I've been reading up on the Classic occasionally since a month before it's released. I couldn't quite justify purchasing one because my Q10 (with frustratingly broken|bouncy 0 key) is still so young. But the spring discount ending tomorrow has me tempted.

Coincidentally I finally saw a Classic in person on Tuesday. A friend of my had one. I was impressed with two things in that mere twenty seconds. One slightly positive, the other negative. The slightly positive impression was the large screen. The negative impression was the large device. I really didn't expect it to look and feel so large. I feel the Q10 is already a little large. (I really pine for the BB Bold's great physical design and feel.) And I already have larger devices with me at all times and part of the appeal of the BB is it's small handy size and it's ability to be used in one hand. The Classic felt like I'd be obligated to use two hands to type whereas on the Q10 I can still sort of do that with one hand. Swiping the large screen seems like it would be even more uncomfortable one handed. It seems like it would require a profound thumb-stretch to reach those far corners. There are already times when I those swipes on the smaller Q10 are uncomfortable on my 50yo hands. But perhaps the trackpad will make those unnecessary? (I also was negatively impressed with the smallness of the trackpad. It almost felt like it's not there. Admittedly though I didn't actually try it for those few seconds I had access.)

My friend says he likes it much better than the Q10, but he's a very large thick guy with thick fingers. I can image that for him the larger size is very winning. His Classic had a case around it as well that might have made it feel bigger. (I'd not use one.) And I'm wondering if that trackpad will help avoid the extended thumb stretch swipes.

What do you think?
    05-07-15 04:27 PM
    I think too that few less millimeters could be better. But no unexpected "shift" with a one hand usage with the physical keyboard. A little bit boring with the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 04:39 PM
    I'm not at all a "large" person. I really like the size of the Classic. Especially this amazing keyboard...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-07-15 04:49 PM
    It's not too big. But I have to admit I still enjoy using my Q10 because it is small and light. The lack of a trackpad is the down side to a Q10 now because I have got used to having it on my Classic.

Classically posted.
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-07-15 04:51 PM
    I don't have an issue with one handed operation of the classic. I think I have average sized hands and all areas of the screen are reachable with one hand

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 04:52 PM
    To me it's not too large, plus it makes for a larger screen. It felt a little heavy at first, but i got used to it.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    05-07-15 04:57 PM
    I've had mine for a month now. Perfect size for two thumb typing.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 05:08 PM
    Compared with the Galaxy S6, iPhone 6, Note 4, HTC One, it's a perfectly fine size.
    05-07-15 05:31 PM
    For me, the Classic is the most perfect BlackBerry I've tried or owned since 2009. For what I need in a communication device, it's awesome.

Side note: The hotel I work for got sold. The new owners/management and I have been hammering out the transition. Over and over again, my Classic has been body-slamming their iPhonies and Andwoids as we constantly send files and emails flying around. Had a meeting today and retrieved a file from my laptop in my office through Link and sent It to them all in about 45 seconds. I said, "I need a tool, not a toy" and all I got was nods and some good 'ol BlackBerry respect. Watching them tapping on their screens as my fingers are flying across this Classic keyboard is hilarious. BAM!!!

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    05-07-15 05:55 PM
    I checked out the Classic a couple of times in the store and it does seem too large for my purposes. I prefer the size of the Q5/10 devices. And I don't need the toolbelt.

There is no right or wrong about such matters. At least BlackBerry manufactures several different types and sizes of phones to meet the differing preferences out there.

As long as the phone works reliably and meets your particular needs, that's what counts.

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling and Soul_Est like this.
    05-07-15 06:06 PM
    Perfect size, perfect weight. Very happy with this device.

Posted via  Classic.
    05-07-15 11:24 PM
    Perfect size for my BlackBerry Classic. It's not too big at all.

Posted via Blackberry Classic
    05-08-15 12:14 AM
    I went from a Q10 to a Classic, and wanted to return it in the first 48 hours. I was used to the size of the Q10 and didn't think I could get used to the Classic's larger size, even though the size difference is minimal. So for the next few days I didn't put it down so I could try to adapt. In no time I was used to it and the Classic was feeling more and more natural.

I've had it for 3 weeks today and I can say that this is probably not just the best BlackBerry I've owned, but the best phone I've owned. Very bright screen, long battery life (after making some adjustments in the background) and just a solid feeling phone; along with everything else we like about BlackBerry.

It's hard to make a good judgment on it until you can detach it from all the wires in the store and bring it home. It feels a little awkward at first, takes some time to adjust but then it becomes very familiar.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 12:19 AM
    I too felt that the Classic was bigger in my hands since it is almost the size of my whole hand. But interestingly I can type single-handedly on this amazing keyboard and my thumb can reach the trackpad without it being over-stretch. I do agree Q10 feels nicer in hand and lighter compared to Classic. I guess have a go at it and test it for a week. If you don't like it then you can always return it.

Posted via  the smooth BlackBerry Classic 
    05-08-15 01:18 AM
    Classic is the most sexiest device ever made!! Mind it!

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 02:13 AM
    I went from a 9900 to the Classic. For me it was love at first type. 😍 I could never go back, that's for sure.
    05-08-15 03:47 AM
    It's not too big. The trend with smartphones is definitely going to bigger devices anyways.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 03:49 AM
    Classic is not too big. But it's got a certain heft to it. Since most phones are getting lighter and lighter you might find the Classic a bit on the heavy side. But you'll get used to it after a day or two.

Speaking of the size of the Classic, I think it can be a bit lighter, maybe in the next Classic they can do that.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 03:50 AM
    Is this not what we asked for ? migrating from the last track pad 9900, bigger screen ,better camera an OS10 ... Now we complain too big ??
    donemt likes this.
    05-08-15 06:24 AM
    I don't think it's "too large", but I agree with a few other users that the Q10 was a much more comfortable size. It's probably the ideal phone size/shape for me, but without the toolbelt, it's kinda frustrating at times because I absolutely can't stand being forced to touch the screen.
    05-08-15 06:57 AM
    Yes, but so is the direction of phones these days. For me, it's at the very limit in size and a bit smaller would have been nice. Now only if the white would make it to canada already.
    Soapm likes this.
    05-08-15 07:10 AM
    Yes, but so is the direction of phones these days. For me, it's at the very limit in size and a bit smaller would have been nice. Now only if the white would make it to canada already.
    Agreed, I preferred the size of the 9900 as the Classic sticks out of my shirt pocket just a bit. But it is what it is and I've learned to live with it so no longer a big deal.
    05-08-15 07:29 AM
    I also have an HTC One M8. After using my Classic for just a day, my M8 now looks and feels like a monstrosity. Definitely not too large, at least not for me. Finally realized how much I appreciate a smaller device.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 04:59 PM
    It's too large. And assembled with glue.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 05:24 PM
    It's too large. And assembled with glue.

Posted via CB10
    I'm just curious, but do you think that if you spend enough time trashing the Classic that they will change it? I honestly don't get why you're interested in this sub-forum.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Melinium likes this.
    05-08-15 05:58 PM
36 12