I think BlackBerry nailed it with this phone. Let me give a bit of back story. The first BlackBerry I looked at was the pearl. Back when I was a teen and depended on my parents to make purchases for me. Of course, you had to have a BES account and that was unnecessary cost to the phone bill so I never owned a blackberry until the Bold 9900. I gave up my iPhone 4s. I absolutely loved that phone. I felt like it was a staple to my look. You have your nice shoes, watch, tie, and that sleek black qwerty. I missed apps like instagram so I then went back to iPhone with the 5,5s, and now the 6 plus. I picked up the q10 for a month in between iPhones and was incredibly disappointed. I expected a higher build quality and overall premium finish. Well, I received my new Classic 2 days ago AND I LOVE IT! I carry my 6 plus for snapchat but that is basically it... I just wanted to share my story with everyone. I had no business related experience with BlackBerry. As someone with a decent amount of social media followers, I have defiantly peaked interests among my friends with some of the post I've been making. I really think BlackBerry can turn it around with this phone and a good team of advertisers! They need to put more focus of the Classic next go round with better specs and a MUCH better front facing camera, but other than that...I'm defiantly a BlackBerry loyalist again!

The Classic is...well Classic-img_0803.png

The Classic is...well Classic-img_0802.png

The Classic is...well Classic-img_0801.png

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 11:21 AM
    Nice, you should be able to get snapchat on the Classic through Snap or the Amazon app store so you can ditch the iPhone 6 all together if you want.

Posted via CB10
    Barger01 likes this.
    12-20-14 11:24 AM
    Nice, you should be able to get snapchat on the Classic through Snap or the Amazon app store so you can ditch the iPhone 6 all together if you want.

Posted via CB10
    I had downloaded it but It was sluggish and pretty much unusable. Blackberry really should have put beefier specs that what they did, simply do to android emulation. I was playing temple run 2 earlier and it was working great until I got a phone call. I went back to the app afterwards and it loaded right up at the same spot but the performance was hindered big time. It never fully recovered. I'm amazed at the implementation of android with BB10, however it takes specs to work the android part effectively.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 01:37 PM
    Sorry dude, the Classic is NOT for playing games.

Posted via CB10
    Jason Marshall likes this.
    12-20-14 01:53 PM
    Sorry dude, the Classic is NOT for playing games.

Posted via CB10
    I'm well aware, but if blackberry wants to succeed...they need to fit as much as possible into their devices. I have had 4 or 5 friends play with it since it came out and they fire up temple run or pintrest and it is sluggish. I can see the interest go away within that moment. I just think they can be so much more successful if they wouldn't skimp on the hardware required to make a sell to the younger generations. They are a business company now and I understand that, but they want success and in order to do that...they need a few ship jumpers from iPhone to make it happen.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 02:00 PM
    You're awesome for making the chance!

I myself just got the Classic and absolutely agree on the Q10. Loose battery cover and scratched bezel is not what I expected from BB with the 9900 in mind and with the Classic they just got it right again. This device is just so useful and I love easy and productive you can be again with the added trackpad.

That said, I still have an iPhone for photos and snapchat/instagram and will give you a follow on the latter
    01-03-15 07:05 PM
    Did I read 'while driving' in your IG post? That's just bad man.. no matter what phone you're using or what you're doing. Don't wake the assumption that it is OK to operate a phone while driving, it's up there next to drunk driving.

On a less serious note, welcome back to the club! There seems to appear an evil grin on my face whenever I read someone jumping back on the bandwagon. Who's next?!

Posted from my Square Monstrosity!
    Carmels and CarGuy1368 like this.
    01-04-15 08:03 AM
    Did I read 'while driving' in your IG post? That's just bad man.. no matter what phone you're using or what you're doing. Don't wake the assumption that it is OK to operate a phone while driving, it's up there next to drunk driving.
    I guess that's a bit harsh! I jumped from my Z10 to the Q10 because I don't have to look at the phone while typing - and this is the key to safe phone use on the go.

Changing the climate, radio program or adjusting the temperature is all a lot more dangerous as you have to look away from the street to what you are doing.

Posted via CB10
    mfurman likes this.
    01-04-15 08:25 AM
    I guess that's a bit harsh! I jumped from my Z10 to the Q10 because I don't have to look at the phone while typing - and this is the key to safe phone use on the go.

Changing the climate, radio program or adjusting the temperature is all a lot more dangerous as you have to look away from the street to what you are doing.
    It's not just about taking your eyes off the road. You gotta be ready to react to any type of situation while driving. Even if you're typing while driving and your eyes are on the road, you won't be able to react as your focus isn't on point. Needless to say your hands aren't ready to react either. And even if you don't look at your phone while typing, there's always that one split second you do look at your phone to see if the tasks you were working on is completed.

Now I don't wanna steel OP's shine and get off-topic too much in this thread, but I'm saying these things because I've seen what operating electronic devices while driving does and can do. And it's not worth it, ever.

01-04-15 08:36 AM
    Now I don't wanna steel OP's shine and get off-topic too much in this thread, but I'm saying these things because I've seen what operating electronic devices while driving does and can do.
    The same as operating any other devices in the car will do. You can not just blame phones on this. I only type with one hand and drive automatic so the focus is comparatively improved. But yes, let's go back on topic

Posted via CB10
    mfurman likes this.
    01-04-15 08:51 AM
    The same as operating any other devices in the car will do. You can not just blame phones on this. I only type with one hand and drive automatic so the focus is comparatively improved. But yes, let's go back on topic

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, that's why I said 'operating electronic devices'.

01-04-15 09:04 AM
    Doesn't texting while driving now cause more accidents than driving under the influence? I don't understand what possibly can be that important that you'd risk that instead of simply waiting a few minutes. If you have to, reply during a red light...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    alexmartins likes this.
    01-04-15 11:17 AM
    Doesn't texting while driving now cause more accidents than driving under the influence? I don't understand what possibly can be that important that you'd risk that instead of simply waiting a few minutes. If you have to, reply during a red light...

Exactly my point!

01-04-15 11:31 AM
    Or it could use a headset to reply so his hands would not touch the keyboard. Maybe for one key

From Classic
    01-04-15 01:54 PM
    Doesn't texting while driving now cause more accidents than driving under the influence?
    I absolutely believe that, seeing how most sheeple can't even text while walking.

Seeing how many soccer mom's apply makeup at 85mph in the middle lane in their Acura SUVs, there are a hundred things more dangerous than using your BlackBerry while driving.

Posted via CB10
    L o r d R a j and mfurman like this.
    01-04-15 02:01 PM
    Well, but let me not say anything since I do make phone calls while driving. So I won't argue over degrees of distractions...

01-04-15 04:12 PM
    So you have Verizon for your iPhone? Just curious about your carrier for the Classic. I'm looking for an alternate carrier, and may go the MVNO route. I currently use a Verizon Z30 on at&t and an iPhone 6 Plus on at&t as well.
    01-04-15 04:43 PM
    Could you not tether to an iPod Touch or something for Snapchat and Instagram
    01-11-15 10:51 AM
    You can install snapchat through the Google Play Store... but you need to install the play store first.

 Classic
    01-11-15 11:16 AM
    I'm well aware, but if blackberry wants to succeed...they need to fit as much as possible into their devices. I have had 4 or 5 friends play with it since it came out and they fire up temple run or pintrest and it is sluggish. I can see the interest go away within that moment. I just think they can be so much more successful if they wouldn't skimp on the hardware required to make a sell to the younger generations. They are a business company now and I understand that, but they want success and in order to do that...they need a few ship jumpers from iPhone to make it happen.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed! I love BlackBerry's direction and business model. However they can't forget that even enterprise and or small medium business consumers, will have some down-time from working that will need to be filled in every once and awhile. So if they pick up their BlackBerry's for that odd time filler like posting on Instagram or playing a game of Temple Run then the Android integration needs to perform as well on a BlackBerry as apps for productivity do.

Some times that's as simple as having Z30 specs with greater GPU or going with more RAM. But that integration experience matters whether your a consumer or corporate user.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    01-11-15 12:18 PM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Glad you liked the classic OP.

BlackBerry has a great phone and if they can improve on in with classic II a year from now, with better specs and camera, then they will win over many people.. consumers and professionals....who love the classic form factor and belt...

From my awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    wilber1 likes this.
    01-11-15 12:27 PM
    Do you think a possible solution could just be to keep some sort of iPod Touch or something tethered and use that for games/snapchat/instagram. I know its not all in one package but maybe thats a work around? I love the whole business orientated email, physical keyboard etc. but want to still be able to use apps. Then again, could aways carry 2 phones :P
    01-11-15 12:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    Come on man! Don't be trying to justify using your phone while driving because you have a physical keyboard. It's just not going to hold up in court if you hit, hurt or even worse kill someone because of your tomfoolery!

And you're right, fiddling around with the radio or climate controls while driving is just as bad and should be avoided. You didn't get your license to operate a motor vehicle while operating a phone or any other other controls in the car, so what makes you think it's ok to drive in that manner now?

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    01-11-15 12:57 PM

There are certain jobs that force you to send quick messages when driving. Blackberry is the best device for it and one hand typing is always the first test, I perform on any smartphone.
    MaxxxBerry23 likes this.
    01-11-15 02:03 PM

It is also illegal in certain places. I saw worse things than typing when driving.
    01-11-15 02:10 PM
37 12