Have the AT&T passport, wife has the Classic.
    Had 3 Q10's before.
    Summary: Get the Classic.

Cute-10 is better looking IMO, but 2/3 developed double typing for me. Loved my white Q10. The last BlackBerry I holstered!

I feel that keyboard on the Classic is more true to the original Bold feel and is better than the Q10. More spacious.

Toolbelt is really nice, I do miss it every time I get to play with the Classic!

Few other things Q10 has: removable battery, HDMI out

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 03:11 AM
    Not even a little bit. Watched a lot of videos last night on both phones. Seems like the Q10 makes more sense. Just don't see enough advantage from the classic.

Posted via CB10
    there's your answer.

Posted from my Classic Passport
    07-01-15 06:41 AM
    Moment of truth I have someone willing to trade a brand new in the box classic for my passport which is 5 months old... what do you guys think? Has anyone here gone from a passport back down to something like a classic?

Posted via CB10
    Did it after 4 months and Never regretted it! Its the perfect size for me. I love the passport but its just a tad too wide for me sadly. Classic is a better typing experience and works flawlessly. I do miss the amazing passport battery at times tho

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 08:04 AM
    Lots of opinions, each user is different, here's my two cents. I've used pretty much every BB since my 9000. Played with Passport and wouldn't mind it to replace my Kindle Fire when price comes down. But I prefer the Q10. Using a Bold 9900 right now until ATT pulls the plug on my BIS, and have my slightly used Q10 in the drawer ready for that day. Had a Classic for three weeks. Yes, keyboard is the best, screen is excellent, battery just goes and goes, and nice to have the toolbelt back. Its pretty much the same phone specs inclusing camera as Q10 so no real advantage there. Great phone BUT for its size. I have large hands so that's not a problem. And if I had a job where I had a jacket pocket to put it in, probably fine. But to carry it and have it available, its too large for my pants pockets and hangs heavy on a shirt pocket,. Fun to use, mine was well built (seemed fine from the start, not true for some I read, so build quality is a crapshoot I think device to device). But its just not the device I want to have handy 24/7. The smaller, lighter form factor of the Q10 wins out for me. (My Bold too until time catches up with it). And like another poster said, the Classic sealed unit is going to prevent repairs to the possible doubletyping (or spilled coffee I did to a phone keyboard in the past). PS...I use my phone for calls, emails, texts, calendar and music...not much else so the smaller screen is fine. So...depends on who you are and how you plan to use your phone.
    fkornre likes this.
    07-01-15 10:03 AM
    Man you guys are awesome with your opinions and hands on.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 10:15 AM
    Lots of opinions, each user is different, here's my two cents. I've used pretty much every BB since my 9000. Played with Passport and wouldn't mind it to replace my Kindle Fire when price comes down. But I prefer the Q10. Using a Bold 9900 right now until ATT pulls the plug on my BIS, and have my slightly used Q10 in the drawer ready for that day. Had a Classic for three weeks. Yes, keyboard is the best, screen is excellent, battery just goes and goes, and nice to have the toolbelt back. Its pretty much the same phone specs inclusing camera as Q10 so no real advantage there. Great phone BUT for its size. I have large hands so that's not a problem. And if I had a job where I had a jacket pocket to put it in, probably fine. But to carry it and have it available, its too large for my pants pockets and hangs heavy on a shirt pocket,. Fun to use, mine was well built (seemed fine from the start, not true for some I read, so build quality is a crapshoot I think device to device). But its just not the device I want to have handy 24/7. The smaller, lighter form factor of the Q10 wins out for me. (My Bold too until time catches up with it). And like another poster said, the Classic sealed unit is going to prevent repairs to the possible doubletyping (or spilled coffee I did to a phone keyboard in the past). PS...I use my phone for calls, emails, texts, calendar and music...not much else so the smaller screen is fine. So...depends on who you are and how you plan to use your phone.
    Well said - if it's just for the above mentioned uses, I really don't see how the Classic's size offers any advantage over the Q10.

Yet it offers nothing in terms of media and apps either.

It's bigger but for no reason.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    07-01-15 10:19 AM
    Well said - if it's just for the above mentioned uses, I really don't see how the Classic's size offers any advantage over the Q10.

Yet it offers nothing in terms of media and apps either.

It's bigger but for no reason.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    Wait, when did I end up on twitter? Thought this was crackberry...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    JAS0NB0URNE likes this.
    07-01-15 11:02 AM
    I have a holster-case combo for my Classic, so it doesn't ever go in my pocket. The Classic screen size is a clear difference and improvement for browsing, media, everything else for any BlackBerry with a physical keyboard.

That being said, all of our opinions, while pointing out some relevant facts, it all comes down to the individual person's preference. Sounds like the OP prefers a Q.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-01-15 11:15 AM
    How is typing one-handed on the Classic compared with the Q10, or even the Z30?

Posted via CB 10 | VZW Z30 STA100-3 | OS 10.3.1.2744
    07-01-15 11:15 AM
    How is typing one-handed on the Classic compared with the Q10, or even the Z30?

Posted via CB 10 | VZW Z30 STA100-3 | OS 10.3.1.2744
    I can easily type one-handed on the Classic, lefty or righty, without having to look at my phone

Posted with my  Classic
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-01-15 11:29 AM
    I do have this one question though. For those that have used both Q10 and classic.... how does the smoothness of the OS compares? I mean we know the both have the same specs but is the classic any speedier doing day to day task through the OS?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 05:50 PM
    I recently held a Classic for the first time at a local store. AT&T had their one Classic display model buried next to flip phones, but I found it. It was beautiful and loved the weight and handle. But since the Q10 was my first BlackBerry (which I love) I felt no reason to use the tool belt or trackball. I was simply using the touch screen. I went in thinking maybe I'd upgrade, but what it made me wish for was a Q10 in the Classic body
    07-01-15 05:58 PM
    Glass weave back was pretty sick. Have to agree there

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 06:36 PM
    I had the 9900, was stoked to move on to the Q10, but after months of use decided I didn't like it... Just felt flaccid in my hands... I went back to the 9900... Demo'd the Passport, hated the size... Stuck with my 9900... Finally the Classic debuts, I fell in love... The Classic won me over... The keyboard is the sexiest thing on BB10. The trackpad /tool belt I love (brought back my 'Select All' via highlighted scroll, the back key, the trackpad click to enter and other gems I missed when using the Q10. Never was fond of using my thumb to scroll, like that annoying head in front of you at the movie theater is how that 'screen-to-scroll' experience played out for me...) The battery life is fabulous offering me 24hrs easily with heavy use... The Classic now my daily driver and so far my greatest satisfaction on a BB10 device to date... I'd go Classic, but it all comes down to personal preference...

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 06:40 PM
    I went in thinking maybe I'd upgrade, but what it made me wish for was a Q10 in the Classic body
    Hmm, isn't that basically what the Classic is? The toolbelt is added functionality which I guess you could opted not to use, but you could use this phone exactly like you did on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 06:51 PM
    I do have this one question though. For those that have used both Q10 and classic.... how does the smoothness of the OS compares? I mean we know the both have the same specs but is the classic any speedier doing day to day task through the OS?

Posted via CB10
    Since I used and gave up the Q10 sometime during OS 10.1.0.xxx and began using the Classic during the OS 10.3.1.xxx - 10.3.2.xxx era I'd be hard pressed to answer this question with certainty... The overall OS performance of BB10 has progressed much during that span of time... Hopefully there is someone out there who has recently migrated from Q10 to Classic that has more relevant knowledge to contribute to this inquiry...

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 06:55 PM
    The Classic is nicer overall and has a better keyboard. I much prefer the LCD screen over AMOLED. My Classic has already developed double typing. I prefer the Q10 and plan to switch soon, mainly for the ease of repair, and the removable battery. The Q10 can develop double typing just as much as the Classic, but at least it's an easy fix compared to the glued in keyboard on the Classic.
    07-01-15 08:37 PM
    Man you guys are awesome with your opinions and hands on.

Posted via CB10
    Just doing our job, Citizen....

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 09:24 PM
    Hmm, isn't that basically what the Classic is? The toolbelt is added functionality which I guess you could opted not to use, but you could use this phone exactly like you did on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, of course. But I was inferring that instead of the toolbelt, an extra .25" of screen would be great. Hence, "Q10 in a Classic body". Was just a thought as I was holding it, and as someone not accustomed to a trackball but to a Q10. But the Classic was very nice nonetheless, and I do enjoy my Q10 as is.
    07-01-15 10:09 PM
    I find it funny that many say the Classic is basically a Q10 when there are so many changes in hardware design and functionality. Only because they share the same internals? When you make a list of all the new features the price is justified (considering that the Q10 had a much higher price when it launched).

NEW FEATURES:

+bigger screen
    (although same resolution, you can see more text with the same font size set. It is wider than the Z10 screen. Text is really nice to read on. Only the Passport beats it.)

+ the LCD screen is superior to the Q10's OLED in many regards
    (best use case: Readability of a text or a map in bright daylight is soo much more enjoyable and legible.)

+bigger battery

+Paratek antenna

+USB OTG
    (plugin a USB device such as a USB Stick, a gamepad or a keyboard)

+tool belt
    (very helpful for recurring tasks like copy and paste or selecting a link in the Browser)

+better keyboard
    (if you have bigger hands: far less typos than on the Q10, comparable with the precision of a Q5 keyboard)

CONS (Depends on the person who uses it):

- too wide and too heavy for small hands to comfortably hold and type on
    - no removable battery
    - no separte HDMI Output (it's combined in the micro USB port, so you need an adapter)

CONCLUSION

Design aside which is a matter of taste, feature-wise the Classic is an overall improvement if you don't rely on specific features which only the Q10 had (listed under CONS). Of course if every penny counts, get a Q10, it is still a good device. Or consider a Q5 for even less, a very underrated device that's actually pretty nice too.
    Last edited by MadMarti; 07-02-15 at 08:51 PM.
    07-02-15 08:35 PM
    Here's a comparison of the 3.1" screen of a Q5 vs the 3.5" of the Classic (I had no Q10 at hand, but it also has 3.1"). Same brightness and font size.

Classic vs Q10-img_00000049.jpg
    CivilDissident and 1ese like this.
    07-02-15 08:59 PM
    Or consider a Q5 for even less, a very underrated device that's actually pretty nice too.
    Interesting... I've read a few users speak out in favor of the Q5 lately, also describing it as 'underrated'... I'm now thinking maybe my mom would enjoy that BlackBerry to her Classic. She recently upgraded from the 9360 to the Classic, but does NOT like the size nor the overall hefty weight of the device... She felt the Q10 was a bit too large as well and does favor the BlackBerry Curve line and its' island style keyboard... (The Q5 is slightly smaller than the Q10, right?) They're basically free at this point anyways, no harm in picking one up and giving it a try... The Q5 has been kept in the shadows so I've never really given it a second look... The ONLY BB10 PKB I've yet toy with. Perhaps it's time I give it the time of day...

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 08:59 PM
    I have had all three (Q10, Passport and Classic). I got the passport out of interest, but was too wide for me to use as my daily driver. I also got rid of the Classic after a short time. I was not happy with it's build quality (gap and light bleed), and it was a little too heavy to carry around all day. I also didn't care for the trackpad since it was located in the middle where I would normally do the swipe up action on BB10. So, it became a nuisance rather than a strength. I didn't think trackpad and BB10 were a good match.

On the other hand, the Classic keyboard was by far the best I ever had. But overall, I missed my Q10 due to its form factor and quality (in my opinion). So, I am back using the Q10 and have actually bought one more recently, just in case (I own 3 now). It's really hard to beat the Q10 considering its price and what it offers!
    07-02-15 09:27 PM
    I find it funny that many say the Classic is basically a Q10 when there are so many changes in hardware design and functionality. Only because they share the same internals? When you make a list of all the new features the price is justified (considering that the Q10 had a much higher price when it launched).

NEW FEATURES:

+bigger screen
    (although same resolution, you can see more text with the same font size set. It is wider than the Z10 screen. Text is really nice to read on. Only the Passport beats it.)

+ the LCD screen is superior to the Q10's OLED in many regards
    (best use case: Readability of a text or a map in bright daylight is soo much more enjoyable and legible.)

+bigger battery

+Paratek antenna

+USB OTG
    (plugin a USB device such as a USB Stick, a gamepad or a keyboard)

+tool belt
    (very helpful for recurring tasks like copy and paste or selecting a link in the Browser)

+better keyboard
    (if you have bigger hands: far less typos than on the Q10, comparable with the precision of a Q5 keyboard)

CONS (Depends on the person who uses it):

- too wide and too heavy for small hands to comfortably hold and type on
    - no removable battery
    - no separte HDMI Output (it's combined in the micro USB port, so you need an adapter)

CONCLUSION

Design aside which is a matter of taste, feature-wise the Classic is an overall improvement if you don't rely on specific features which only the Q10 had (listed under CONS). Of course if every penny counts, get a Q10, it is still a good device. Or consider a Q5 for even less, a very underrated device that's actually pretty nice too.
    Thank you for this. One of the best post very detailed.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 02:17 AM
    I just want to note that the Classic technically has more subpixels than the Q10. Sure, they're both 720x720 pixels, but that's not the whole store when it comes to density or resultion.

The Q10 has something called a Pentile Subpixel arrangement, wherein red and blue subpixels are shared between neighboring pixel groups (defined by green subpixel pairs). It saves energy, but also looks like garbage. So Samsung's outrageously high ppi's are really a bit of an overstatement. (this is all a Samsung amoled technology).

So if you're looking, the Classic, despite the screen size increase and retention of the 720^2 resolution, probably has a near equal or perhaps even greater subpixel density than the Q10 (and to my eyes, is noticeably clearer).

The Classic also has one of the most color neutral and accurate displays on the market. It's actually phenomenal for color. Technically more accurate than the Passport or iPhone 6.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman and idssteve like this.
    07-03-15 12:51 PM
111 12345