My girlfriend has the Classic and I have the Passport (both on AT&T). I have played around with hers for awhile, but the keyboard feels to cramped for my liking. Nonetheless, this is just because I am used to my Passport. When I first got it, the wide keyboard took some adjustment (mostly due to the spacebar placement and virtual symbols row). Now, it is by far my favorite typing experience.

As a daily driver, I prefer the Passport. All my fears of using it on the go, at work, etc were erased after a few days of use. The keyboard (and gestures) are amazing and the screen size is fantastic for web browsing and writing emails. It fits in all my pockets with ease and is not nearly as heavy as I thought it would be. Back when I had my z10 for 2 years, I always typed with two hands with my thumbs, so using the Passport with two hands is not a problem for me.

There is, however, one thing that I am very jealous of my girlfriend of: the trackpad. Sure, the Passport keyboard can act as a pseudo-trackpad, but it is not nearly as efficient or capable as the Classic trackpad. Scrolling between fields when registering for websites, using the mouse pointer on webpages, and text editing is way easier on the Classic than on my Passport. I hope that a future software release will give the Passport keyboard more trackpad functionality. The less I have to touch the screen, the better.

BlackBerry Passport / OS 10.3.1.2480/ SQW100-3 / BBM 2C05E109
    03-21-15 04:58 PM
    After going from my Z30 to the Passport, I was already getting accustom to a larger, heavier phone for the obvious screen and battery advantages.

The typing experience took a while to become enjoyable on the Passport, but after learning the keyboard swipe gestures and modeling them into my typing style ive come to really enjoy typing on the Passport.

When the Classic came out, I was hoping it would be a flashback of my 9900 days (I considered selling my Z30 for a 9900 at one point) and after using it for a few weeks, yes, it was a definitely a flashback of my 9900 days... GREAT keyboard, great functionality with the track pad... slow to open anything, slow animations, OK battery life (crappy when compared to Passport), OK screen (again, crappy when compared to PP)...

The trade offs just didn't make sense to go FROM the Passport TO the Classic... I had gotten spoiled with the Passport and there was no changing my mind... even with a great device like the Classic

Maybe when the Classic 2 rolls around, with better specs, higher res screen... ill give it another go, but with this new slider its competition is definitely getting stiffer as time goes on
    Attachment 342451

Attachment 342452

Posted via my BlackBerry Classic
    What a beast! Sure wish I could get one for Verizon ;(

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.1.1448
    03-21-15 10:00 PM
    Been using classic since last 4 days. Was on passport for 4 months with iPhone 6 plus. Classic is alright in all sense for daily use except for battery part. Compared to passport the keyboard is completely different, I keep swiping on keys for predicted text. Keys a much soft and spacious om passport but naturally clicky on classic. It's definitely handy than passport.
    My only problem is battery life. It's half day and already on 40% with few calls and few minutes surfing, half hr music. Wish it could go on for a day else will need to switch back to passport.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 05:45 AM
    Just got myself a BlackBerry Classic as a secondary phone.
    One thing I noticed that its lagging really bad in BBM with a couple of chats and two groups. So much so I had to go back to Passport.

Does anyone have lots of chats in their BBM?

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-25-15 05:26 AM
    I've switched back and forth between both a few times but I finally settled on the Passport. Battery and speed were the deciding factors for me. My advice is to not try the Passport before the Classic if you are on the fence on which one to get and prefer the smaller form factor. If you do try the Passport prior to the Classic you will notice the Classics minor shortcomings more easily. That's when indecisiveness kicks in... form factor vs better specs but larger footprint. Good luck to all those stuck between both of these devices! My AT&T Classic is now for sale with a wireless power mat. PM me if interested.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 07:26 AM
    I've had great results battery life wise. I'm usually unplugged by 7am to take my boys to the bus stop. Work till at least 5 and I'm usually not plugging in till 10-11pm at bedtime. Using my phone throughout the day (web,text,emails,Facebook and Twitter).

As far as slow downs I've had no issues. Once after a ton of updates (shortly after purchase) I rebooted because a couple apps where acting weird. That resolved that though.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 07:33 AM
    @cespinal: Do you keep your phone in your shirt pocket?
    03-25-15 04:40 PM
    I have a non-AT&T Classic vs. AT&T Passport. I have used Classic for about 1.5 months and Passport for 5 days.

My goal was to try Passport in the same rigorous environment where I use Classic. Setup was to switch contacts and messages to Passport for 24 hours. All backups and data transfers went as planned.

The Passport is faster, especially switching between apps. It runs Fitbit more quickly, syncs go faster and food entry and lookup is at least 50% faster. The screen is magnificent. The capacitive keyboard is fun but harder to manipulate the swipe-up for words than my z30. The Home Screen is different and lacks a Hub icon and noticed that I opened the phone app a couple times. No big deal. No flicker. I ran the latest OS leaked by Bla1ze. Audio in side by side comparison with same selection was slightly more rich on Passport. The case of the AT&T passport is awesome, very luxurious and smooth, well weighted, great construction. Battery life was superb, used 41%.

After 9 active hours, I resigned and switched back to Classic.

In a nutshell, the form factor of the Passport is unwieldy and always makes you feel like you will drop it. All the time. The keyboard is too low leaving a heavy top end. The keys are just too large to make typing comfortable. One hand typing is almost impossible. You'll drop it.

And there it is, the Classic has slightly lesser specs but passes the usability test. For its minor shortcomings on performance, I will use Classic as my daily driver because of its fit which improves MY messaging performance, and that over arches device performance.

I like the Passport for what it packs but it'll stay as my personal device. My primary work device remains a Classic.

If in 30 days I feel the Passport warrants another shot I'll give it a whirl. If I haven't dropped it...
    Geez, imagine the Classic with Passport specs. Would be a near perfect device. Oh well, that's expecting too much from BB. Maybe they'll change that in the future...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-25-15 06:32 PM
    Geez, imagine the Classic with Passport specs. Would be a near perfect device. Oh well, that's expecting too much from BB. Maybe they'll change that in the future...

Thank you for feeling included. Where would you price this, could you add some useful stuff?
    03-25-15 08:15 PM
    @cespinal: Do you keep your phone in your shirt pocket?
    Can't say that I've tried that. I normally carry my phone in my rear pocket.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 08:16 PM
    Thank you for feeling included. Where would you price this, could you add some useful stuff?
    I pay for whatever's worth my money. A good phone is worth $600 more than a mediocre phone is worth $450 in my opinion...

Sorry for the poor English, I know I can say that better, but feeling lazy, lol.

03-25-15 08:22 PM
    It's difficult to balance all factors going into a phone. Many look at the 750-1000 apple price and balk. 650 for passport is too much for some.

Classic is well priced for power and capability. To speed it up would increase price and disenfranchise an entire price point group.
    03-29-15 11:52 PM
    It's difficult to balance all factors going into a phone. Many look at the 750-1000 apple price and balk. 650 for passport is too much for some.

Classic is well priced for power and capability. To speed it up would increase price and disenfranchise an entire price point group.
    And that's why there should be options...

03-30-15 09:28 AM
    And that's why there should be options...

That's non parsable - could you provide examples of the options and how you'd re-price?
    03-30-15 03:40 PM
    That's non parsable - could you provide examples of the options and how you'd re-price?
    Curve or Bold
    Q5 or Q10
    Z10 or Z30
    Classic or... nevermind, just Classic...

03-30-15 03:44 PM
    what do you thing about keyboard ? which one is better - on classic or passport ?
    03-30-15 04:00 PM
    what do you thing about keyboard ? which one is better - on classic or passport ?
    I switch back and forth all day long. Classic keyboard is smooth as butter, the keys are easy to press, everything fits right, my accuracy is through the roof, and my typing speed is better than a screen-touch keyboard.

My biggest beef with the Passport keyboard keys is that they are more difficult to press than the Classic - and you will be constantly hitting V or B when trying to hit the spacebar. My other comment was that the keyboard is too low on the Passport giving that sense of tipping out of your hand all the time. No one-hand typing unless you're Lou Ferrigno...
    03-30-15 07:42 PM
    I own both. PP is the GREATEST surfing "phablet", IMO. Mine lives most of it's life on the desk, tho. Replacing my old Q10 for that mostly surfing role. For heavy text work and data entry, i grab the Classic. Same reasons you state.

I'm glad to own both PP and Classic but if force to pick, Classic wins hands down.
    anon9133023 likes this.
    03-30-15 10:56 PM
    Passport for me

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 12:08 AM
    Passport for me

Posted via CB10

What went into your choice?
    03-31-15 11:45 AM
    I sometimes use my Passport back at home for browsing. However, most of. the time I quickly switch back to the Classic. As already stated, the Passport is a great device with a lot of appeal, yet for daily use I find it kind of limiting.

Posted via CB10
    I have to admit something. Shortly after I wrote this post, I had the strange urge to try the Passport as the daily driver again. I thought it would be kind of fair, now both devices are on 10.3.1 and maybe some of my gripes got fixed.
    So right now, after almost two weeks, I still use my Passport as my daily driver. My main gripes still aren't fixed: I still type too fast and hitting the shift key often results in two capitalised letters, the not 100% responsive shift key, for whatever reason, also isn't fixed but got somewhat better. Yet besides all of this, I keep using the Passport and started liking it again. The greatest thing remains the battery:
    I usually just need to charge the device every second night. Leaving home for work with just 50% battery left? Still nothing to worry about. I also enjoy that awesome screen and the formfactor still is unique for many reasons. I don't want to say I love the size, but it has a strange appeal to it, even though it's sometimes harder to handle compared to the more pocketable phones.

I just hope the Passport holds up better than the Classic, my Classic had initially a very good build quality, yet after just a bit over two months two keys developed a rather unhealthy loud clicking sound, the back button makes cracking noises even when you just press it slightly. It feels like my Classic would already be almost two years instead of just over two months old.

Posted via CB10
    tom4golf likes this.
    04-01-15 03:50 AM
    Personally, I think the Q10 is one of the best phone out there.

- Charles
    04-01-15 05:52 AM
    Have and use both. Best.....CLASSIC with caveat. Passport is faster and better screen but the keyboard on the Classic and the size is brilliant. I originally had lag issues on the Classic but I put it on WiFi (no sim) for a week connected to my email and everything and it stabilized the OS and registered all email. So when I put my sim in there was and is no lag. Size on Classic and keyboard make it the best. Best specs and screen is the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 12:23 PM
    I've been using the Classic since it was released on Verizon. The only reason I upgraded from the Q10 was the dreaded double typing issue - otherwise I'd still be happily using it. The larger and brighter display alone is worth the upgrade to me, not to mention the added battery life. I really wanted a Passport, but after playing with a demo at the AT&T store I could tell it was just too big for my taste. I'm set for the next 2yrs with this Classic and have no regrets al all.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.1.1448
    04-01-15 03:10 PM
    [WARN]Knock off the personal crap and stick to the topic.

I don't think people want to be finding infraction points in their Easter baskets ... but they might.

Thank you.[/WARN]
    04-03-15 06:21 AM
89 1234