Am I the only one?

After years with the 9900 and being able to do EVERYTHING single-handed I now have to use both hands to navigate through multiple swipes on the Classic.

Also I miss the status bar with e-mails/text and twitter message status, coupled with the track pad this was a lethal combination.

I miss the 9900 even after just a day or so... it was my old friend... but needed Maps and a decent browser.... both lacking in BB7... had no choice to upgrade... oh yes... BIS gone.... really annoys me... used BIS worldwide and was rock solid... now history...

May have to carry two devices.
    07-30-17 05:39 PM
    There are several folks on the 9900 / 9930 forums who still use them.

I switched to BB10 over a year ago, give it a week - internet is faster, Gmail, calendar and Google contacts just work without walk-arounds, and in my opinion the keyboard is better.

The alerts are now displayed on the lock splash screen.
    edikat likes this.
    07-31-17 09:06 AM
    I loved my 9900. For me the Classic is the closest successor to that phone. I didn't really notice a huge shift in how I used either. That may be because I didn't move directly from the 9900 to the Classic. I went Z10 - Q10 - Z30 - Classic. By the time I got to the Classic I was so used to BB10's gestures and then the Classic gave me back the track pad and tool belt. It felt more like coming back to the 9900 by the time I started using the Classic.
    edikat and rayporsche like this.
    07-31-17 12:22 PM
    Well it seems as well built as the 9900.

The last straw with the 9900 as my main device however came last year when on business in Moldova (a small country near Ukraine) when the Maps application pulled up a map of the country that consisted of *ONE* road

Suffice to say my navigation suffered greatly

The 9900 replaced an old Bold 9000 that replaced a 8700 that replaced a 6230 (?) I was given in 2003 back at my old job, so been with Blackberry now nearly 15 years!
    Playeroflife likes this.
    07-31-17 04:09 PM
    I agree with the mapping issues, my 9930 guided me to the middle of a cornfield.

BB10 mapping usually puts me within 500 feet of my destination. Have to laugh on trips as we usually drive past the hotels and have to turn around.

A minor glitch as I prefer the pkb.
    08-01-17 09:15 AM
    What I would like to see is an upgraded hardware Classic, instead of a Dual Core 2GB something like a quad or even octa-core with say 3GB, along with an OS that will be supported and upgraded.

I am realistic however and appreciate RIM/Blackberry releasing the classic for those of us that desperately needed a 9900 replacement.

Long ago I had an HTC Cha Cha... the only Android (from 2011..) that resembled a blackberry.... it was quite a decent little phone.. surprised no manufacturer hasn't created an upgraded "corporate like" version.

Ironically the Cha Cha received rave reviews on Amazon... yet it was still never upgraded.. customers loved the keyboard (and it was nowhere near the quality of a Blackberry).
    Frehley and Dude_9 like this.
    08-01-17 10:33 AM
    The extra button was nice. Would still use mine for talk and text however it does not read some texts anymore.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-17 08:39 PM
    A new classic would be great, passport like specs would rock! Think I would rather a deal with microsoft or google for some quality Native apps

Posted via CB10
    08-11-17 08:44 PM
    I've been able to use the Classic one handed, but it sure is hard to reach that "A" key and the menus on the left side.
    08-12-17 07:08 AM