I have a classic now, but I'm thinking to go on eBay/Amazon get a Q10 again. Had to make the move because my Q10 broke.
    Why am I thinking this?
    Q10 is so so light in terms of weight, and the Classic isn't really offering new and I feel that the trackpad gets in the way when I am swiping up. I don't see the point of the menu or back buttons, when I can just swipe up. I guess after using a Q10 for 3 years, it's ingrained in me. I think the Classic is unnecessarily heavy in weight too.

What does everybody else think?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-16 05:07 PM
    I think there are a lot of threads on this topic already!
    05-06-16 08:36 PM
    In light of the platform's pending demise I would choose a Q10. Love my Z30 and Cobalt Blue Classic, but my recent experience with consuming 1000 charging cycles in only a year and a half with my iPhone 6 Plus made me realize that if I want to remain with BB10 when BlackBerry completely gives up hope on its very own, underrated OS, easily replaceable batteries are key. I liked my Nexus 4 in the past but for me life's too short to waste my time with Android OS.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 01:58 AM
    Yea, this topic has been beaten to death.

I have a q10 and am considering a classic, but the fact that the q10 has a removable battery is a big deal to me.

In a few years the built in batteries will be dead.

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    05-07-16 07:51 AM
    05-07-16 07:53 AM
    Haha. Yes, most definitely been mentioned too much.

I say the q10 is a work of art. It's a shame BlackBerry do not sell them anymore (brand new).

Depends on preference though, but classic is heavyweight and the q10 does all the classic does.

Blackberry done really well with the Q10!!!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-07-16 08:32 AM
    It's deja vu all over again.

Posted from my  Z10 via CB10
    05-07-16 08:37 AM
    In light of the platform's pending demise I would choose a Q10. Love my Z30 and Cobalt Blue Classic, but my recent experience with consuming 1000 charging cycles in only a year and a half with my iPhone 6 Plus made me realize that if I want to remain with BB10 when BlackBerry completely gives up hope on its very own, underrated OS, easily replaceable batteries are key. I liked my Nexus 4 in the past but for me life's too short to waste my time with Android OS.

Posted via CB10
    that's an interesting point about the batteries. but won't replaces be as old as the original one you wanted to replace.
    05-07-16 02:53 PM
    What's with all the 'Q10 vs Classic' threads lately?
    Both devices are fine and they both have the same hardware.
    The only (for some people though) real difference is the toolbelt which can be found on the Classic and the swapable battery on the Q10. Q10 also is a bit smaller than the Classic and lighter but in my opinion it's not that much of a difference and most of us aren't woman so the +15g or something in weight won't kill you or anything.
    You've actually have to try both and use them for longer than a day to know which one fits you perfectly imho.
    Even though the Q10 is a very handy device, for me the keys were a bit too small to type on. The classic in comparison has a lovely keyboard which fit my thumbs and a toolbelt which WOULD be unnecessary if it was on the Q10 because you can reach like everything on that little phone. If you do browse a lot though (hopefully the browser is going to get one last final update :/) the trackpad from the Classic gets quite useful since selecting little links can be a goddamn pain on the Q10 (though you can just maximize and select it).
    So yea, in conclusion you should try them both. I myself have read a lots of reviews before deciding for one of those two devices but ended up getting both and I've gotta say that the Classic fits me most.

posted via my Blueberry
    05-07-16 03:45 PM
    To me, the Classic screen is not a big enough difference to justify it's difference in handling.

The Classic is notably larger in dimensions and weight, but you get almost nothing in return for it.

If you choose classic it'll be for the toolbelt alone. Mind you the pkb of the Classic does feel much nicer to type on than the Q10 but not enough to justify the increased handling.

Aesthetics wise, that's personal preference.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    05-07-16 07:02 PM
    Classic screen is LCD much nicer to my eye, ymmv.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 07:11 PM
    Indeed Q10 is an amazing tool for getting the job done. Can't wait for a Q30! BBOS10 rocks!
    05-07-16 09:29 PM