I had the pleasure of owning both the Q10 and the Classic. Although the Q10 is more manageable to carry, the screen was a bit too small. I personally prefer the Classic as it has a solid feel, larger screen and better keyboard.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-08-15 09:18 PM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I had the pleasure of owning both the Q10 and the Classic. Although the Q10 is more manageable to carry, the screen was a bit too small. I personally prefer the Classic as it has a solid feel, larger screen and better keyboard.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    +1 could not agree more!!!

Posted via CB10
    jasonnet likes this.
    05-08-15 09:41 PM
    I only got to play with a dummy phone but I liked the size of the Classic. I tend to like smaller phones but more importantly one that is well balanced, like the Z30.
    05-08-15 10:24 PM
    All cell phones demand concessions in one way or another on the users part. No one is perfect for all. I use a Q10, all things considered it is ?perfect.
    Excellent design, questionable execution.
    05-09-15 12:35 PM
    I've been reading up on the Classic occasionally since a month before it's released. I couldn't quite justify purchasing one because my Q10 (with frustratingly broken|bouncy 0 key) is still so young. But the spring discount ending tomorrow has me tempted.

Coincidentally I finally saw a Classic in person on Tuesday. A friend of my had one. I was impressed with two things in that mere twenty seconds. One slightly positive, the other negative. The slightly positive impression was the large screen. The negative impression was the large device. I really didn't expect it to look and feel so large. I feel the Q10 is already a little large. (I really pine for the BB Bold's great physical design and feel.) And I already have larger devices with me at all times and part of the appeal of the BB is it's small handy size and it's ability to be used in one hand. The Classic felt like I'd be obligated to use two hands to type whereas on the Q10 I can still sort of do that with one hand. Swiping the large screen seems like it would be even more uncomfortable one handed. It seems like it would require a profound thumb-stretch to reach those far corners. There are already times when I those swipes on the smaller Q10 are uncomfortable on my 50yo hands. But perhaps the trackpad will make those unnecessary? (I also was negatively impressed with the smallness of the trackpad. It almost felt like it's not there. Admittedly though I didn't actually try it for those few seconds I had access.)

My friend says he likes it much better than the Q10, but he's a very large thick guy with thick fingers. I can image that for him the larger size is very winning. His Classic had a case around it as well that might have made it feel bigger. (I'd not use one.) And I'm wondering if that trackpad will help avoid the extended thumb stretch swipes.

What do you think?

See my friend, i use both q10 is much better in one hand , but that is not mean the classic is big .

Believe me the trackpad is every thing for me now , i can do every thing with trackpad ,

Classic is the best Blackberry i had ever use
    05-09-15 12:42 PM
    In a world where >5" smartphones becoming the norm, it is quite difficult stating what is big and what is compact. Considering some "compact" versions of phones even exceeding the 4.5" range, the Classic doesn't really seem to be big. When you compare the dimensions, the Classic is indeed roughly comparable to ~4.5" screened full-touch phones.

Having said that, the Q10 still is the most pocketable BB10 you can buy and I guess it will stay that way for eternity. Even if there will ever be a "real" Q10 (or Q5) successor, in such a keyboard device without a toolbelt, it most likely will also have increased screensize to 3.5" or 3.6".
    The compact size is IMHO the strongest point why the Q10 still can be considered a (very) good choice for people looking for a modern BlackBerry device. After all it still packs the same specs as the Classic, battery life is decent and the dreaded double-typing problem obviously also plagues the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 04:37 AM
    I find the size of the Classic perfect

Posted via my awesome Classic
    05-10-15 05:59 AM
    Odds are in OP's favor for the size to work just fine. Majority of my crew vote Classic size is ok. That said, 8 of 11 females and 1 of 15 males in my crew routinely complain of hand fatigue by end of our 12 hr day. Several revert to 9900 by day's end. Our use, tho, is abnormally extreme, involving single handed spreadsheet editing while contorting within control cabinets. So... Fwiw.

For more "normal" activities, Classic seems just fine for all. Track navigation makes screen size mostly irrelevant. Which is why so many get by just fine with the 9900's tiny screen. Track works the other way, also... I LOVE using 99's trackpad thru PlayBook hdmi onto 100" CAD screen. Track is great for ALL sizes of screens.

Advice for OP? Give it a real try & time to adjust and you just might never want to do without the toolbelt again. Regardless of size.
    05-10-15 08:04 AM
    For me, the Classic is the most perfect BlackBerry I've tried or owned since 2009. For what I need in a communication device, it's awesome.

Side note: The hotel I work for got sold. The new owners/management and I have been hammering out the transition. Over and over again, my Classic has been body-slamming their iPhonies and Andwoids as we constantly send files and emails flying around. Had a meeting today and retrieved a file from my laptop in my office through Link and sent It to them all in about 45 seconds. I said, "I need a tool, not a toy" and all I got was nods and some good 'ol BlackBerry respect. Watching them tapping on their screens as my fingers are flying across this Classic keyboard is hilarious. BAM!!!

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    Lol! BTDT!
    A significant vendor of ours transitioned from iOS to Classic after prolonged association with my crew. I'm no longer first at the table with answers...
    05-10-15 08:55 AM
    Lmao I wouldn't mind a even bigger Classic lmao the classic is no where near "large"...I want to type comfortably not get "carpel tunnel "

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 T-Mobile 4G LTE
    05-10-15 12:02 PM
    My last device was a Z10. Before that, I had a 9930 with Verizon. When I was looking at the specs and measurement for the Classic, it was almost identical in size to the Z. It has been close to an ideal transition. Except for Internet, the screen real estate is sufficient on the Classic for everything I need it to do business wise. The only thing I had to adjust to was the weight and the position of the keyboard. Because of the heft, it works the thumbs a bit. Overall, I'm really glad to be back on the keyboard and the track pad is a dream for copy and paste, something I really need. I'm a happy camper again.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 12:20 PM
36 12