Don't know...

I am still leaning towards, now having grown accustomed to the BB10 on the Q10, that a tool belt is unnecessary. I think I like the size of the classic, but likely without the tool belt would have excited me. And I am, or rather was, a devoted 9900 fan. I think it better to continue moving forward with BB10. Frankly do not see how the combination of tool belt and BB10 would work efficiently...I think we will end up with a hybrid that is neither as good as BB0S nor BB10.

Having said that, willing to wait and try before final judgement.
    10-12-14 11:04 PM
    I love the word 'Classic' on the back... but I don't love the rubberized back or the tool belt. It's just personal preference. I'll stick with my Q10.
    10-12-14 11:52 PM
    Don't know...

I am still leaning towards, now having grown accustomed to the BB10 on the Q10, that a tool belt is unnecessary. I think I like the size of the classic, but likely without the tool belt would have excited me. And I am, or rather was, a devoted 9900 fan. I think it better to continue moving forward with BB10. Frankly do not see how the combination of tool belt and BB10 would work efficiently...I think we will end up with a hybrid that is neither as good as BB0S nor BB10.

Having said that, willing to wait and try before final judgement.
    Um, and how is that possible with all of the same gestures and all of the same functions still in the phone? If you use it without touching the toolbelt, it'll be exactly the same as using a Q10, how could it possibly somehow be worse? The toolbelt only ADDS features, it didn't replace anything...
    bigjman and anon(9184750) like this.
    10-12-14 11:52 PM
    Obviously not having used a Classic yet, the simple answer is I don't know.

However, it would seem to only add duplication to the phone. And it would seemingly add real estate that could interfere with the ease of gestures. Will have to wait until one can actually try the phone.
    10-13-14 04:30 AM
    Um, and how is that possible with all of the same gestures and all of the same functions still in the phone? If you use it without touching the toolbelt, it'll be exactly the same as using a Q10, how could it possibly somehow be worse? The toolbelt only ADDS features, it didn't replace anything...
    Just t having the instant phone dial-hang up features are worth it alone. I do not like the way the Q10 handles the phone. Its sluggish and hibernate having to shake or swipe the touch screen to wake ending calls. Also, all notifications should be slave when calls are in process. Annoying when trying to end a call you have 3 or 4 calendar reminders to close out just to hang up the phone!!!!
    Frehley, Mr4aces and DeliFresser like this.
    10-13-14 04:51 AM
    why is it taking so long to get this phone released? Blackberry needs sales badly, the only way to do that is to get the product out to the consumers? Other brands dont seem to go through all of this drama to get a phone released, look how man LG, Samsung HTC are lout there? Does any one know a FIRM date this phone will be for sale either from the Blackberry site or from Amazon or what US carrier will offer it? I want this phone and am just very frustrated that it is taking so long to be able to get it!!
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-13-14 05:51 AM
    ****e the other company's have not just released a flagship phone I will wait until late November until I start bitchin !!
    why is it taking so long to get this phone released? Blackberry needs sales badly, the only way to do that is to get the product out to the consumers? Other brands dont seem to go through all of this drama to get a phone released, look how man LG, Samsung HTC are lout there? Does any one know a FIRM date this phone will be for sale either from the Blackberry site or from Amazon or what US carrier will offer it? I want this phone and am just very frustrated that it is taking so long to be able to get it!!
    10-13-14 08:50 AM
    I'm in love

Posted via CB10
    topherparker likes this.
    10-13-14 08:52 AM
    i cant wait , please come....
    10-14-14 11:01 PM

Stl-1 10.3.0.1418
    10-14-14 11:13 PM
    @DHabkirk: how many rows and how many columns of app are going to be shown in the app grid?

Your newest review shows 5 apps per row (which would be awesome), but how many row are going to be shown in total?

The "Classic" - **WARNING: Graphic Content**-img_20141015_105343.png

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    10-15-14 03:56 AM
    It looks like the best legacy BBOS phone ever made.

But that could be a problem for it rather than a benefit.

2 years of looking at a new BlackBerry phone, seeing the toolbelt and thinking "old legacy BlackBerry = stay away" might do this phone some harm.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3247 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    UrbanGlowCam and Mr4aces like this.
    10-15-14 04:02 AM
    The legacy design and belt are a huge plus in my books, but I went with the Q10, because the Classic is physically enormous by comparison to what I wanted. I am totally fine with the screen size and chassis size of the 9900, it's exactly what I want from a phone, apart from BBOS7... yeah, don't want that any more. lol...
    10-15-14 11:11 AM
    I think he might like the Visa
    10-15-14 11:42 AM
    The legacy design and belt are a huge plus in my books, but I went with the Q10, because the Classic is physically enormous by comparison to what I wanted. I am totally fine with the screen size and chassis size of the 9900, it's exactly what I want from a phone, apart from BBOS7... yeah, don't want that any more. lol...
    Exactly on 7. LOL
    10-15-14 04:56 PM
    Lol, ^^^^ this.

Classic does look nice. But I will stick with the all touch ones.
    Is there a replacement for the z10 coming out?

CB10/Z10
    10-16-14 11:19 PM
    @DHabkirk: how many rows and how many columns of app are going to be shown in the app grid?
    It will be a 5x3 grid structure, so 15 icons per pane. It is identical to the Q10 in that sense. The 10.3.1 simulator and all of the Classic image leaks prove this.
    koebi90 likes this.
    10-16-14 11:36 PM
    [QUOTE=koebi90;10972570]@DHabkirk: how many rows and how many columns of app are going to be shown in the app grid? [QUOTE]

Same as the Q10: 5 columns, 3 rows.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 02:58 AM
    Added those Smart Mania pics from the recent CrackBerry article... I'm going to die, I swear... Need this Classic *crack*Berry in my life!!!
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-18-14 06:46 PM
    This is a very nice looking phone. I am digging it completely. I am sitting at a waiting room now surrounded by people with iphones and i feel special with my BlackBerry in hand!

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-19-14 10:41 AM
    Lighted trackpad...The "Classic" - **WARNING: Graphic Content**-featured_classic.png
    Mr4aces and Plazmic Flame like this.
    10-20-14 08:34 AM
    Lighted trackpad...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FEATURED_CLASSIC.png 
Views:	1528 
Size:	276.6 KB 
ID:	307673
    Where did you get it? Any official BlackBerry statement yet?

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    10-20-14 10:00 AM
    I can't think of any instance where I would need a lighted trackpad.
    Your thumb would completely cover it up.
    And with the keypad and the screen kit up, there would be enough light to see where it was, and once you are using it, it isn't like the keyboard where you are moving from one key to another.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 12:26 PM
    Exactly, so if current phones are already thin enough, why is it such an industry obsession to get thinner and thinner?
    Because people associate thinness with qalities like elegance. It is the current fashion and if BlackBerry ignores that it makes them seem old-fashioned, which they already have a problem with. Just like the trend towards flattened UI.
    10-20-14 01:26 PM
    Expect them to be nearly identical in size. I think the Classic is slightly wider. Height and thinness should be about the same.
    The Classic is very close to the size of a Nexus 4 so you can definitey feel how it is wider than the Z10.
    10-20-14 01:28 PM
158 ... 34567