Same here, I always miss the other device, yet carrying both of them is too troublesome for my taste. I really can't decide which is the better device for me. I already wanted to sell one of them, but I just can't really make my mind about which of them.

Posted via CB10
    These truly feel like 1st World problems. lol

I am keeping both as well, use both every day, and whenever I have the itch I can switch(tm)
    Taigatrommel likes this.
    04-12-15 12:49 PM
    so it sounds like BlackBerry would have a huge hit on their hands with a Classic 2 having a much faster CPU, speakers as good as the Bold 9000, a slightly larger screen with 1280 x 1280 resolution... many are saying they like the Classic form factor but can't do without the performance of the Passport.

...at least that is my take on the comments from many posters who like the Classic but prefer / switched to the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    awindsr and kbz1960 like this.
    04-12-15 01:10 PM
    so it sounds like BlackBerry would have a huge hit on their hands with a Classic 2 having a much faster CPU, speakers as good as the Bold 9000, a slightly larger screen with 1280 x 1280 resolution... many are saying they like the Classic form factor but can't do without the performance of the Passport.

...at least that is my take on the comments from many posters who like the Classic but prefer / switched to the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    I might agree with everything except for the larger screen. Where would you price it?
    04-12-15 01:28 PM
    I will be using both. I like the idea of swapping out depending on my situation.
    awindsr likes this.
    04-12-15 01:44 PM
    I might agree with everything except for the larger screen. Where would you price it?
    I don't mean Passport large by the way... but larger enough that a 1280*1280 screen isn't just sharper than the 720*720 screen on the current Classic... also more useful and showing more information at a usable size... maybe upscale it by half the difference between the Classic and Passport widths.

A device almost as large as a Passport WITH the tool belt would have the advantage of being usable with one hand for everything except long form text editing, which most people do with two hands anyway: where the passport is almost impossible to even type short sms or tweets with one hand, a slightly smaller device might make one handed typing possible for short bursts, but for posts like this you put DOWN your coffee and use both hands. The too-good-to-actually-exist tool belt large screen slider pictured in my avatar is meant to be as wide as a Passport but having the tool belt you can do a lot without having to use two hands (except type anything that has the letters qazwsxed or plmoknij in it :-) as the left or right handed case may be.)

I think $699 for what many would call the best BlackBerry ever would be the expected price, esp because BlackBerry devices have to be produced in lower volumes than comparable Samsungs.

If they could do $599 they'd sell more, I wager.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 04-12-15 at 04:44 PM.
    04-12-15 04:30 PM
    That's actually a bad thing that if getting used to this keyboard means you can't use other, standard, keyboards well. I always like to keep to the more universal ways of doing things because you never know if you'll need to use another device someday... In my opinion of course.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    I think they ment they won't or don't want to use another keyboard

"Correct me grammar fascists! I'm ready!"
    04-29-15 11:26 PM
    I think they ment they won't or don't want to use another keyboard

"Correct me grammar fascists! I'm ready!"
    It's not always about "wanting" to. What if you were forced to, like say you're asked to type something on someone else's phone, or you lose your phone or your phone breaks and you're forced to use another phone temporarily until you get a replacement, etc.
    04-30-15 12:01 AM
    You need to use the Passport for at least a week so you can get accustomed to it. It took me a week to get the hang of it. The Passport is a really great device, but the Classic is my daily driver because the size is just right.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. You summed it up well.

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    04-30-15 06:20 AM
    I also have both and I use them the same. I love them both. But sometimes I find my self trying to swipe up the word on the classic and forgetting to do it on the Passport. But the 2 phones are the best in the market on productivity.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    04-30-15 10:00 AM
    @idssteve and OP BlackBerry need more people like you. Dedicated and cognizance.

Did not know you had a PP and Q10 along with the Classic and 99.

Loyalist like the people in CB is what keeps it alive.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 10:01 AM
    Reposting from another thread. Just want to share...

Got my Classic last Tuesday (my 11th BlackBerry phone since the 9700... and counting!! Woot woot!!). I came from the Passport (but will still be using it). Why the shift? I still love the Passport...but I travel a lot and I have a hard time replying to messages with the Passport using one hand while on the go (the other hand pulling my luggage). I will not rotate between my Passport and Classic...but will use them both. I will be carrying the Classic all the time and leave the Passport in the bag. =)

When I got my Classic...wifey said...."another BlackBerry phone?!! What will you do with the rest of your BlackBerry phones?"

....ummm....collect them?? =)

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    EdwardQ10 likes this.
    04-30-15 10:40 AM
    Got one classic for fun recently, thinking that I might like the nostalgia with the tool belt and the Bold keyboard. Well.. it didn't turn out as I were hoping for..

The down grade from a faster, bigger and better screen Passport is not enough to justify the softer and clicky keyboard tool belt combo. Perhaps the touch sensitive Passport keyboard has already become a second nature to me.The result I am sticking to the Passport for now and relegate the Classic to others
    05-11-15 12:05 AM
    I'm thinking about making the switch from my Passport even though I love the device. The screen size is fantastic to browse around, even for media consumption it works quite okay and battery life is amazing. Features like the capacitive keyboard add up to the great experience. However there are some specific reasons that made me think about the switch.

Mainly it's the size and form factor. The Passport is amazing but it is HUGE, which is often inconvenient for me. When I travel I want to be able to use my device one-handed, like I could with my Q10. This is impossible with the Passport. Additionally it can be a pain to carry this device around in tighter pants. I have to take it out of the pocket every time I tie my shoes. Generally, when sitting I have to take it out of my pocket, be it on a plane, in a car or on a normal office chair. Here's the next thing, it doesn't fit any cupholder unless you're driving a super duty truck.

The Classic has the traditional BlackBerry form factor that I love. The Classic specifically also seems like a good compromise between screen size and overall compactness and even though I got used to the Passport's keyboard I still prefer the four row fully featured QWERTY keyboard of the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 01:55 AM
    I also compare many pictures I took with Classic and Passport. Passport pictures are mostly superior especially indoor. Surprisingly sometime (not always) better than iph6. Another reason why am I sticking with PP for now

Size is not and issue for me although I would love a smaller bezel for a bigger screen and slightly better material to keep the weight and thickness in check in line with competitors for a future PP
    05-11-15 02:55 AM
89 ... 234