This is my first post on Crackberry.
    A little background. I am a BB fan and even bought BB devices for my family.

Following are my views on the new Blackberry Classic. For those who cant decide which phone to get, I hope the following points will be of a help.

Most BB fans will tell you their favourites are that BB unique tool belt and trackpad.
    I used to like BOLD until Apple & Samsung advanced their smartphones offering.
    Blackberry was left behind and the rest you know. After BOLD, I owned iPhone for its simplicity, apps & technology. Then Samsung Note 3 android for its superb camera and many advanced features. Q10 on OS10 touchpad and without paying extra BB charges for accessing emails and internet access.

So how does the Classic measure up against Q10.
    It is a Q10 step up with new OS10.3 software & many new features. You can personalise LED colours like blue or yellow. Ring tone includes classic ring, missing on Q10. Lots of useful guiding instruction. Improved call quality. Tool belt useful for placing & ending phone calls. Back key is useful. Shortcuts do not confine to phone numbers. Bigger screen. Torch & many other useful features. Battery life is about twice than that of Q10.

Disadvantages include no removable battery. It costs more on the Classic to buy.

I find the screen on Q10 is brighter than the Classic. The wider keypad on the Classic does not offer any clear advantage. In fact I prefer Q10 keypad size.

I pre-ordered the Classic and in the end, I decided to return the Classic. If you already own Q10, I feel there is no incentive to upgrade to the Classic. Yes I do want the tool belt & trackpad. Those alone wont be enough reasons. I find the specifications and new features are upgrades rather than a major leap forward. In fact, I am very disappointed after waiting for many years. Classic comes out too late. It should be the phone after Bold. Having said that, if you have never owned a BB, Classic gives you a taste what BB is all about in a positive way.

The screen size even on the Classic is small vs commonly found touchpad smartphones. When it is small, it feels like a step back on technology, reminding me of those old days on jumbo jet when seatback screen first evolved.

No I dont own Blackberry Passport. I am not sure if I am comfortable with Blackberry Passport, especially the adhesive type leather flip case. Samsungs flip case is an absolute brilliant idea. However, I find it clumsy to use flip case anyway. Taking pictures is awkward. I am not keen on other click-on cases where the screen is not being protected. This is one of the reasons I moved away from iPhone. You often see iPhone users with cracked screens. I still find the BOLD BB original holster leather case to be the best ever, better than Curve, Q10 & Classic. Can this persuade me to stay away from Passport?

It is increasingly common to see employees using ipad. I do not know what Blackberry profit & survival strategies are. If they aim solely on business users, chances are these users have secondary phones such as iPhone, android devices etc. for private use. Sometimes things are inter-linked; ipad and iPhone to synch media files. Within major cities, they would be able to pop in to phone shops, have a feel of their potential phones, talk to shop assistants and walk away with the phones. If they intend to return the phones that fall within the terms and conditions, they have the option to go back to the stores. With Blackberry, you would be very lucky to find your preferred new blackberry phone (not used) displayed in stores.

Being a resident in the UK, the only way to purchase the Classic is via shop Blackberry Digital River. Any order from shop blackberry is shipped from Slovakia. Should you decide to return the phone, you would have to pay for international shipment. This logistics arrangement clearly limits sales. I am still waiting for email confirmation that my Classic phone has been received. I hope all goes well and a refund of 349 is made.

Private users main preferred choices are big and comfortable screen, advanced technology but easy to use, high quality camera, apps and price. It is good to find a compromise and I hope BB will listen and produce phones with physical keypad, big and comfortable screen size, high resolution camera, appropriate device cases, removable battery, BB famous email & tool belt & trackpad, more apps, and stores accessibility.
    W Tom likes this.
    01-03-15 04:01 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

You already being a Q10 owner, I can see why the Classic wouldn't offer much incentive for you to change. I think the Classic is targeted more toward the remaining BBOS holdouts who still haven't switched to BB10. Sorry this one didn't work out for you, and I hope the return processes successfully for you. In the mean time, I think there are many of us waiting for new device announcements from BB to get more people excited. Based on things I heard at the last earnings call, I think we'll start seeing more attention being paid in this area soon.
    yawpek likes this.
    01-03-15 04:22 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

You already being a Q10 owner, I can see why the Classic wouldn't offer much incentive for you to change. I think the Classic is targeted more toward the remaining BBOS holdouts who still haven't switched to BB10. Sorry this one didn't work out for you, and I hope the return processes successfully for you. In the mean time, I think there are many of us waiting for new device announcements from BB to get more people excited. Based on things I heard at the last earnings call, I think we'll start seeing more attention being paid in this area soon.
    Well, I'm a Q10 user but I'm sorely tempted. In fact, after trying out both at our local telcos, I'm leaning more towards the Classic than the Passport.
    Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 04:59 AM
    Classic vs Q10 vs iPhone/Note 3 vs Digital River-img_20150105_004303.jpg

Z10 (red) OS10.2.2.1609 Q5 (red) OS10.3.0.1418
    01-05-15 05:30 AM