Many thanks for the pictures !!!

I'm sold too. This WILL be my next phone.

I agree, it is a bit weird to see a straight keyboard. All these years we have been hammerd in how superior a curved keybord is...
    ...and now it has become straight.
    Chrisy, Plazmic Flame and Mr4aces like this.
    10-05-14 09:49 AM
    It's funny - a couple of months ago I wanted to hold out for the classic. Now I prefer the Passport.

Still the classic is looking great. I think a rounded keyboard would have added to the appeal of this phone. I think it's slightly more ergonomic and visually more attractive.
    10-05-14 10:52 AM
    I agree the rounded keyboard looks more visually attractive and more importantly ergonomic all better based on past experience. I will have to try it and see how it feels. I am quite adjusted to the PP and getting used to straight kb.

I am sure there is a reason for straight kb and maybe that's why even the Q10 felt a bit off at first.

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy, Plazmic Flame and Mr4aces like this.
    10-05-14 11:41 AM
    Holy crap......I want that phone!

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy and Plazmic Flame like this.
    10-05-14 11:48 AM
    Holy crap......I want that phone!

Posted via CB10
    This.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.632
    Chrisy and Plazmic Flame like this.
    10-05-14 12:18 PM
    It's funny - a couple of months ago I wanted to hold out for the classic. Now I prefer the Passport.

Still the classic is looking great. I think a rounded keyboard would have added to the appeal of this phone. I think it's slightly more ergonomic and visually more attractive.
    I agree the rounded keyboard looks more visually attractive and more importantly ergonomic all better based on past experience. I will have to try it and see how it feels. I am quite adjusted to the PP and getting used to straight kb.

I am sure there is a reason for straight kb and maybe that's why even the Q10 felt a bit off at first.

Posted via CB10
    I'll be so thrilled be back to a physical keyboard again, I don't care if it's straight or round!!

So over auto correct!!
    10-05-14 12:21 PM
    Nice. Looks like a classic professional device that doesn't try to look cutting edge. It's instead all substance. It simply does its job of helping professionals be productive. The enterprise will love it, as long as they haven't already moved to the iPhone. The device I would prefer, the Classic will sell better than the Passport, IMHO.

Posted via CB10 | VZW Z30 on at&t LTE
    Plazmic Flame and Chrisy like this.
    10-05-14 12:39 PM
    Doesn't anyone consider that there might be an understandable reason the new keyboards are straight? Maybe it has to do with the complexities of the metal frets. I'd rather have metal frets than a curved keyboard

Posted via CB10
    It's a thin metal band: it can be bent any way, just like the metal band that bends around the entire frame of the phone. Btu to your point, if there is a reason behind the design, then I'd like to hear BBRY come out and say it. I read in another thread something about research showing that people type faster on a straight keyboard. I find that a little spurious as it would beg the question of why BBRY went with the curved keyboard to begin with. Obviously research showed that curved was better...
    Plazmic Flame and Mr4aces like this.
    10-05-14 03:05 PM
    It's a thin metal band: it can be bent any way, just like the metal band that bends around the entire frame of the phone. Btu to your point, if there is a reason behind the design, then I'd like to hear BBRY come out and say it. I read in another thread something about research showing that people type faster on a straight keyboard. I find that a little spurious as it would beg the question of why BBRY went with the curved keyboard to begin with. Obviously research showed that curved was better...
    If I remember right from the q10 launch, the straight keyboard was because of not having the toolbelt. the square screen above a curved screen would have left empty plastic. So they went with straight. This was from thorston hienz. No idea why it was skipped for the classic. All I can say is that there might be a good reason we aren't aware of.

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    10-05-14 04:50 PM
    I read somewhere that the Classic is suppose to be the thinnest BlackBerry ever made, is this true?
    10-05-14 06:27 PM
    Stunning.

Classic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> god awful Passport
    10-05-14 06:41 PM
    I don't think I'm 100% sold on the stainless steel edge look. I'm a big fan of how the Q10 currently looks so I was hoping they'd stay true to the Q10 visual as much as possible. Its not a deal-breaker for me though....nor would it influence my decision on whether or not to buy the phone. But in an ideal world, an all-black variant would definitely appeal more to me.
    Plazmic Flame and bd69 like this.
    10-05-14 06:57 PM
    I don't think I'm 100% sold on the stainless steel edge look. I'm a big fan of how the Q10 currently looks so I was hoping they'd stay true to the Q10 visual as much as possible. Its not a deal-breaker for me though....nor would it influence my decision on whether or not to buy the phone. But in an ideal world, an all-black variant would definitely appeal more to me.
    I'm into the look. I think it's attention getting. That's good

Posted via CB10
    Elite1, Plazmic Flame and Frehley like this.
    10-05-14 07:29 PM
    If it comes to Sprint, I may well get one.

Until then, I'll stick with my 9930.
    10-05-14 08:06 PM
    looks like a nice design. But I want a new all-touch device.
    JREwing, Flatman, Elite1 and 3 others like this.
    10-05-14 08:16 PM
    So undecided. Passport looks cool. Classic takes me back to how much I always liked my old 9650. Then I'm sure BB will be out with a new touch device early 15'. I need to caress the Classic first before I make up my mind.
    10-05-14 08:19 PM
    I read somewhere that the Classic is suppose to be the thinnest BlackBerry ever made, is this true?
    I honestly don't get the hype behing making devices thinner and thinner. Are we trying to squeeze it under doors or what??

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-05-14 11:20 PM
    looks like a nice design. But I want a new all-touch device.
    Hmm..Technically Passport is an all touch device. no? :-)
    10-06-14 12:31 AM
    I honestly don't get the hype behing making devices thinner and thinner. Are we trying to squeeze it under doors or what??

LOL, maybe so.... i don't mind if my device is a bit on the 'CHUNKY' side....
    Plazmic Flame and donemt like this.
    10-06-14 12:55 AM
    Hmm..Technically Passport is an all touch device. no? :-)
    I know you're being a little facetious, but yes Passport does break some definitions.
    I want a new all-touch flagship too. All-touch, 16:9 screen, virtual keyboard...

I think the Classic is very sharp looking for what it is. The straight keyboard looks much nicer & modern, as does the metal. It's the best looking iteration to date of the... er... classic BlackBerry form factor.
    10-06-14 01:19 AM
    LOL, maybe so.... i don't mind if my device is a bit on the 'CHUNKY' side....
    I hear ya...

"BB got back!"
    10-06-14 01:20 AM
    I don't mind a bulky device, as long as it's not too wide. If anything, a bulky device feels more secure... as in not being accidentally crushed or bent.

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame and donemt like this.
    10-06-14 01:40 AM
    I know you're being a little facetious, but yes Passport does break some definitions.
    I want a new all-touch flagship too. All-touch, 16:9 screen, virtual keyboard...

I think the Classic is very sharp looking for what it is. The straight keyboard looks much nicer & modern, as does the metal. It's the best looking iteration to date of the... er... classic BlackBerry form factor.
    Seriously tho,

IMO Chen is having a three way approach to devices
    1. All-touch devices in lower spectrum like Z3 or rumored Z20
    2. Classic keyboard devices like err.. Classic in mid range
    3. Out-of-the-box devices on top spectrum like Passport or rumored Visa

If it is true, it will definitely shake the fence sitters of Z10 and Z30.
    10-06-14 05:52 AM
    It's Blackberry's way of saying "OK FINE WE GIVE U TRACKPAD AND TOOLBELT BACK, YOU HAPPY!?".

But people will always something else to complain about :P It looks really nice and want that spark pillow >.>
    10-06-14 06:05 AM

I hope we aren't trying to bend our berries..
    Plazmic Flame and Tompire like this.
    10-06-14 07:50 AM
158 1234 ...