05-01-15 01:59 AM
37 12
tools
    I don't understand why they can't announce whether the white classic will be sold in North America or not. Does it all depend on how many units they sell overseas?
    04-28-15 12:17 AM
    Ya I don't get it. Canadian company launching in China. Sweet.
    04-28-15 01:35 AM
    I just got a notification that Clove in the UK will have the White classic shipping from the 29th April. Pre-orders happening now
    04-28-15 06:13 AM
    Judging by the fact that the announcement doesn't say anything about other countries/locations in the future after the named countries in the "coming weeks" and the fact that during the Classic Insider Event they said "The white BlackBerry Classic is coming to selected markets" I would say it's a safe bet that the White is NOT coming to the US and Canada.

Which means the Blue and Bronze most certainly will not be either. The blue is what I have been holding out for, and I refuse to buy a black one on the principal that they got my hopes up by announcing the blue. If the blue doesn't come to the US/Verizon, I'm buying an Android, and blackberry will have lost yet another customer due to its constant BS. I've stuck with blackberry way too long, suffering with this 9930's horrid browser and lack of app/4G support, all for a physical keyboard/toolbelt and its just not worth it anymore.
    04-28-15 08:55 AM
    Judging by the fact that the announcement doesn't say anything about other countries/locations in the future after the named countries in the "coming weeks" and the fact that during the Classic Insider Event they said "The white BlackBerry Classic is coming to selected markets" I would say it's a safe bet that the White is NOT coming to the US and Canada.

Which means the Blue and Bronze most certainly will not be either. The blue is what I have been holding out for, and I refuse to buy a black one on the principal that they got my hopes up by announcing the blue. If the blue doesn't come to the US/Verizon, I'm buying an Android, and blackberry will have lost yet another customer due to its constant BS. I've stuck with blackberry way too long, suffering with this 9930's horrid browser and lack of app/4G support, all for a physical keyboard/toolbelt and its just not worth it anymore.
    Nice female logic, and total lack of facts.
    Do you even hear yourself.
    Good gravy....
    So they make a White, expensive, niche device (Passport) available to North America, but (as you seem to have figured out) no color of any kind, except Black, for the Classic..... that is easily going to outsell the Passport for obvious reasons and shouldn't need a follow up response.
    Yeah....ok....
    I'll send you some pictures of my Bronze Classic soon. Enjoy that other phone you are getting.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 02:42 PM
    Nice female logic, and total lack of facts.
    Do you even hear yourself.
    Good gravy....
    So they make a White, expensive, niche device (Passport) available to North America, but (as you seem to have figured out) no color of any kind, except Black, for the Classic..... that is easily going to outsell the Passport for obvious reasons and shouldn't need a follow up response.
    Yeah....ok....
    I'll send you some pictures of my Bronze Classic soon. Enjoy that other phone you are getting.

Posted via CB10
    Female logic? No facts? We don't have any facts because blackberry doesnt provide any details that we can trust. Not sure what you are trying to say with your part about the Passport, but I'd say it further proves my point....

The passport, this niche device as you say, which will easily outsell the Classic, is the one winning tons of top phone awards out there. It also sold very well in the US for a steady period of time, where as the Classic had initial nice sales, and than took a nosedive.

The passport than CAME OUT IN WHITE IN NORTH AMERICA, followed by the Red, where as the White Classic has now been shown that it is not coming to NA. The white, bronze, and blue were announced together, as coming to select markets, with the white coming first. We have now received the announcement that the White is coming, but not to NA, so it is very logical to assume the bronze and blue as well will not come to NA.

It is very likely what happened, is with the passport coming out first, they released the color variations there before this huge sales slump hit. With the sales for both phones now being below expectations, they delayed the white/bronze/blue Classic (white/red passport were already out) to re-asses where, if at all they should release the color variations. Thus the 1 month delay. They then decided the white demand in the US wouldn't meet the production costs, but in other markets it may. THIS is logical my friend, and following that logic it is also very logical to assume the blue/bronze will follow suit.

If you are in the US, I hope you can send me some pictures of a Bronze Classic soon, but I'd say its a pretty safe bet that they won't be sold here. And even if by some miracle they are, what are the chances of a CDMA one being made for Verizon?
    Q10Bold likes this.
    04-28-15 03:05 PM
    Female logic? No facts? We don't have any facts because blackberry doesnt provide any details that we can trust. Not sure what you are trying to say with your part about the Passport, but I'd say it further proves my point....

The passport, this niche device as you say, which will easily outsell the Classic, is the one winning tons of top phone awards out there. It also sold very well in the US for a steady period of time, where as the Classic had initial nice sales, and than took a nosedive.

The passport than CAME OUT IN WHITE IN NORTH AMERICA, followed by the Red, where as the White Classic has now been shown that it is not coming to NA. The white, bronze, and blue were announced together, as coming to select markets, with the white coming first. We have now received the announcement that the White is coming, but not to NA, so it is very logical to assume the bronze and blue as well will not come to NA.

It is very likely what happened, is with the passport coming out first, they released the color variations there before this huge sales slump hit. With the sales for both phones now being below expectations, they delayed the white/bronze/blue Classic (white/red passport were already out) to re-asses where, if at all they should release the color variations. Thus the 1 month delay. They then decided the white demand in the US wouldn't meet the production costs, but in other markets it may. THIS is logical my friend, and following that logic it is also very logical to assume the blue/bronze will follow suit.

If you are in the US, I hope you can send me some pictures of a Bronze Classic soon, but I'd say its a pretty safe bet that they won't be sold here. And even if by some miracle they are, what are the chances of a CDMA one being made for Verizon?
    Your conspiracy theory has no credibility.
    Zero. Show me the direct BlackBerry statement showing these magical facts.
    You can't because you are speculating.

Posted via CB10

Edit: the Classic will outsell the niche Passport which has multiple colors.
    Perhaps my wording caused some confusion on that point.
    Last edited by awindsr; 04-28-15 at 05:45 PM.
    04-28-15 04:09 PM
    Your conspiracy theory has no credibility.
    Zero. Show me the direct BlackBerry statement showing these magical facts.
    You can't because you are speculating.

Posted via CB10

Edit: the Classic will outsell the niche Passport which has multiple colors.
    Perhaps my wording caused some confusion on that point.
    The black classic outselling the passport in different colors means absolutely nothing for the classic coming out in other colors in North America. The announcement of the white classic has already been made, with no mention whatsoever of North America. In comparison, when the white and red passports were announced, North America was specifically called out as one of the first locations it would be sold.

BlackBerry Passport Available Now for Pre-Order in Red & White Colors | Inside BlackBerry

Why specifically call out North America for the passport but not the classic, unless you decided not to release the classic in NA?

Now yes, you're right, this doesn't mean for sure that the blue/bronze will follow suit with the white, but based on the fact the blue/bronze have been delayed just like the white was, the white which again, is not coming out in North America, we can assume, or yes, even speculate that the blue/bronze won't either. Again, I hope I'm wrong.

It's not a "conspiracy theory", it's actually probably a wise business decision for Blackberry if they don't see the demand for the other colored classics in NA. It's just too bad for us.
    04-29-15 07:28 AM
    The black classic outselling the passport in different colors means absolutely nothing for the classic coming out in other colors in North America. The announcement of the white classic has already been made, with no mention whatsoever of North America. In comparison, when the white and red passports were announced, North America was specifically called out as one of the first locations it would be sold.

BlackBerry Passport Available Now for Pre-Order in Red & White Colors | Inside BlackBerry

Why specifically call out North America for the passport but not the classic, unless you decided not to release the classic in NA?

Now yes, you're right, this doesn't mean for sure that the blue/bronze will follow suit with the white, but based on the fact the blue/bronze have been delayed just like the white was, the white which again, is not coming out in North America, we can assume, or yes, even speculate that the blue/bronze won't either. Again, I hope I'm wrong.

It's not a "conspiracy theory", it's actually probably a wise business decision for Blackberry if they don't see the demand for the other colored classics in NA. It's just too bad for us.
    It seems that BlackBerry are jumping around the globe with device launches.
    Like the Passport, they can't do global launches everywhere at once. With the classic already out, they can show certain regions a perceived preferential treatment, retaining the ,"BlackBerry consider us important " feel, while still staying in the news constantly. BlackBerry is getting global news regularly now, and it isn't predominantly negative. A large difference between the classic and Passport, is the audience. The Passport is a news grabber, and a rather pricey phone that will sell better in areas with more disposable income like the UK and North America , not Africa and Indonesia and India. The classic has a multi purpose.
    Converting BBOS users to BB10 cost effectively and globally. Price conscious fleet phone (ex: the Leap) for business, and hopefully lure some previous owners of BB back to the fold without raping their wallets. Color of the classic is unimportant to business. Color is important to consumers. With offset deployment, most everyone will have access to them and BlackBerry gets more timely news. North Americans are a class of people who expect everything to be either launched there first, or at the same time globally. BlackBerry isn't rolling in money and can't just give everyone what they expect at the times they want it. But any misstep made immediately brings out the, "BlackBerry can't do anything right " naysayers and tantrums follow. There's no reason to not release all color variants of the phone as BlackBerry aren't going to be saddled with large inventories anymore with the manufacturing deals in place now.
    None of this means that the impatient consumers won't say the heck with them, but if the color of a phone is the lynch pin of a person's reason to leave a platform, then that is a pretty sad reality for any manufacturer . You are stressing over nothing. As far as Verizon goes, who bloody well knows if they will sell anything but Black. Canada is still a supporter of BlackBerry and is its home base, and doesn't even have the white version yet. It certainly doesn't mean that you should read into or assume that it isn't going to show up. Until definitive statements from BlackBerry themselves, or other trusted sources claim to know otherwise, you should expect arrival. The blue and bronze version should also appear, but maybe in a limited capacity or only as a purchase directly from BlackBerry online. Black versions should always be the biggest and most accessible version of a BlackBerry to get. Color sales are a roll of the dice but the blue and bronze look great and offer some flash and flair for the smaller crowd who desire something different.
    I definitely would not expect Verizon to offer the blue and bronze as the American carriers seem cautious when it comes to BB. But I have a positive feeling about them being on shopblackberry.com and available for outright purchase unlocked.
    I would be shocked to not see them appear in some capacity in North America.
    Fingers crossed. I want to see them in person.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 07:12 PM
    It seems that BlackBerry are jumping around the globe with device launches.
    Like the Passport, they can't do global launches everywhere at once. With the classic already out, they can show certain regions a perceived preferential treatment, retaining the ,"BlackBerry consider us important " feel, while still staying in the news constantly. BlackBerry is getting global news regularly now, and it isn't predominantly negative. A large difference between the classic and Passport, is the audience. The Passport is a news grabber, and a rather pricey phone that will sell better in areas with more disposable income like the UK and North America , not Africa and Indonesia and India. The classic has a multi purpose.
    Converting BBOS users to BB10 cost effectively and globally. Price conscious fleet phone (ex: the Leap) for business, and hopefully lure some previous owners of BB back to the fold without raping their wallets. Color of the classic is unimportant to business. Color is important to consumers. With offset deployment, most everyone will have access to them and BlackBerry gets more timely news. North Americans are a class of people who expect everything to be either launched there first, or at the same time globally. BlackBerry isn't rolling in money and can't just give everyone what they expect at the times they want it. But any misstep made immediately brings out the, "BlackBerry can't do anything right " naysayers and tantrums follow. There's no reason to not release all color variants of the phone as BlackBerry aren't going to be saddled with large inventories anymore with the manufacturing deals in place now.
    None of this means that the impatient consumers won't say the heck with them, but if the color of a phone is the lynch pin of a person's reason to leave a platform, then that is a pretty sad reality for any manufacturer . You are stressing over nothing. As far as Verizon goes, who bloody well knows if they will sell anything but Black. Canada is still a supporter of BlackBerry and is its home base, and doesn't even have the white version yet. It certainly doesn't mean that you should read into or assume that it isn't going to show up. Until definitive statements from BlackBerry themselves, or other trusted sources claim to know otherwise, you should expect arrival. The blue and bronze version should also appear, but maybe in a limited capacity or only as a purchase directly from BlackBerry online. Black versions should always be the biggest and most accessible version of a BlackBerry to get. Color sales are a roll of the dice but the blue and bronze look great and offer some flash and flair for the smaller crowd who desire something different.
    I definitely would not expect Verizon to offer the blue and bronze as the American carriers seem cautious when it comes to BB. But I have a positive feeling about them being on shopblackberry.com and available for outright purchase unlocked.
    I would be shocked to not see them appear in some capacity in North America.
    Fingers crossed. I want to see them in person.

Posted via CB10
    Excellent post, and you make a great point about the Passport and why we would see it's color variations in North America. I just hope you're right and it will eventually make it's way to shop.blackberry or even possibly carriers.

One of the biggest gripes that all of us have is the waiting/lack of information from blackberry. One thing you said, about seeing definitive statements from blackberry, is that even if they decide not to release the White, Blue, & Bronze in NA at all, there would still never be a statement. It's like business management 101 that you don't make statements like that, because customers hearing no pushes them away. If the decision is made not to release the 3 colors in NA, nothing will be said, and we will be stuck waiting until we all give up and get something else.

But yea, fingers crossed. That blue is damn sexy.
    awindsr likes this.
    04-30-15 01:03 PM
    How about you two get a room.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 08:19 PM
    Keep in mind other markets also have been left empty handed, the majority of Central Europe isn't mentioned for example.

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    05-01-15 01:59 AM
37 12