Let's move on, serves no purpose to publicly debate your ability to inductively reason. My only point is I like a thin phone. The Classic (as pictured in leaks) is thin enough for me, but I'll gladly take an extra 2mm thinner any day, assuming of course there's not a feature tradeoff here, and certainly not a significant battery life tradeoff. The Q10 was thin and light, and did not have any issues with how it sat in my pocket, looked on a table, felt in a briefcase, looked on my desk, etc. Ironically, it was the weight (lack of) that made it feel a little less "sturdy". Less of a "thunk" and more of a "poof" when I'd drop it into the cupholder in the car or set on the desk. Even in my pants pocket, I'd sometimes forget its there when I'd have money clip, earphones, work badge, etc. It just wasn't that big and with little weight I'd find myself forgetting it for a few seconds. Of course I could feel it in my pocket, but it took a quick second whereas with other phones they were so heavy I was constantly (ugh) reminded they were in my pocket.
    Exactly, so if current phones are already thin enough, why is it such an industry obsession to get thinner and thinner? Of course there are feature trade-offs for that. For example, whatever battery size fits in the Classic now, if it was slightly thicker, like Q10 thick, it'll still be thin enough to not bother you, but it'll likely fit a slightly larger battery as well... So really, what would the point be to make it thinner? Once it's already "thin enough" as current phones are already, what benefit do we get from going thinner?

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Xenolock and anon(9184750) like this.
    10-07-14 09:34 AM
    I would love if they kept the width of the bold 9900 and included a bigger battery. I usually have my phones caseless and I woke up and was at the top of the stairs and accidently dropped my bold 9900 about 20 feet down onto a hard tile floor. I heard a loud thud and the impact was so intense that the battery door flew off and the battery flew about 10 feet away from the phone. In my head I thought I cracked the screen for sure, to my surprise the screen was perfectly intact and all I had was a slight nick on the metal bezel in 1 corner. If I did that with an iphone or droid my phone would be in the repair shop and I would be out $50+.

Sure features like this aren't cool or hip but they are the practical features that make a BB a BB. Now that they are using Foxconn I wouldn't be surprised if the quality goes down but I hope they can stick to more accurate timelines s ince Foxxconn is a huge company that also manufactures for Apple and other big electronic companies.

Also anyone know if the track pad illuminates?
    anon(9184750) likes this.
    10-07-14 12:06 PM
    Shipping centers hire part-time workers as sorters and loaders, and those folks are often from where the thieves come. If they get caught, they lose their jobs, but many of them are in gangs that then just send in someone else without a criminal record.
    Wow, prejudiced much? I worked as a sorter and loader for ups and I don't recall anything to validate such a stereotype.
    10-07-14 01:02 PM
    Thanks for sharing the pictures Plazmic Flame!

Really looking forward to Chen announcing more on the Classic, I think I'll be upgrading my trusty Z10 at the end of the year.
    anon8330237 and Plazmic Flame like this.
    10-07-14 01:07 PM
    Wow, prejudiced much? I worked as a sorter and loader for ups and I don't recall anything to validate such a stereotype.
    No stereotypes intended friend. I worked as a district manager for a security company responsible for providing security at such locations, and the evidence abounds: loaders and sorters at places like UPS and FedEx abound with thieves. A lot of the theft is driven by gangs, who infiltrate folks into such positions.

That you weren't a thief is commendable, and plenty of others are honest workers too. But that hardly dismisses the very real fact that there are plenty of thieves in such positions; so many in fact, that security officers have to execute draconian screening procedures for workers exiting the facilities, and even then phones still come up missing.
    10-07-14 02:26 PM
    Thanks for the reply . . Yeah I guess one never knows what the private lives of our co-workers are, and I suppose if they are good at deceitful activities it probably wouldn't be that obvious to those of us around them . . guess I'm guilty of being a little too na�ve.

No stereotypes intended friend. I worked as a district manager for a security company responsible for providing security at such locations, and the evidence abounds: loaders and sorters at places like UPS and FedEx abound with thieves. A lot of the theft is driven by gangs, who infiltrate folks into such positions.

That you weren't a thief is commendable, and plenty of others are honest workers too. But that hardly dismisses the very real fact that there are plenty of thieves in such positions; so many in fact, that security officers have to execute draconian screening procedures for workers exiting the facilities, and even then phones still come up missing.
    And now, back to our regularly-scheduled broadcast . . I am definitely looking forward to checking out the classic!
    Last edited by revtech; 10-07-14 at 03:03 PM.
    10-07-14 02:50 PM
    Would love to become a blackberry user if I could buy the classic on verizon's network. But I noticed they pulled all of their blackberrys on display at their stores in MN. I hope they get the classic. I think verizon is pissed that the Passport will we sold exculsively at AT &T. I know I am.
    10-08-14 07:33 AM
    Would love to become a blackberry user if I could buy the classic on verizon's network. But I noticed they pulled all of their blackberrys on display at their stores in MN. I hope they get the classic. I think verizon is pissed that the Passport will we sold exculsively at AT &T. I know I am.
    Hopefully it will be like the Passport exclusivity we had in Canada with Telus. The exclusive period was only a week or so.
    10-08-14 08:52 AM
    That is waaaaaay too big...

The 9900 is still my favorite design, in no small part due to its size and shape. I upgraded to a Q10 a few weeks ago, because it wasn't too much larger than the 9900, but I still like the 9900 chassis better.

The Q10 feels warm in the hand, due to the rubber back, where as the 9900 is cold and refreshing in the hand.

The 9900 is far more comfortable to type on than the Q10, which appears to be caused by the curved keyboard and bottom bezel, putting all the keys in a nicer position.

Anyhow, part of the reason I didn't like the Z10 and HTC One was that they are huge in the pocket. For a phone/email/bbm device, the 9900 chassis is really the perfect size.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-08-14 09:51 AM
    Do you know if there are any photos at all of them side by side?
    10-08-14 11:05 AM
    awesommmmmmmmmmmmmmmme! Just cant wait enough to lay my hands on classic
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    10-08-14 11:15 AM
    Anyhow, part of the reason I didn't like the Z10 and HTC One was that they are huge in the pocket. For a phone/email/bbm device, the 9900 chassis is really the perfect size.
    This is probably one of my only concerns with the Classic. I sit my Z10 (in holster) in the cupholder or cubby DIN when I'm driving as I feel it's too distracting; usually left pocket and I drive stick.

Always liked the feel of the Q10 and part of me is itching to swap the Z10 for one, but with the Classic set to be released in the near future I think I'll wait.
    10-08-14 03:12 PM
    Yes, I wish BlackBerry would keep the "smile" design, both with the keyboard and overall phone. The 9900 had such a great in-hand feel...they could have just made it a tad wider (maybe .25") and a tad longer (.25-.5"), but kept it close to the overall proportions. The Classic just looks a little too rectangular.

And based on the pics, the straight-row keyboard on the Classic doesn't seem to take up any less space than the curved keyboard on the Bold. Unless the device has the capacitive touch keyboard so you can flick up for the word suggestions, it should be curved. The idea that the design has to be consistent with the virtual keyboard is dumb. The curve had a distinctly BlackBerry design while being functional/ergonomic. The Classic just looks a little reminiscent of the Motorola Droid Pro.
    I also wish the Classic would be released with the ergonomic..smiley face...keyboard. IMHO that was THE best keyboard! Matter of fact, I still use my 9900 at home on Wi-Fi to email and text...fast and accurate.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-08-14 06:13 PM
    I also wish the Classic would be released with the ergonomic..smiley face...keyboard. IMHO that was THE best keyboard! Matter of fact, I still use my 9900 at home on Wi-Fi to email and text...fast and accurate.

Agreed, not only does the 9900 keyboard look better aesthetically but it is nicer to type on. I wonder why they went with the straight keywords from the Q10 onwards.
    10-08-14 06:20 PM
    Agreed, not only does the 9900 keyboard look better aesthetically but it is nicer to type on. I wonder why they went with the straight keywords from the Q10 onwards.
    Because they did internal testing and discovered the straight design was better for typing.

People can go on and on about the old curved design vs the new straight design, but the fact of the matter is - Blackberry makes the best keyboards on the market, both virtual and physical, so don't worry about the straight keyboard.

When I first laid my hands on the Q10 my immediate reaction was the straight design wasn't as good as the curved design - well I got over that pretty quickly and to me, I enjoy typing on the Q10 more than the 9900, it feels nicer. Having said that...I can't tell if it's because it's bigger or if it's because it's straight, probably because it's bigger.

If you look at the comparison of the 9900 vs the older Bold devices, everyone said the 9900 had the best keyboard since it was bigger (wider).

I actually use my 9900 daily now and I honestly can't really tell to be honest - I use both devices on a daily basis (Q10 for CB10 and 9900 as daily driver) and have no problems going back and forth, I can't even pin-point any real notion of one being better than the other except to say that if I had to pick one only, I'd pick the Q10 keyboard (because it "feels nicer").

It's pretty subjective - I think the Q10 is a much nicer looking and feeling device than the 9900 was, but I know others have said the 9900 was better.

I don't really have a real preference for one design over the other, I like them both and the small preference for the Q10 is basically negligible.

I can understand though, if people just prefer one over the other design, but I'm not about to go around saying the straight design of the Q10 allows me to type faster or more accurately because it doesn't, and neither does the 9900.

People have serious issues with adapting to change if they honestly believe they cannot be as fast or accurate on the Q10 keyboard which is wider, and designed based on internal testing at Blackberry...

Comparing virtual to physical? Sure.

The Passport keyboard to the old qwerty? Sure.

The 9900 and the Q10? Pretty idiotic if you ask me.
    anon(9184750) likes this.
    10-08-14 09:11 PM
    Does anyone know if this is coming to Verizon?!?!?

This will be mine. How exciting!!!!
    10-08-14 09:52 PM
    jesus christ its like only a month away from release and so little info about this wonderful phone....

The passport had 3x as much info out 3 months away from release! ;_;
    Mr4aces and anon(9184750) like this.
    10-09-14 01:54 AM
    If they don't release any more product than they did with the passport it could be summer 2015 before we get one .
    jesus christ its like only a month away from release and so little info about this wonderful phone....

The passport had 3x as much info out 3 months away from release! ;_;
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-09-14 06:04 AM
    And that's what worries me... even john chen has not even talked a lot about it. (something is up here guys..) lol.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-09-14 06:51 AM
    As I've said many times on here, a hardcore BlackBerry fan here (always ridiculed by friends at that!)....but there just is no obvious replacement for my beloved Bold 9790 (or the hugely successful 9900 for that matter). Why BlackBerry intend to force other shapes and sizes down the throat of loyalists, I have no idea!
    Anyway, last week I did it...my first ever iPhone. I don't love it, but it just seems BlackBerry doesn't love me either
    Hopefully I'll be back...not sure based on current pipeline though.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-09-14 08:36 AM
    If the Classic releases at a reasonable price I might bite the bullet and buy it. 350-400 would be nice.
    10-09-14 08:51 AM
    As I've said many times on here, a hardcore BlackBerry fan here (always ridiculed by friends at that!)....but there just is no obvious replacement for my beloved Bold 9790 (or the hugely successful 9900 for that matter). Why BlackBerry intend to force other shapes and sizes down the throat of loyalists, I have no idea!
    Anyway, last week I did it...my first ever iPhone. I don't love it, but it just seems BlackBerry doesn't love me either
    happened to me too, from my 9360 I just went to iphone and every time I look back at blackberry I don't feel like blackberry cares any more.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-09-14 08:54 AM
    Holy smokes, just wait for November before you start to complain, seriously. If by the end of November we still don't see the Classic coming out, I'll join you in complaining. But seriously, there's no point in moaning before it's the time frame they promised it for...
    wilber1, Plazmic Flame and Frehley like this.
    10-09-14 09:14 AM
    Also stop copying and pasting your same comment in multiple threads.
    10-09-14 03:45 PM
    Only thing missing is the curved keypad... love it otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces and Frehley like this.
    10-11-14 03:15 PM
158 ... 23456 ...