Recently changed from Z 10 to Classic. How can I change the virt keyboard on the Classic so that when trying to unlock the screen, simple numbers, no characters will come up. When I try to unlock my screen, I can get letters or switch to screen with all the numbers/characters. I would prefer to have letters and/or numbers come up only. Thanks. And thanks Chen.
    05-09-15 08:00 AM
    MMMMM huh?

There is no virtual keyboard

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 T-Mobile 4G LTE
    05-10-15 01:31 AM
    Recently changed from Z 10 to Classic. How can I change the virt keyboard on the Classic so that when trying to unlock the screen, simple numbers, no characters will come up. When I try to unlock my screen, I can get letters or switch to screen with all the numbers/characters. I would prefer to have letters and/or numbers come up only. Thanks. And thanks Chen.
    If you want a VKB, why did you bought a Classic?

Posted via my awesome Classic
    eji930 likes this.
    05-10-15 02:14 AM
    ^^ clearly you have no idea what he is talking about. He is asking if you can switch from the number/letter unlock screen to just a number unlock screen.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 03:17 AM
    My unlock screen is set up for all numbers. However, I chose to use the more secure picture/number password.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 12:26 PM
    First, the virtual keyboard on Q5/Q10/Classic is for symbols only. There is no other kind of virtual keyboard on these models. You may sometimes invoke the Android keyboard in certain Android apps/ports, but that's irrelevant in this case.

Second, you have a full fledged keyboard on the classic with numbers written right on top of certain keys. Why would you want or even need a num pad virtual keyboard? Use the hardware keyboard by either pressing alt and entering numbers if you're using a combination of letters and numbers as your password, or just use the keys normally without alt but following the sequence of numbers you wish to use as a password if you're trying to emulate the simple password feature of the Z10/Z30/Z3 models.

Posted via CB10
    eji930 likes this.
    05-10-15 12:33 PM
    Y'know, I have a Passport, and I *wish* I could have the numbers written on the keyboards instead of having them on the VKB. Sure, I could invoke them by swabbing down the keyboard twice, but it still breaks the typing rhythm and I hate that.
    05-10-15 10:13 PM
    ^^ clearly you have no idea what he is talking about. He is asking if you can switch from the number/letter unlock screen to just a number unlock screen.

Posted via CB10
    If this is accurate, it should have been stated much clearer..............

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 T-Mobile 4G LTE
    05-10-15 11:56 PM
    My unlock screen is set up for all numbers. However, I chose to use the more secure picture/number password.

Posted via CB10
    I don't like picture password. It's cool, but God damn it takes too long to unlock. Then again, that's the price you pay for security.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 03:12 AM