unsupported file type"

Thank you and have a great day.

 Classic
    08-09-15 07:21 PM
    If I had the Passport, I would get the app. But on my Classic, it is just too small IMO.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 10:55 PM
    I don't mind the smaller size, and I would buy it if I were able to give it a try for free. That might not be reasonable, but that's what my first reaction is.
    08-10-15 07:21 AM