Anyone has an experience with a Z30 and then moved to a Classic? I have a feeling that the Classic might not have enough power as a Z30. Does Classic show lag compared to a Z30. Somewhere on one of the forums, I read that classic is a downgrade from a Z30. Anyone pls share thoughts.

#PoweredByBlackBerry
    01-19-15 12:58 PM
    Well it could be considered a downgrade if you look at specs alone. Z30 has the dual core 1.7GHz and the classic only has the 1.5GHz like the Z10 and Q10/Q5. But if you require the toolbelt and classic keyboard it could be an upgrade. Depends on your needs.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8908445) and bbuser_5150 like this.
    01-19-15 01:03 PM
    I would think this depends on what you need. Are you looking at specs alone or at what the phone can do for you and how it feels? And how do you use it?
    TgeekB and anon(8908445) like this.
    01-19-15 01:04 PM
    I agree with the specs. Sure the toolbelt is an upgrade in another sense, but if the phone would start to lag, then your frustration makes you want to go back to a z30. I am asking in bat perspective. Probably if someone has used both, then would be able to answer. There is no doubt that a qwerty keyboard is for work and a full touch is for fun.

#PoweredByBlackBerry
    01-19-15 01:07 PM
    I came from Z 10, 30; and no it is not a downgrade for me. As I said in other thread the only difference for me was/is the boot time. It is faster on Z30. App wise I don't see much of difference when I compared side by side.

From Classic
    01-19-15 01:12 PM
    Classic work just as good as the Z 30

From Classic
    01-19-15 01:13 PM
    I can tell you by the end of the week. Just ordered my classic last Saturday, so maybe by the end of the week I can tell you if it's a downgrade or not. I won't keep it for too long (since I want to gift it to my cousins husband), but I'll definitely give it a test ride

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 01:14 PM
    I don't get it,.. the Classic doesn't have some mysterious turbo mode, so it's going to perform exactly like the Q10 no?

So in that regard, it will be as much of a downgrade as if someone handed you a Q10.

Now,.. you may consider a physical keyboard and a toolbelt to be additional features that make it an upgrade,.. or you may consider the smaller screen that makes it a downgrade.

They really should have at least thrown in the Z30 internals into the Classic, thereby making it a clear upgrade from the Q10 and a at least a lateral move (+hardware key conveniences) from the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 01:22 PM
    I don't get it,.. the Classic doesn't have some mysterious turbo mode, so it's going to perform exactly like the Q10 no?

So in that regard, it will be as much of a downgrade as if someone handed you a Q10.

Now,.. you may consider a physical keyboard and a toolbelt to be additional features that make it an upgrade,.. or you may consider the smaller screen that makes it a downgrade.

They really should have at least thrown in the Z30 internals into the Classic, thereby making it a clear upgrade from the Q10 and a at least a lateral move (+hardware key conveniences) from the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    You need to try it. When I put it side by side to my Z 30 opening apps there was no difference in speed maybe a millimeter fraction of a second. So no big deal.
    No turbo mode but works pretty Damn good

From Classic
    01-19-15 01:43 PM
    I have used all the phones incl 9900, q10 and then jumped to z30. My wife has a z10 and thats honestly a big downgrade. I love the sped of the z30 but not having a qwerty is seriously killing my productivity. But if the classic would lag, then the frustration is not worth it.

#PoweredByBlackBerry
    01-19-15 02:50 PM
    I'd say the Z30 was a better multitasking device, running a few apps simultaneously, including say Spotify, maybe instagram, and crackberry and Snapchat. Having that many android apps running was never that large of an issue, now with the Classic, I had Spotify, Browser, and Crackberry open, and I witnessed some serious lag.

Coming from the Passport, that was another limiting feature which had me using the Passport again pretty quick.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 02:54 PM
    Hardwar downgrade software upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 03:00 PM
    If running a couple apps and classic has serious lag, then it totally beats the purpose. Because I there is always a couple apps running in the background. And one or two in the foreground. So am guessing Classic is out. Might just wait for the better classic.

#PoweredByBlackBerry
    01-19-15 03:09 PM
    In my opinion the Classic is definitely an upgrade when it comes to productivity. The keyboard is phantastic to use since the size is perfect (not too big or too small) and the toolbelt makes textselection and copy/paste much faster and more precise than with any touchscreen on the market. It isnt the fastest device when it comes to specs though, but to be honest (although Im using an iPhone 6 and previously a Note 3 as a private device) its not a downer at all. It is still fast as in most situations you wont bother about having more power...
    01-19-15 04:07 PM
    The name speaks for itself...Classic
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    01-19-15 04:44 PM
    The Z30 is a downgrade.

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    01-19-15 07:46 PM
    Hardware wise, yes. If a pkb is your thing, no.
    01-19-15 08:16 PM
    I have the Classic, Z30, and Passport. The Classic is more than fast enough for the power user (I use for business, 1500+ min voice per month, and often have 6+ apps open all day). The phone is more than quick enough and my Z30 has been in the drawer since I got the Passport and now the Classic. If speed is the only criteria then the Passport wins hand down. That phone is a rocket. So for my usage the Classic is a big upgrade over the Z30 (a great phone still) simply because of the keyboard and trackpad. Speed is pretty close between the two phones really. The Passport is in a different league altogether (except for universal search function which strangely is much quicker on the Classic).

Posted via CB10
    djtim likes this.
    01-19-15 09:15 PM
    Wow that helps a lot!!! Maybe I need to get the classic now.

#PoweredByBlackBerry
    01-19-15 09:41 PM
    Can I ask you one more, how'd you like the camera on the classic, that's not a deal breaker but since you have both,might as well get your opinion.

#PoweredByBlackBerry
    01-19-15 09:42 PM
    .... Somewhere on one of the forums, I read that classic is a downgrade from a Z30. Anyone pls share thoughts.

#PoweredByBlackBerry
    I would call it a "diffgrade". Different phones for different uses.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 10:41 PM
    The camera seems fine on the Classic but have not used it extensively. I had good luck with the Z30 camera (for stills and HDR). The Panorama mode (like on the Passport) is very handy. So the camera is not in the same league as Iphone 6 but it has sharp optics and is capable of some decent pictures in good light.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 12:24 AM