Same question I have?
    Same as the Q10 it doesn't take amazing photos all the time. In the right light it's good with the new update for me it improved the focus. Or how long it took to focus. Bottom line it's an ok camera if you have time.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 08:22 AM
    I think your mind was made up before you posted this thread

Posted via CB10
    lysskr likes this.
    06-30-15 08:31 AM
    Spec wise though the classic is pretty much a Q10 right?

Posted via CB10
    See to me people say that the specs are the same. And they are for the most part. But using both phones for an extended amount of time and they are very different phones it's like back in the day on verizon I had the tour it was a nice phone. Then I got the bold 9930 and realized the tour was a good step down. The Q10 feels cheap to me now way to small the screen on the Q just does not look sharp if that Makes sense. And the classic just has a level of professionalism that the Q doesn't. The keyboard alone is enough justification over the Q for me. I tried to go back just to use it and see if I could it lasted about 30 minutes. Although my daughter loves the Q10 she chose it over the dna or the nexus or the Z30 she likes the keyboard over touchscreen smart girl and she is only 6. Point is the classic is a better phone all around its an upgrade. And the cpu/gup doesn't matter. Day to day tasks the classic is smooth, for me anyways. I never have to reboot it it never slows down has not lag. I honestly can't think of a time that the phone hesitated since I owned it. when I ask it to do something. it does it. Can't say the same for my Note 4 that has monster specs. My 4 year old (internally) classic runs laps around my Note 4 I honestly gave up on specs I want what works. And when I need to do something and the two are side to side I grab the classic.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 08:49 AM
    The problem is: you can find a second hand Q10 for about half the price of the Classic. Also, the battery life issue (that's real) can be fixed buying a spare battery + charger combo. You can easily get through the day easily with that combo.
    06-30-15 09:40 AM
    I want to get a Classic from shopblackberry.com, does anyone know of any coupons that bring it to the $350-$400 price point?

It's for my mother, I'm very happy with my Z30

Posted from my mighty Z30!
    06-30-15 10:00 AM
    The problem is: you can find a second hand Q10 for about half the price of the Classic. Also, the battery life issue (that's real) can be fixed buying a spare battery + charger combo. You can easily get through the day easily with that combo.
    I agree. As far as I can tell, this thread isn't about one phone being better than the other.

They're Blackberries - they're both awesome phones!!

It's more about which would be more practical for the OP. To me the Q10 makes a lot of sense because any battery issues can be negated by swapping out if necessary. Any parts that break down can be easily (and cheaply) replaced. Most importantly, it's much less money up front for a very similar phone experience.
    06-30-15 10:10 AM
    Except that phone call that drops while your battery dies and the wait for it to reboot can cause many problems. I'd rather it just last through the day...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    TgeekB, lift and Xenolock like this.
    06-30-15 10:49 AM
    @MadMarti: You can plug in a USB drive to a Classic? I've never heard of that before! So with a mini-USB adapter you could read the contents of a memory stick?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 11:07 AM
    Another difference between the Q and Classic: the Q has a microHDMI port, which lets you plug the phone into your tv and view pictures, videos, anything else in HD on TV. I used to do that with movies purchased/rented in BlackBerry World as well as videos I recorded.

Posted with my  Classic
    06-30-15 11:44 AM
    @MadMarti: You can plug in a USB drive to a Classic? I've never heard of that before! So with a mini-USB adapter you could read the contents of a memory stick?

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! Just like on the Z30 and Passport. In the file manager you can see the drive when you plug it in.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 12:01 PM
    Another difference between the Q and Classic: the Q has a microHDMI port, which lets you plug the phone into your tv and view pictures, videos, anything else in HD on TV. I used to do that with movies purchased/rented in BlackBerry World as well as videos I recorded.

Posted with my  Classic
    And the Classic has a Slimport where with an adaptor you can plug in a regular hdmi cable to it.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    06-30-15 12:37 PM
    @MadMarti: That is a very cool feature, more people should know about that! Thanks for raising it to attention :-)

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 01:41 PM
    Get the classic in a heart beat.
    lysskr likes this.
    06-30-15 02:02 PM
    I think your mind was made up before you posted this thread

Posted via CB10
    Not even a little bit. Watched a lot of videos last night on both phones. Seems like the Q10 makes more sense. Just don't see enough advantage from the classic.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 02:51 PM
    Having used both the bold and the Q10, I will say to me the Classic is the best of both worlds.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 03:46 PM
    I own both and enjoy the Q10 more. I have small hands so trying to use the Classic one-handed does not work well for me. I also like carrying the Q much better in my pocket than the Classic because it has more weight so when wearing basketball shorts or other light shorts/pants the phone isn't dragging them down.
    06-30-15 04:17 PM
    If there's an opportunity to compare the two in person, that might help convince you of one over the other. I bought my Classic from a second-hand shop. Alongside some other Blackberries, they also had a white Passport. I was able to compare them physically side-by-side, have a little play on the two and make something of a judgement on which was better for me.

My heart was set on the Classic really, and this confirmed it despite the Passport being a gorgeous phone... it wasn't enough to sway me. They also had a Q10 in there some weeks earlier. It was nice, decidedly chunkier than the Classic, and you could see the difference in screen size.

Now that I use the Classic everyday I would definitely like to try a Q10 too. Love that glass weave back, but the Classic has definitely got that right shape & size feel!

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 04:59 PM
    had classic for 4 month...
    i had q10 before..., yesterday try my friend q10 again.., i feel q10 screen to small , too dark and the keyboard too narrow ...
    classic a lot better than q10

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 06:52 PM
    I still think that for the size of the classic, you're getting really little screen.

The Q10 doesn't have a lot of screen either, but it's compact in size to begin with.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    Q10Bold likes this.
    06-30-15 07:27 PM
    I have a Q10 and my beloved new Classic.... I use the trackpad more than I thought I would as well as the back key, but over all it is probably 60-40 in that I use gestures slightly more than the toolbelt.... but it is nice to have that at the ready....

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 07:31 PM
    I think size is the major factor. I've had both and the Q is too small, the Classic is just right. But we are all different.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 08:04 PM
    Moment of truth I have someone willing to trade a brand new in the box classic for my passport which is 5 months old... what do you guys think? Has anyone here gone from a passport back down to something like a classic?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 08:53 PM
    Unless you need one-handed operation and have smallish hands like I do, the Classic is much better. One thing that I noticed is that the slightly larger screen makes for some apps working better because you can see just a little bit more.

For example: I use aCar and when entering the odometer number, I could NOT see the whole number pad on the Q10 screen. On the Classic, I CAN see it all.
    06-30-15 08:56 PM
    Thanks for all the responses

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 10:19 PM
    I finally sold my Q10 last week and decided to keep Classic.

I believe Classic will get better and longer support than Q10.

Sent from my SGH-I337M
    07-01-15 03:01 AM
111 1234 ...