So I have a passport but the thrill is gone for me. The things that people like as far as screen size, and stuff I just have lost interest in. So I really miss my Q10. I do want to give the classic a shot though so here is my question. Classic vs Q10 for those that have used both. I personally don't care about the toolbelt just phone, specs, and such.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 10:52 PM
    Quickie question so that I know your background, have you used a 9900 before? Just want to gather whether you've used a trackpad previously.

...eleven BlackBerrys and counting....
    06-29-15 10:57 PM
    Yes 9930 and Q10 before I got the passport so I am familiar with the form factors

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 11:04 PM
    If you don't care about the toolbelt, get a Q10 since it'll be cheaper. I think besides the toolbelt, the Classic has a brighter screen and longer battery life. If those two things are worth paying extra for you, then go Classic. Otherwise, get a Q10.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    06-29-15 11:11 PM
    If you don't care about the toolbelt, get a Q10 since it'll be cheaper. I think besides the toolbelt, the Classic has a brighter screen and longer battery life. If those two things are worth paying extra for you, then go Classic. Otherwise, get a Q10.

Camera?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 11:29 PM
    I find the trackpad + shift keys most valuable for text selection... and also the menu key....

...eleven BlackBerrys and counting....
    lactose likes this.
    06-29-15 11:30 PM
    How is the camera?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 11:38 PM
    Battery life is tremendous for the Classic; however, it is not removable, so you can't bring a spare battery with you. Not that I have even come close to running out of battery life, but it was just more of peace of mind to be able to carry around a spare battery just in case.

With the Classic, I can use some apps that would not work on the Q10: Xfinity TV Remote, Playstation, ESPN Fantasy Football. It's just a better phone. Love having the trackpad for when editing text.

If money is that much of an issue, you'll be fine with the Q. But otherwise go with the Classic.

Posted with my  Classic
    06-29-15 11:42 PM
    Battery life is tremendous for the Classic; however, it is not removable, so you can't bring a spare battery with you. Not that I have even come close to running out of battery life, but it was just more of peace of mind to be able to carry around a spare battery just in case.

With the Classic, I can use some apps that would not work on the Q10: Xfinity TV Remote, Playstation, ESPN Fantasy Football. It's just a better phone. Love having the trackpad for when editing text.

If money is that much of an issue, you'll be fine with the Q. But otherwise go with the Classic.

Posted with my  Classic
    Sounds good.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 11:50 PM
    Definitely the Classic. Had the Q10 too, but the classic is a better phone. Really like having the two phone buttons back and the trackpad for fine editing.
    06-30-15 12:00 AM
    The keyboard on the Classic is a lot bigger (and better) than the Q10. The battery life is significantly better too.

I hadn't had the toolbelt since I left my 9900 in early 2013 when I got my Z10, and after I got the Q10 later that year I didn't feel like I was missing the toolbelt. Now that I have it back though, I really do value the extra row of buttons on BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    ny1979 likes this.
    06-30-15 01:27 AM
    Spec wise though the classic is pretty much a Q10 right?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 01:45 AM
    Hi!
    I would say go for the Classic, it is for me (the 7th BlackBerry in 6 years) the best phone, in terms of build quality, signal, reception, acoustics, battery life. You wanna trade the Passport for my Classic? )
    06-30-15 02:49 AM
    Hi!
    I would say go for the Classic, it is for me (the 7th BlackBerry in 6 years) the best phone, in terms of build quality, signal, reception, acoustics, battery life. You wanna trade the Passport for my Classic? )
    Serious?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 02:57 AM
    Last week I sold my Passport after finally receiving my Classic back from RMA, too bad the Classic died a few days later and I had to send it in again. So I am back on the Q10 since a couple of days.

What's striking first is the size and weight of the Q10. After months with Classic/Passport, the Q10 felt like it wouldn't weight anything at all! It is also more compact. The screen is smaller, much smaller, I already miss the Classic's screen. The keyboard is also worse compared to Classic. Not that the Q10 keyboard is bad, it really ain't, but for me the keys and feedback on the Classic is just better.

The most major difference was battery life. Maybe it is due to the fact the battery of the Q10 is now more than two years old, but the Q10 really struggles to get me through the day. The Classic was much more reliable in this regard.

If I need to choose, I'd get the Classic hands down. IMHO the only strength of the Q10 is the compact size and weight, maybe the removable battery. Besides that, for me the Classic offers much more in virtually every aspect.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 03:07 AM
    Camera?

Posted via CB10
    As far as I can tell, it's the same camera. People were reporting better quality with the Classic before but I think it was a software update, so I think a Q10 with the same OS should have the same quality...

Personally I have the Classic because I love the toolbelt and the battery life.

06-30-15 05:46 AM
    Definitely seem like Q10 is better deal right now. Classic has no updated specs just better battery and toolbelt from what I am seeing.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 05:57 AM
    One thing that you might or might not be interested in - the Q10 is pretty easy to take apart and put back together. If you ever have any part go bad on a Q10, it'll likely only be a $10 fix if you don't mind taking your phone apart (instead of having to buy a new phone). A few days ago I dropped a dumbbell on my Q10 and dented the side which led to the volume buttons not working. I simply replaced the black bezel with a silver one and now it works and looks great. I had never opened a phone before and it only took me 1 hour to fix my phone. I've also read about people replacing the Q10 keyboard when they get the double typing issue to completely fix it. Q10 parts are very cheap on Ebay (complete housing units with keyboard and LCD screen) only costs ~$12, keyboard alone only $5.
    It sounds like the Classic, just like the Q10, can develop double typing so it might be something to consider. I'm not sure if the Classic can be taken apart or not, but as of now I don't think you can buy any replacement parts or keyboard for that phone.
    Personally, I think the Q10 is the smarter choice - especially considering both phones have the exact same specs. Only reason to get Classic is if the toolbelt is really worth it to you. Otherwise you should probably get the Q10.
    Q10Bold and boilerkim like this.
    06-30-15 06:35 AM
    I thought the Classic also has Paratek antennas? So the reception should be better than on the Q10. So there are a few more differences regarding hardware. Also you can plugin a USB drive which isn't possible on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 06:36 AM
    they both offer entirely different phone experiences. Classic is hands down the better phone. keypad is superior, screen is superior, battery is superior, sound quality is also superior. Choosing the Q10 is taking a step backward.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 06:41 AM
    they both offer entirely different phone experiences. Classic is hands down the better phone. keypad is superior, screen is superior, battery is superior, sound quality is also superior. Choosing the Q10 is taking a step backward.

Posted via CB10
    Can't think of last time I said hey this sound quality sucks. I don't see classic as being worth the money. I will just look for a Q10 to buy for cheap.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 06:55 AM
    Same question I have?
    M what I have read, watched, and heard pretty much same you will "see" brighter pictures due to the classic screen being bright but overall quality is the same because its basically the same camera.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 07:29 AM
    Can't think of last time I said hey this sound quality sucks. I don't see classic as being worth the money. I will just look for a Q10 to buy for cheap.

Posted via CB10
    As I said in a previous post, if money is an issue then might as well get a Q10.

Posted with my  Classic
    06-30-15 07:39 AM
    I love the glasswave back on the Q10!
    06-30-15 07:48 AM
    As I said in a previous post, if money is an issue then might as well get a Q10.

Posted with my  Classic
    Not an issue just dont feel there is enough justification for classic over Q10

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 08:00 AM
111 123 ...