Have a Classic, had a Q10...thinking about going back to the Q10 because the Classic is just a bit too bulky in my smaller hands. Anyone know of a BIG downside to going back to the Q10?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 11:52 PM
    I love my Q10 but the Classic just feels so much better. You will miss the tool belt.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 12:07 AM
    I went from the Q10 to Passport to the Classic/Passport.

How long have you had the Classic for? I'd give it time so you can adjust before switching back.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 12:16 AM
    The Classic is basically just a Q10 but slightly bigger.

I believe they hold the same specs, but the Classic holds a bigger display, bigger keyboard, and the signature toolbelt.

Posted via  Z30 STA100-2 |
    05-25-15 12:28 AM
    The Q10 is the size of the 9900 with a larger screen because of the absence of the toolbelt. I have to agree that the 9900 was the perfect size and felt just right in your hands. I find the Classic a little bulky also. I really don't like how it sticks out the top of my shirt pockets, makes me look like a nerd with a pocket protector full of pens etc...
    05-25-15 12:32 AM
    I have Q10 and had Classic, and I don't think Classic holds double value towards Q10.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 02:00 AM
    Whichever one you like more, use it. I don't really understand the point of these types of threads...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-25-15 02:05 AM
    My take on this is that while the Classic did indeed have a better antenna, bigger screen, bigger keyboard and better battery life, it inexplicably lagged for me at times. I tried opening my calendar while out with friends and it refused to load any of the entries, just showing everything as blank. I've had a Q10 for two years and I never had something like that happen. I had this happen numerous times over that initial week. Maybe it was the OS, who knows.

The size, while great for comfortable typing and viewing content, was larger than I need for my uses, which are very basic - heavy on communication, light on viewing anything other than text. I'm a minimalist and I found the size to be a bit bulkier than I prefer, especially once it got warm out and I didn't have large coat pockets to throw it in. I appreciate the Q10's sleek form.

And as for the vaunted trackpad, I was very surprised to find that I wasn't using it, to the point that I asked myself, "what is the point of this tool belt for me?" Even for text editing - which was the big reason I was so excited to try it out - it felt awkward to me. I think it speaks volumes for BB10 that some of us have reached a point where it seems more of a nuisance than an asset.

In short, I was craving the Q10 and it felt great to get back to it. I returned the Classic despite its many great qualities. I still think it's an awesome phone, like each of the BB10 phones, frankly. If I had unlimited funds I'd own one of each. But having owned almost all of them for various time periods, the Q10 is what I always wanted to come back to.
    05-25-15 02:19 AM