I have a Q10 that works fine but the microUSB port no longer lets me charge it. I'm guessing that it's just wear and tear from being plugged in whenever I was going to have more than ten minutes to charge. I originally avoided the Classic because of the fixed battery and how I've used 3 so far in six years of using the Q10. But if I kill the port from frequent charging it's almost as much trouble as it might be to replace the Classic's battery. Quick side question, have there been many posts on whether or not an average user can replace the Classic battery?

Anyway, my question is regarding the new (to me, just found out) ability to use one of two types of wireless charging. How much slower is the wireless charging speed compared to directly plugging it in to a standard 2.1A charger?

Thanks for the fact that physics always shows TANSTAAFL I just always figure that there's a serious Power loss while I've up to now ignored the general concept since I couldn't envision much need for the info. Thanks!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    08-11-17 03:32 AM
    Apparently the best wireless charging technology varies depending on the particular model of the Classic: https://help.blackberry.com/en/black...722640609.html

My guess is you'll find it quite slow compared to wired charging. Hopefully someone who uses wireless charging on the Classic can give you some actual times.
    On the other hand, if it is more convenient, you may find you have no issues leaving it charging longer / more often.

Beyond speed, it will theoretically take more power, as more is being wasted. I wouldn't worry about this though, as the amount of power used by a phone is really insignificant. The only exception being when charging from a portable power bank.
    anon(1723145) likes this.
    08-11-17 10:10 AM
    I'd figured that there had to be losses and lower efficiency, I was partially trying to get a feel for whether or not you felt both or if it was even 50% as fast as plugged in. As is, I am fairly certain that none of the faster charging technologies are available for any BB10 device. TANSTAAFL- There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    08-11-17 10:38 AM