I went into a wind mobile store and confirmed they won't be getting new BlackBerry's but, there spectrum is 1700, 2100, so does anyone know if classic will Use this band? If not I won't be able to get one :/ I can't afford the other carriers in Canada. Maybe T?Mobile will come to Canada with BlackBerry. lol

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 04:24 PM
    I'm sure that they will get the classic.

Maybe not the Passport, but probably the classic.

However, if they do not offer it, most BB10 phones in Canada can be used on all Canadian carriers, the Q10 being an exception right now.

So it will take some quick research, but if the classic follows the other devices, and uses the same bands, as it should, probably can pick it up from Telus/Bell/Rogers or any other and unlock it.

That's how I got my Z30 on Wind.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 04:52 PM
    i wouldn't put too much faith in those ppl working at the store they told me no and then preceeded to tell me bby wasnt making phones anymore lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-19-14 04:54 PM
    Food for thought, they advertise the Z10 in the store but they only sell Q10...

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 04:57 PM
    i wouldn't put too much faith in those ppl working at the store they told me no and then preceeded to tell me bby wasnt making phones anymore lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    He is spot on.

Wind mobile employees are the most uneducated of all mobile company's. Don't listen to a thing they say. They just want people to buy on the spot and activate new accounts. He was giving you the wrong information knowing that they dont have it at the moment hoping you would settle for something they have in stock. I also heard they pay their employees in bananas because they are all a bunch of monkeys.
    acovey likes this.
    09-19-14 11:01 PM
    Hmm interesting but it's a possibility that he was correct because they never even got the Z30

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 11:25 PM
    I think most companies that sell phones will say they won't be carrying new BlackBerry's so they can sell you something else and activate as they get paid more then selling a BlackBerry. Not just Wind. Look around, virgin, best buy mobile and all the other booths in the malls!

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    09-19-14 11:29 PM
    If BlackBerry continues their trend, you'll be able to buy it directly from them on online.
    09-20-14 07:28 PM
    I think most companies that sell phones will say they won't be carrying new BlackBerry's so they can sell you something else and activate as they get paid more then selling a BlackBerry. Not just Wind. Look around, virgin, best buy mobile and all the other booths in the malls!

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    Not necessarily true. Hardware really doesn't matter at all for the carrier. As long as your signing a contract, that's more valuable to the carrier. They could care less what device you end up getting. As long as its a smartphone, with a data plan, with a 2 year contract, plus an upsell on the plan, plus adding some features to the plan, and getting an accessory and warranty would really seal the deal and provide a ton of commission. After reading a lot of the carrier discussions, I find it hard to believe that people still don't know how they operate.
    09-20-14 11:10 PM
    Depending on what plan you have, buying from Wind isn't the best deal either. The $35 plan only provides a $150 tab right now, which isn't crazy (although any subsidy is nice).

You can always buy and unlock. Wind usually prices a little bit higher, so in reality you might only be paying $100 more than you would a Wind device anyways. If it means you get the BlackBerry you want, it's worth it.

I was at a Wind store 10 days ago and the guy said he didn't know if they'd be carrying the Passport. I think that was the honest answer.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 08:26 AM
    Depending on what plan you have, buying from Wind isn't the best deal either. The $35 plan only provides a $150 tab right now, which isn't crazy (although any subsidy is nice).

You can always buy and unlock. Wind usually prices a little bit higher, so in reality you might only be paying $100 more than you would a Wind device anyways. If it means you get the BlackBerry you want, it's worth it.

I was at a Wind store 10 days ago and the guy said he didn't know if they'd be carrying the Passport. I think that was the honest answer.

Posted via CB10
    Wind is the best deal for me. I got a 29 dollar plan 3 years ago and still have it. Global text, unlimited data, global talk.

Posted On A Wind Mobile Z10 Bought On Launch Day! STL100-3
    09-24-14 08:22 PM
    Hopefully it's not as bad as the Q10. Trying to find a used SQN100-5 for as cheap as I'm aiming is almost impossible. I can find the 100-1 or 100-3 super easily, mind.

Actually bought a phone listed as a T-mobile model and it still ended up being a 100-1.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 03:36 PM