Like many of us, we wrestle with the decision on which cell phone to use.. We balance fashion, function, and fun......We carry two of more devices with us at all times.... Such First World Problems...

Today I was on the road visiting some of my locations. I left my briefcase in my office that had my tablet, Laptop, and two or three cellphones... All I had with me was my Blackberry Classic and I had calls to make,emails to answer, problems to solve..... Well..... let me tell you... I was an absolute joy.... After I called my wife and told her that I left my iphone in the office and to call me on the BB if she needed me, I hit the stores running, texting and emailing at breakneck speed, snapping pictures, making calls and getting stuff done!!!!

It was empowering to have a virtual mobile office in my hands and not trying to balance multiple phones and tablets. I know that many smartphones have all functions of the BB, but having the Hub keeping things organized and the speed and the accuracy of the keyboard, I truly felt like a road warrior today.. I always knew that the Classic was built for business, but until you put away all the other "toys" and just let the Classic free, you will never know its true potential.

Oh ya.. and one more thing..I still have 64% battery left.......
    04-01-15 03:03 PM
    2-3 phones and a briefcase im afraid to ask what you do for a living you know what i mean
    04-01-15 03:06 PM
    Reading your post felt like watching a BlackBerry ad on TV (: great story!

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 03:10 PM
    2-3 phones and a briefcase im afraid to ask what you do for a living you know what i mean
    Nothing exciting... The cellphones are just my hobby.... LOL
    Blackerthanblack likes this.
    04-01-15 03:10 PM
    i know what you mean i like phones as well i will say this if i use something else be it android, windows or ios i just cant use them for over a week for some reason i feel they have something missing that blackberry doesnt
    andy957 likes this.
    04-01-15 03:15 PM
    i know what you mean i like phones as well i will say this if i use something else be it android, windows or ios i just cant use them for over a week for some reason i feel they have something missing that blackberry doesnt
    I am currently carrying a phone from each OS..and I agree, I use them for a few days and I find myself missing the BB... I keep trying, but always come back to BB
    rayporsche likes this.
    04-01-15 03:21 PM
    This is how I feel with the Classic as well -- I'm able to easily manage all of my communications from one place, typing with the keyboard is a breeze and I'm able to type much more accurately compared to a touch screen keyboard, I can keep track of things using Remember and the Calendar, overall it's just a dream to use. It may not seem like a lot, but the BlackBerry Hub is brilliant and beats the pants off anything else.
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    04-01-15 03:25 PM
    I like multiple phones too, but only different BlackBerry phones.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    04-01-15 05:31 PM
    I agree. I am a volunteer coordinator and use my phone a lot for communication, documentation, note taking, calendar events etc. My Classic just allows me to get things done without any fuss. A true workhorse and plenty of battery left at end of day.

Posted via Classic
    Zeridialous likes this.
    04-01-15 06:37 PM
    Iphone is the superior tool. Apps matter. For example here in socal it is a major advantage to have Google maps and solid Waze navi to guide u thru it's vast expanse full of jams, accidents and crazy people.

BlackBerry Sucks in this area. Hub can't help here. Hub can't get you to easily check in on a flight. BlackBerry phys keyboard is good for people who r addicted to phys keyboards. That's it.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 07:38 PM
    I have Waze on my Classic
    davisgq likes this.
    04-01-15 07:55 PM
    Iphone is the superior tool. Apps matter. For example here in socal it is a major advantage to have Google maps and solid Waze navi to guide u thru it's vast expanse full of jams, accidents and crazy people.

BlackBerry Sucks in this area. Hub can't help here. Hub can't get you to easily check in on a flight. BlackBerry phys keyboard is good for people who r addicted to phys keyboards. That's it.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it was BlackBerry's intention when designing the hub to be able to check in on a flight. The internet browser is capable of doing that with ease.

If you want access to Google Maps there is an app available in BlackBerry world called BeMaps 10 Pro.

You raised an excellent point regarding the physical keyboard being good for people who want a physical keyboard - I hadn't looked at it that way before and had just assumed BlackBerry had put it there to minimise screen space, I think I'll purchase an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 11:13 PM
    If social media and apps are what you need to get things done than an iphone is where it's at, how ever if you don't live on those then a classic BlackBerry is just a better communicator, organizer, note taker, handles text editing and one handed use better.

Overall it's a communicator first, media device second, which makes it a better phone. An iphone is a small tablet that also happens to be able to send sms and make calls. That's the difference in philosophy, and how you approach your device.
    Last edited by FobiddenRiceman; 04-02-15 at 03:11 AM.
    anon(5061193) and davisgq like this.
    04-02-15 03:00 AM
    If social media and apps are what you need to get things done than an iphone is where it's at, how ever if you don't live on those then a classic BlackBerry is just a better communicator, organizer, note taker, handles text editing and one handed use better.

Overall it's a communicator first, media device second, which makes it a better phone. An iphone is a small tablet that also happens to be able to send sms and make calls. That's the difference in philosophy, and how you approach your device.
    That is a great way to put it. If I was on a long flight and needed to to kill time, I would go for the iphone (actually I DO) but when I am in "work mode" and I have ten people pulling at me from all directions and I need to be on my game.. There is nothing like a Blackberry.. PERIOD
    04-02-15 06:29 AM
    At least use an example other than Waze which works from the start on BB10 fine. I agree with bbinoz, never thought the KB was made for people who liked KBs, thought BB just wanted to optimized battery and decided to put a non LCD element there instead. Go figure, I will look at iPhones differently from now on and pick one up a long with the other hundreds of Androids out there.
    04-02-15 09:07 AM
    At least use an example other than Waze which works from the start on BB10 fine. I agree with bbinoz, never thought the KB was made for people who liked KBs, thought BB just wanted to optimized battery and decided to put a non LCD element there instead. Go figure, I will look at iPhones differently from now on and pick one up a long with the other hundreds of Androids out there.
    To each his own I CAN type on a glass screen or use Swype, but I just feel so at ease using a PK. But again, that's why we have so many options as consumers, right?

I only have 2 Amazon/Android apps installed on my Classic: Waze and Spotify. After the most recent update, Spotify has been working almost flawlessly. Truthfully, I haven't used Waze as much because BB Maps gets the job done when I need it to, along with BMaps Pro. Still, nice to have another map option in a pinch
    04-02-15 09:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    As someone mentioned, the Hub is not designed to check-in to flights. The browser excels at checking in on an airline's site if the app for that airline is not available. I know, some people want the airline's actual smartphone app and that's understandable. Blackberry Travel is the best option. I don't fly a lot, but the times that I did have to fly, BB Travel was surprisingly efficient and superior to use to keep track of travel.
    andy957 likes this.
    04-02-15 09:59 AM
    Nothing exciting... The cellphones are just my hobby.... LOL
    Me too.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-03-15 04:59 PM