Since Classic is the obvious upgrade path for pre-bb10 devices, it's going to be bullied, there's simply no choice. Those of us that adapt quickly see and love it for what it is. Non first-adopters will struggle as they make the switch to new hardware and software.

During this extremely difficult and complex transition, people will find reasons to complain. This is not unusual - those of us trained to spot the behavior understand immediately what is going on. You are changing muscle memory, cognitive behavior, and habit all at the same time. This "mind grind" pokes it's head out in odd but predictable ways.

These behaviors have been studied for decades, and many truisms can be learned from studying the outcome of the studies. I had the opportunity to work with BlessingWhite back in the 90's, and learned a lot about how people deal with change.

I'll give you the most important piece of information I retained, and ask that you consider it:

The MINIMUM amount of time required for you to change anything about you is 30 physical days.
    evodevo69 likes this.
    02-08-15 12:23 PM
    I thought it was 21 days to make a new habit.

I give up on working out by day 20. Maybe I need to stick with it a little longer. Haha

You are right, making a change can be difficult. I don't blame people for complaining about the new changes. Some complaints are legitimate, but some are just people not giving the new OS some time. Either way, I like the Classic and Passport. I hope BlackBerry keeps bringing new and different devices.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 01:56 PM
    Yep it's 30. I believe days 20-25 have the highest fall off

Important to note these folks are holdouts. They've watched multiple generations of phones go by. Some have tried other brands only to return. So it runs very deeply in their psyche and they are extremely protective.
    02-08-15 08:06 PM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Yes it takes time... but then you can't go back!! Lol

From my awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 08:54 PM
    Yes it takes time... but then you can't go back!! Lol

From my awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    This is very very true. I pick up my Samsung tablet and start swiping up from the bottom of the screen to make things go away [minimize]... and it doesn't work!
    02-09-15 11:28 AM
    Geez...I've done that to my mac book pro...

However, I can empathize with those switching from OS7 to BB10...going to a q10 from a 9900 and I can tell ya, it took some time...

But once on 10...you'll wonder why ya didn't do it sooner...Sooooo much better!

Rocking the superlative Z30 (STA100-5)....just wow!
    02-10-15 01:26 PM
    30 days? Who made this rule? We all have our x number of days. And we all choose when the effort is over...

All Hail Thorsten. Mother and Father of my Beloved Z10.
    02-10-15 03:29 PM
    30 days? Who made this rule? We all have our x number of days. And we all choose when the effort is over...

All Hail Thorsten. Mother and Father of my Beloved Z10.
    Bob is just a jellyfish in the ocean of my brain.
    02-10-15 05:57 PM
    I've also heard 90 days.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 06:28 PM
    I've also heard 90 days.

Posted via CB10
    30 � 90 correct?
    02-10-15 09:43 PM
    I'm a huge bb10 fan despite my complaints. The Classic upsets even me, and I want to like it so badly. It's just too slow, and the trackpad is just too small.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 10:52 PM
    It took me may be couple of days to make the transition from Bold9900 to Z10 when it arrived. And then I was just wondering why it took so long to BlackBerry to put this OS to market??? It is too damn good to not trying it.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 11:31 PM
    Just convinced an old friend to get one, she spent exactly 1 minute with mine and is ready to drive to Bezos' house to get one.
    02-11-15 06:38 PM
    It takes me 30 seconds to adapt to any change because I'm half man half amazing.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 09:29 PM
    Like Borg without a link to the Collective, it's going to get weird here over the next few weeks.
    02-20-15 10:09 AM
    There is too much focus on change for the sake of change, separate from the consideration of the situation.

Say your car is broken and it takes 2 hours for you to fix it with the wrench from your toolbox, but you could have "upgraded" your wrench that would have allowed you to fix the problem in half the time. In order to upgrade your wrench however, you need to drive into town to buy the wrench, upgrade the maintenance plan, and get a new toolbox for it. Now that 2 hour job just turned into half a day and cost money that you need not have spent in the first place.

It is not change that is the problem. These are tools to accomplish a specific set of tasks, and if the upgrade is more work and more money than using the existing device there is nothing to gain from upgrading. Just peer pressure.
    anon(9155131) likes this.
    02-20-15 11:51 AM
    I think BlackBerry made a potential marketing mistake. By calling it Classic, the assumption is its just like the older phones in the line from a functional perspective.

Classic, in our current case, means that the phone will sweep the market like the original devices did. While there's aspects hearkening back to the old days, it's an all new product with multiple uses. It's Classic BlackBerry to build a great device.

I think they could probably make a BlackBerry "Original" or "Throwback" which would literally exactly duplicate features of the deprecated lines with updated hardware. I don't think that would attract any new users, and only pull a fraction of existing users.

Tough nut to Crack. I think John Chen is doing well given the wreckage of the company.
    02-20-15 03:55 PM
    Yep it's 30. I believe days 20-25 have the highest fall off

Important to note these folks are holdouts. They've watched multiple generations of phones go by. Some have tried other brands only to return. So it runs very deeply in their psyche and they are extremely protective.
    This is me in a nutshell. Had a Curve for 3 years and was eyeballing the new OS10's from the second they came out. However I held off and held off, even when the Q5/Q10's came out. I wanted a qwerty AND a belt. So now I pay the price that I'm behind the times on OS10 but I ended up with the physical device I wanted. Just takes some time to adjust.

Posted from my Classic
    anon9133023 likes this.
    02-20-15 07:11 PM
    I was similar, but I did get the Q10. For months I kept saying that I wanted to go back to the Torch, but inertia took over and I never did. I did carry both for a while though. I get the Classic on Tuesday, I hope the belt helps alleviate what I feel that I had lost. A "back" button mostly.
    02-21-15 07:31 PM
    And the Borg drone on endlessly on asking about battery, tool belts, speed, shortcuts, ad nauseum.

I'm whipping up a batch of nutritional supplement 14-beta-7 and 13-alpha.
    02-24-15 05:31 PM