I have been using my Classic now for a few years as daily driver and have to say its been fantastic, battery is still excellent and the hub indispensable, also one-handed usage is easy mostly, lacks of apps isn't an issue as I also have an old Android that I use for WhatsApp with my girlfriend (she refuses to communicate any other way so we use for voice/messaging/photos).

Because I use OS10 so much and like it I decided to buy a passport and found one with a good battery and in clean condition (a few marks, not major) for under $80 US (actually 60 UK pounds), I had never used a Passport but bigger is better, more RAM/CPU it must be better.

So it has arrived and I must say I like it, but day to day? I have to say I prefer the classic easily - it just feels better, slightly more durable (although the Passport is well built), easier to pocket, use and just doesn't get in the way.

So will continue with the Classic day to day (and have the Passport as my backup/spare) - not disappointed with the Passport, just I realize now how much more "functional" the Classic is.

Just my thoughts and maybe other Classic owners feel the same way.

PS.
    It may have to do with 8700 (2006-2008) 9000 (2008-2011) and 9900 (free from Alec Saunders!!!) 2011-2017. Perhaps got use to the form factor.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    07-30-20 05:04 PM
    Not sure if you realize this but you can still use WhatsApp on your Classic. Just download the apk from here: https://www.whatsapp.com/android/ . It won't run as well as on an android device but I believe it works reasonably well.
    07-30-20 07:07 PM
    thanks brookie

I was vaguely aware of this but I was told that it would completely suck my battery ((( exp. if running in the background... so I didn't try... perhaps I will just to see if that was true!
    07-31-20 04:42 AM
    I have been using my Classic now for a few years as daily driver and have to say its been fantastic, battery is still excellent and the hub indispensable, also one-handed usage is easy mostly, lacks of apps isn't an issue as I also have an old Android that I use for WhatsApp with my girlfriend (she refuses to communicate any other way so we use for voice/messaging/photos).

Because I use OS10 so much and like it I decided to buy a passport and found one with a good battery and in clean condition (a few marks, not major) for under $80 US (actually 60 UK pounds), I had never used a Passport but bigger is better, more RAM/CPU it must be better.

So it has arrived and I must say I like it, but day to day? I have to say I prefer the classic easily - it just feels better, slightly more durable (although the Passport is well built), easier to pocket, use and just doesn't get in the way.

So will continue with the Classic day to day (and have the Passport as my backup/spare) - not disappointed with the Passport, just I realize now how much more "functional" the Classic is.

Just my thoughts and maybe other Classic owners feel the same way.

PS.
    It may have to do with 8700 (2006-2008) 9000 (2008-2011) and 9900 (free from Alec Saunders!!!) 2011-2017. Perhaps got use to the form factor.
    I have to agree on the form factor front, the Classic is just so much easier to pocket and handle in general.

I remember getting my passport and having a real hard time carrying it around, I eventually got a case with a belt clip which made it more manageable but still a pain.

I had my passport before my classic and used it for the 2 years it was on contract but the classic was a breath of fresh air, just to be able to pick it up and throw it in my pocket was great, just a pity the specs of the classic weren’t the same as the passport, the only drawback, but I never found it a hindrance as I didn’t run power hungry android apps.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    07-31-20 11:32 AM
    Whatsapp runs fine on my Q10,and sure doesn't drain even it's tiny battery, and I leave it on in the background all the time.

I like the Passport and Classic both, but I would have an issue lugging the big unit around all day. I carry the Q10, and if it stops working, I'd switch to the Classic or Z30.

BB10 definitely feels better with the higher specs, but I don't tend to work the phones hard regardless.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-20 04:47 PM
    Classic is the best phone about form factor. But BB10 runs smoothly with higher spec as Passport. It is Hard to select which one is daily driver.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    07-31-20 09:13 PM
    I own both mostly as coffee table devices. I prefer using the passport I enjoy the keyboard.
    08-01-20 03:44 PM
    I returned to BB10 this spring. I do most all my communicating via my laptop and tablet, but wanted a phone for calls, texts and organizing. Also dont do social media. I missed BB10 and am so glad Ive returned as long as ATT will let me. I got both a quality used Passport and Classic and did a three week try out, switching sims after doing a week's work.I had owned both before but needed to see. I went with the Classic for its form factor. Its faster to use, more familar to my typing style coming from a KeyOne. A better camera and just easier to navigate. I do miss though the screen, video, speakers and larger processor of Passport. But ease of use and size did it for me. Its just so personal, each user can see what works for them, and then use as long as the carriers will allow it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-02-20 01:01 AM
    I would prefer the Passport over the Classic. The battery life is better, the processor faster and more RAM and ROM. I own both and the form factor of the Classic with the small touchpad is really great but it is just to slow and the battery to fast empty.
    08-02-20 05:07 AM