So it just hit me that if the Toolbelt on the classic is customizable or the back button brings you to and from the hub while the bb button brings up the menu I'd get it over the Z30.

Edit: also would I just be able to type say for instance call john and it brings it up into intelligent assistance? I think the Q10 does this but not sure.

Anyone have any info on if this would be possible?
    09-07-14 04:04 PM
    Nothing official regarding this has been mentioned, but we will know later this month when the 10.3.1 SDK releases.

It seems pretty straight forward what the call, end, and back button (just a replacement for the back key in the bottom action bar) will do. The BB key is where it gets interesting. I'm wondering if it will just bring up the overflow menu from the right in apps.

That's just my interpretation though. If this is the case, then more content will be shown rather than that action bar always being present at the bottom. This added with the larger display than the Q10 (by 0.4") could be huge. As usual though, we'll see.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 06:07 PM
    Nothing official regarding this has been mentioned, but we will know later this month when the 10.3.1 SDK releases.

It seems pretty straight forward what the call, end, and back button (just a replacement for the back key in the bottom action bar) will do. The BB key is where it gets interesting. I'm wondering if it will just bring up the overflow menu from the right in apps.

That's just my interpretation though. If this is the case, then more content will be shown rather than that action bar always being present at the bottom. This added with the larger display than the Q10 (by 0.4") could be huge. As usual though, we'll see.

Posted via CB10
    I'm hoping when you're on the home screen the back key brings you to the hub or the BB, give me that and I'll buy it.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 07:30 PM
    I'm hoping when you're on the home screen the back key brings you to the hub or the BB, give me that and I'll buy it.
    I sort of doubt that. I imagine it will work like it did with BB7 where the back button will keep going back until you're on the homescreen and holding back will take you to it immediately. Just a guess though.

BUT, on the Classic it's confirmed that there is now a hub soft key on the homescreen now in place of where the call key is currently on BB10 (attached). That should take you right into the hub.
    Classic Toolbelt-img_20140907_182320.png

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 08:23 PM
    BUT, on the Classic it's confirmed that there is now a hub soft key on the homescreen now in place of where the call key is currently on BB10 (attached). That should take you right into the hub.

Have the hub icon on the screen kind of defeats the purpose of having a phone with physical keys IMO. I think they should have put one of the keys on the side dedicated to going straight to the hub, but lets not jump the gun. Waiting to see if the have a physical key dedicated to this task or allow you to customize one
    09-07-14 11:36 PM
    I will be getting the classic soon as it drop!!

Posted via CB10
    JGoodard and so crow like this.
    09-08-14 06:03 PM
    When you hit the back button on the classic from the home screen it does nothing. From the hub you go to the home screen.

I just got to play with one. It is so nice Def what the q10 should have been. Strange it is running os 172.3.0.2056

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 02:39 PM
    When you hit the back button on the classic from the home screen it does nothing. From the hub you go to the home screen.

I just got to play with one. It is so nice Def what the q10 should have been. Strange it is running os 172.3.0.2056

Posted via CB10
    Tell us more about the toolbelt! MOOOAAARRR

Also, is there a cursor on screen at all times? Trackpad interaction with app tray, etc. Tell tel tel!
    09-11-14 03:42 PM
    I spent more time on the passport so I didn?t get too in depth. Cursor is not onscreen all the time. The trackpad selector shows up when you start to use it. Hitting the back button in an app minimizes back to active frames. The menu button opens up the overflow menu the them reel dots.

Posted via CB10
    madx80h likes this.
    09-11-14 04:14 PM
    I spent more time on the passport so I didn?t get too in depth. Cursor is not onscreen all the time. The trackpad selector shows up when you start to use it. Hitting the back button in an app minimizes back to active frames. The menu button opens up the overflow menu the them reel dots.

Posted via CB10
    Anything there about customizing a key to bring us to the hub?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 04:16 PM
    Anything there about customizing a key to bring us to the hub?

Posted via CB10
    Why would you want a separate key for the hub? Doesn't the reversed L swipe (up, then right) get you quickly to the hub from any screen? Isn't that one of the best features of BB10?

Posted via Z10
    slagman5 likes this.
    09-11-14 09:02 PM
    Why would you want a separate key for the hub? Doesn't the reversed L swipe (up, then right) get you quickly to the hub from any screen? Isn't that one of the best features of BB10?

Posted via Z10
    I agree. That gesture works from just about anywhere, so it's definitely the preferred method to getting into the hub...
    ediggity likes this.
    09-11-14 11:10 PM

Posted via Z10
    That is perfect for a full touch screen phone. If I'm getting a phone that has buttons then why would I not want the option to just press a single button and be brought straight to the hub? Now if you can do the L swipe via the trackpad then there wouldnt be a need for a button and I would be ok. Not much info about the device out there so I was just asking.
    09-12-14 12:07 AM
    That is perfect for a full touch screen phone. If I'm getting a phone that has buttons then why would I not want the option to just press a single button and be brought straight to the hub? Now if you can do the L swipe via the trackpad then there wouldnt be a need for a button and I would be ok. Not much info about the device out there so I was just asking.
    You mean as opposed to pressing a single icon on the screen?

How would the L swipe on the trackpad even make sense when you can already do it on the screen loll

Anyway, I do agree it does make sense to have a button that takes you to the HUB since it's such a often used area. Makes more sense than dedicating the back button to minimizing apps to active frames when you can just swipe up.

Aside from the trackpad for cursor placement, end/call buttons for phone calls, and the menu button for menu, everything else adds unnecessary redundancy to what was already a very fluid and intuitive experience.

I figure the back button would be handy when browsing on the web.

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    09-12-14 12:43 AM
    No light up on the trackpad?

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 12:48 AM
    No light up on the trackpad?

Posted via CB10

nope no light up on the trackpad.
    09-12-14 05:58 AM
    If they restore the single-key shortcuts, then pressing "m" from the home screen will take you to messages (hub). That means two key presses from anywhere will take you to the hub: "hang up", followed by "m"

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 07:15 AM
    Sorry man I forget things when I'm busy. The dedicated phone soft key that is there has been changed to a hub button. So on the home and icon screens you can jump to the hub immediately. L gesture works from everywhere.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 07:59 AM
    Sorry man I forget things when I'm busy. The dedicated phone soft key that is there has been changed to a hub button. So on the home and icon screens you can jump to the hub immediately. L gesture works from everywhere.

Posted via CB10
    So I have to reach up over all those keys and touch the screen when I could have just assigned a key for instance M like the person above said which is there on the keyboard and it would take me straight to the hub. It seems more practical to me that a physical button to go to the hub would've/would make a lot more sense. I mean it's a phone with buttons.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 09:41 AM
    The trackpad selector shows up when you start to use it
    sorry if i misunderstood but does it mean that we have a cursor on screen whenever we want (browser,home page,even in games...)
    Last edited by merli001; 09-12-14 at 08:36 PM.
    09-12-14 03:31 PM